• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Worst pain you've ever felt?

The past six months or so my knee has occasionally hyper-extended and it hurts like the devil, it basically feels like someone's tearing my knee cap away from my knee and twisting everything in the process.

when ash left misty. i cried for a week whenever i thought about it i just bawled. im praying they show her in the new movie

I think I can trump most if not all people's pain here.

This won't go into detail but it's not for everyone to read so it'll be in the spoiler.

When I was around 13-14 I had something bad happen to a sensitive male organ. If you are a guy and someone's ever kicked you in this area... yeah you know what I'm talking about...

Anyway the pain started when I was out running and it lasted just under a week. Every time I moved my lower body it was like someone kicked me in between the legs.

The pain was so excruciating that it almost made me vomit if I moved too much. I had to take a bunch of pain killers (which did NOTHING) and barely got any sleep.

I eventually had to go into surgery to get it sorted out.

So yeah I think unless you've given birth or been stung by a bullet ant, you can't beat the pain I had for a week :(

Last edited:
I'd probably say whenever I have a migraine or when I have my chronic back pains act up. Both are extremely painful to deal with, especially when I'm sensitive to severe pain.

i wanna say when i broke my wrist but when i broke my toe it hurt real bad lol

emotionally, i feel lots of pain all the time lmao i don't really know what the worst was

worst pain i can remember would either be getting my finger stuck in a door (oops) or this massive ear pain i had a few weeks ago.

emotional??? idk my first breakup probably i was like 14 lmao

Physically : when medical personnel tried to "manually detach" multiple adhesions in my uterus and related areas. Considering I was told I was there for a normal ultrasound and then after that was over I was told to change into a hospital gown for the *internal* ultrasound (PLEASE LOOK THIS UP IF YOU HAVE FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE ORGANS SO YOU ARE AWARE OF WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU EVER NEED ONE)... yeah, that is one of the single most traumatic experiences of my life, physically and emotionally.

I have stage IV endometriosis with conplicating factors so pain is something I'm intimately familiar with. I also have chronic migraines, recurrent ear infections and perferated ear drums, and narcolepsy with cataplexy (causes no pain itself but doesn't "play nicely" with my other issues, to say the least). Having a very high pain tolerance threshold only gets you so far lol.

Emotionally? Just the fallout from medical diagnoses and dramas.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This won't go into detail but it's not for everyone to read so it'll be in the spoiler.

When I was around 13-14 I had something bad happen to a sensitive male organ. If you are a guy and someone's ever kicked you in this area... yeah you know what I'm talking about...

Anyway the pain started when I was out running and it lasted just under a week. Every time I moved my lower body it was like someone kicked me in between the legs.

The pain was so excruciating that it almost made me vomit if I moved too much. I had to take a bunch of pain killers (which did NOTHING) and barely got any sleep.

So yeah I think unless you've given birth or been stung by a bullet ant, you can't beat the pain I had for a week :(

That sounds absolutely terrifying as well as unbelievably painful. That said, I'd trade in a heartbeat if I could. I've been on medical bedrest for much of the past 2-3 years and it's not over yet despite the two surgeries and upteen hormone injections and on and on.

I'd rather the pain of childbirth, too, since at least that has a definite *end point* haha.

- - - Post Merge - - -

kidney stones.

Kidney Stones.

KIDNEY STONES.

My dad has "given birth" to more than 3 dozen seperate kidney stones in the past 10 years or so. At least 3 hospital admissions to deal with the most difficult ones. He's a strong man and doesn't like to complain - and certainly doesn't seek medical attention lightly.

It's horrible, and the recovery process is not pleasant either.

Last edited:
emotinal pain? i don't know, i used to feel numb from inside & out when i felt very down. the reason behind it is too personal
physical: probably getting my septum done hahaha, i don't wear it much.

oh, feeling embarrassed or guilty is awful.

