Worst pain you've ever felt?

Yo, charley horses are so painful. I get them frequently in my toes, of all places.

In terms of emotional pain, witnessing the suffering of others, especially those I love, gives me pain both physically and emotionally. Also, any horrid interactions with people involving unkind words (nicest way to put it), actually make me feel sick. I take words to heart, so after a horrible interaction with someone involving any screaming/yelling/hateful verbiage, I cry so hard that I actually feel like I'm going to throw up. It's very unpleasant.

Conversely, good and genuine interactions with people make me happy and can greatly improve my mood/health for days.

Last edited:
Worst physical pain is probably when I first discovered I was allergic to cashews. I took a bite of some pie filling my mom was making that had crushed up cashews in it, 15 minutes later I'm itchy all over and hives are starting to swelt up all over me. An hour later I was vomitting nonstop, my face was swollen so bad I couldn't see, the hives were all over me and I felt like I was on fire. It was awful.

ah one time as a kid I scrapped like half of my face off in a bad biking accident... because I fell off and my face hit the concrete
and I had to go to elementary school with these huge bandages on my face everyday lol I looked sort of funny

It was really painful though my face was covered in blood

Emotional: My childhood best friend dying in a wrong way car crash because some idiot adult speeding the wrong way down a interstate, not one scratch on the adult but 4 16 year olds and 1 15 year old died. Worst thing to ever happen to me, I've cried so much because I'm still not over the fact that he's gone. Also I have major anxiety about going on highways or interstates because I always feel like I may get in a crash or if my parents/brother is home late I always feel like they got in an accident. What's even worse is a guy got pissed at me missing our first date because I had to spend some family time and I didn't feel comfortable explaining why I couldn't go and so we ended things but 3 months later we decided to give it another shot and he stood me up on purpose to get "back at me".

Physical: Either breaking my 12th rib from cheerleading or slicing open my foot on an elliptical when I was 10 (of course I was jogging with out socks or shoes on and my foot got caught in the big wheel in the back of the machine)

I'll go with physical pain for this one.

A few years back I went through a month where I would get terrible back knots. Some of them were so bad that I couldn't get out of bed. I have a pretty high pain tolerance; when I was young I broke lots of bones and never felt anything. Have gotten multiple tattoos and piercings. Have had surgeries, etc. But for some reason these back knots were really bad. I remember trying silly things to get them to go away, and my doctor eventually having to prescribe me medication for them because he said they were some of the worst he had ever seen.

Emotional pain.

Is watching something die in front of you. Taking their last breath in front of you. My dad was diagnosed with skin cancer when I was 15. We had him stay home and converted his office into a bedroom. Of course I was very optimistic that he'd surpass it and everything would be fine.

The doctor came by to check, and then my mom told me to gather in the room and he was totally unresponsive. I just watched him take his last breath, had my mom sobbing on the floor, everyone was crying but me. Saw them take his body away. I just couldn't comprehend it.

Then all the neighbors gave their condolences. I was real numb. I didn't feel pain until I reached adulthood. For the longest time it felt like he just took a walk and one day would be back.

physical pain: gallstones. literally the most indescribable feeling i have ever felt, and the worst part about it was there was no way to relieve it.

emotional pain: everytime my best friend is sad. i saw her have a semi-breakdown a few weeks ago, and just, it was awful.

kidney stones.

Kidney Stones.

KIDNEY STONES.

I can second that. I have a high tolerance for pain, but I've had stones that dropped me to my knees.

I think a close second would be when I had gallstones, although part of the problem was in not knowing what it was at first. Fear definitely makes things worse.

Last edited:
Physical when I had to cure a cavity, the dentist kept saying that it wouldn't hurt but I did

Emotional when I heard the person I have to call dad shouting at my mother when he was so drunk he couldn't even stand up straight

Either dislocating my knee cap on a patrol climbing a mountain in the jungle or hiking 20 kilometers up and down a mountain carrying 80 lbs of gear on a broken foot.

TBH and a bit of TMI, but period cramps. Even though they're only monthly and last for a week or less, they hurt so much! The first three days I can't even walk without feeling the pain, and half the time I want to either cry or curl up on my bed. I once fell off my bike at high speed when going down this one hill, and I ended up bleeding everywhere (even had scratches on my eye lids), but that pain doesn't even compare to my cramps. >.<

Emotionally though, the worst pain comes from my fam, especially when there are money or relationship issues.

worst pain would be when you have liquid nitrogen freezing off your skin
2nd probs would be stub my pinky toe on a corner.

emotionally. the feeling of betrayal.

Last edited:
Physical pain: multiple ovarian cysts and cramps that came with it; had to leave school multiple times because of it
Emotional pain: Losing my mom and two months later almost losing my dad after heart surgery (and his old age, he'll be 80 soon)

Physical - I almost hit a vein on my wrist with an injury which really hurt so much, on a scale of 1-10 it was a 10.
Emotional (not gonna go into all the detail but) - Probably accepting that after years of fighting + awful emotionally abusive and such relationships, my dad didn't love me anymore. Not fun to have to do age 13, but it is what it is. Probably didn't aid that I had depression + anxiety (as well as other varying illnesses)

Emotional, can't say. Physically, I hurt my crotch really bad. My soccer teammate and I were running at each other and we both jumped and accidentally hit each other in the crotch, and it hurt so bad omg. It was years ago and I still have a mark down there. I've sprained my ankle and got sliced before, but crOTCH BRUISES REALLY HURT THE MOST :(

the second worst pain i felt was.. when i broke my elbow. i fell 10 feet and it snapped right in half and completely shattered some parts. didnt hurt initially, but when i was in the hospital i felt it after the initial shock wore off and HOO. also, after my first surgery on that elbow, it felt like someone slashed my arm open and then taped it back together. HORRIBLE.

but the worst thing ever, nothing will beat this for a long time, is when my ex, who i was really in love with, just cut me off. he was vauging about me for about 2 weeks before this. that day he started talking about something that really disgusts me, in graphic detail. later that day he snapped and broke up with me. he told me every time he said he loved me, he cared about me, i was great, i wasnt annoying, i was fun to talk to, anything positive he said about me was fake and he actually hated me and despised me the entire time. that completely wrecked me and it was over a year ago but i'll never get over it.

Back