Do you care to decorate villager's houses?

Jesseybean

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I was just wondering if anyone else ever tries to decorate the villagers houses via gifts and re-tail. I've tried before and it always bothersome after a while because they will always replace the wrong furniture or something.

do you ever stop them from buying things at re-tail?

I don't normally care too much cause it's too much effort for me but if they wanna buy something obviously ugly at Retail I definitely say no.

I try to give them furniture that I think will fit their themes, but only when they ask me to or I want them to replace a particularly unfitting piece. I've given Etoile a lot of regal pink furniture and Wolfgang a lot of modern furniture, for example. Also, when they invite me over and ask if I want to buy a piece of furniture, I try to buy anything that looks unfitting or out of place.

I was just wondering if anyone else ever tries to decorate the villagers houses via gifts and re-tail. I've tried before and it always bothersome after a while because they will always replace the wrong furniture or something.

do you ever stop them from buying things at re-tail?
This is exactly why I don't bother doing it xD

i try to keep everyone's houses as original as possible but i don't really care if they place something new. in my old town all of their houses were either empty or completely ruined. i think most of the villager's original house design is great, i gave Flurry a chocolate cake the other day because it suits her home & i sometimes give villagers small items because bigger items are too much of a risk in my opinion

Last edited:
Nope - unless by "decorate" you somehow mean "try to obtain any furniture I like for myself + gifting as many seashells, (cheap) fish, and (cheap) bugs as possible". That, I absolutely do.

I thought the villagers were the single most annoying aspect of ACWW when I started playing (yeah yeah I know, it's called *animal* crossing. That didn't mean I had to like being bugged all the time to do stuff for weird creatures who invaded my town to move in..). I've improved somewhat since then. I rarely even send them the rubbish I fish out of oceans and rivers anymore* - I consider that serious progress, since I never stopped doing that in any of my WW towns! I do send my surplus furniture/clothing/silver slingshots/basic flowers as gifts quite often, too, so it's not *only* the shells, fish, and bugs - I'm happy to send a wide variety of things, so long as they're not worth much in the way of bells lol.

Seeing the random collection of items villagers accumulate just *never* gets old for me!! I always smile seeing the random fish/bugs/leftover items I've sent them.

*okay, there are two reasons in addition to my improving generally : firstly, I discovered that if I send them physical items then they'll often swap it for something in their house; which means I can probably get the swapped-out item, yay! And secondly, I had the Beautiful Town ordinance on for quite a while so I simply didn't have and rubbish to gift. I regret nothing.

Last edited:
I try to give them furniture that I think will fit their themes, but only when they ask me to or I want them to replace a particularly unfitting piece. I've given Etoile a lot of regal pink furniture and Wolfgang a lot of modern furniture, for example. Also, when they invite me over and ask if I want to buy a piece of furniture, I try to buy anything that looks unfitting or out of place.

Same here. Though it's a pain to do sometimes. Phil still has a sink shoved up to the table. But if they want to replace something specific, I usually don't mind.

yes its very fun but its hard to see where everything will end up getting placed. and some villagers just have awful taste haha

Nope I do my best to keep them original. They do goofy things with furniture placement and always have a clothing stand up when you change their clothes back. I think they have perfect;y already designed homes and am too busy with my alts' houses to decorate villagers'!

No. I keep them as default as possible so I don't entertain furniture change, bugs and fish requests (and sometimes ignore deliveries) :p

I honestly don't mind what their houses look like. I like seeing what they do on their own, how they think. I know they're just characters, and not "real", but I enjoy seeing what they do on their own. It makes it more like a real town to me.

I must be the only one who likes to decorate my villagers' houses, lol. Although it's a pain in the ass sometimes. I have only been successful in decorating Flo's house with the sleek furniture, Freya's with the regal set and Fang's with the classic set. I want to decorate Savannah's with the rococo set but she won't sell the modern cabinet or the modern dresser, lol. Rolf's house... well, he won't sell anything.

I only do this for villagers I've had for a long time since their houses usually look pretty bad after a few years.I gave Pompom a bunch of lovely and minimalist furniture and her house looks pretty decent now.I'm in the process of making Beau's house all cabin furniture and redoing Pippy's house with the blue set.

Lately I've been buying Kyle all of the lovely furniture, as a joke. I'm sure I'll move on to another kind of furniture later, but it's funny to walk into his house and see all pink

Not much.
However, I will edit Chief and Kid Cat's houses, they are horrendous.

i never want them to change anything ever. EVER. OAOq

the only exception is my long-time gurl, bunnie. i've blinged her out to the max. idk why, but one day she just put on a different shirt that i just love on her, and her ONLY, and then i've blinged out her house a few times. the most recent one i settled on is the most lavish, methinks.

mostly, i think this happened because bunnie's defaults are pretty bad tbh. x:

No, I don't really decorate villagers' homes.. but maybe I will someday once my town is complete. If you look inside Bonbon's house, it's a mess!

Back