Last edited:
Physical: When I was 5 and my tongue got frozen onto a dumpster in the winter. Don't ask how it happened. Then instead of the recess supervisors getting hot water, they had me just rip it off. **** that hurt, took 3 weeks to heal maybe?

Emotional: *stuff*

I'm not even a man and I felt pain just reading that. rip

I'm not going to go into detail about worst emotional pain.

The worst physical pain I've ever felt used to happen monthly. I have endometriosis so every single month was torture. I would either have to spend five days in the bathroom or in bed. I couldn't move at all. Because of this, school was terrible, especially if it all happened in the middle of the day and I didn't have painkillers. If the pain was bad enough, I would actually pass out. I think it happened four or five times throughout high school.

Luckily, I don't really have menstrual cycles anymore?? Probably because my junk is so ****ed up. Idk. I can't afford a doctor, lmao.

Last edited:
Note: I wanted to put this all under a spoiler, but I don't know how to actually do that??

Just type (spoiler) at the start then end it with (/spoiler) BUT replace the ( ) with [ ]

Hope this helped!!!

Last edited:
i broke my collarbone when i was 8. when i got it xrayed they missed it and the photograph only showed my shoulder area so the broken bone wasnt visible. they were like "ehh oure fine you need to stay active and the pain will go away" so my mom forced me to go to ice hockey training and stuff like that. i dont rememer a lot but i remember that a boy in my class walked into me a few days after it happened and my vision got black because i was in so much pain. he thought i was being overly dramatic and started laughing at me ):
a few months after it healed my sister saw that i had a big bump on my collarbone and i went to the doctor to check it out. they said it was broken but had healed.

It might be a bit TMI but
I went through a vein while self harming a few years ago. All I remember was screaming and crying and screaming and crying because I thought I had hit bone and it just f e l t s o b a d and everything just felt like I was burning and like I was dying and I could feel air hitting the inside of my arm and then blacking out and waking up in hospital. The doctors told me if I had gone deeper, I would've hit an artery and I would be dead. so ya

As for emotional pain, I went through a psychosis last year after I dropped out of school and I just felt this crushing emotional burden, like the entire world was against me and like I shouldn't be alive. Paired with the hallucinations and the voices that told me the same thing, I felt dead.

I know you warned us but oh man I feel weak after reading that. -cries- I'm glad you're alive!!

Physically, it's the horrible pain my spine is subjected to literally 24/7. My back is so bad sometimes it's unbearable unless I lay down all day, which really can't be done. I know it's not as bad as some of the people's pain here, and my condolences for anyone who has it worse than me, I wish you all the best.

Mentally it was getting emotionally abused by my ex every day for about eight months. Long story I'd rather not get into. Basically I still haven't fully recovered but it's getting better.

Last edited:
When I was in high school I got a lot of migraines that just rendered me useless the whole day because it was so bad and nauseating. I made the mistake of going to school when I had a mild headache and going to swimming class. That day we were supposed to do diving exercises and drills where we have to touch the bottom of the pool. Well I didn't equalise my ears properly when going down and a lot of water got in and no matter how much I shook my head and blew my nose I felt like there was still water in there. That same day my mild headache turned into a massive migraine on top of the ringing in my head from not being able to equalise my ears. I think that was the worst pain I ever felt. I thought my head was going to explode and no amount of pain killers helped.. this lasted for like a week, half of it was spent me throwing up from time to time from the nausea.

When I had a cold, I had a really bad cough. It was late at night and I didn't wanna wake up the entire house coughing so I ran outside as fast as I could and then let it rip. I was coughing so hard, I felt like I was going to throw up stuff against my will but luckily I didn't. However, I literally coughed so hard that it felt like I pulled a muscle or something in my throat. I couldn't swallow or move my neck for a good ten minutes. It was so freaking painful.

i know i already posted here but it hurts like hell when you have a huge fight with your friend(s) and you have mutual friend/friends with them.

Back