• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Furniture you wish they would add

Twisterheart

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Lobo
White Pansy
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
As I try to redecorate my houses, I realize there is actually a lot of furniture that is missing, or furniture that has the right look but the wrong color.

First of all, I wish that all furniture could be customized into every basic color (red, blue, green, brown, ect). I really dislike how certain furniture sets, like the blue or green series can only be changed to either regular, or dark or light. It would be really nice to see those sets as other colors.

As for furniture, I wish they would add

- Wooden wall cabinets
- Clothes hamper
- A white desk with a top, similar to the writing desk
- A black bookshelf, or basic black furniture that doesn't really have a big design and is just simple
- A square shower stall
- Trundle bed
- A big bed with metal bar headboard
- Curtains, not like in HHD but like big curtains you can hang across the wall like in real life
- Also shower curtains that hang from the ceiling
- Shelves that you place on the wall, and then you can place items on the shelf
- Stackable items, like being able to place small items on top of other small items.
- Bathtub and shower built together into one with the walls attached
- A clothes rack that hangs from the ceiling
- Glass top tables, both coffee table and side tables
- Reclining chair

I wish there were more kitchen and bathroom furniture pieces.. There aren't too many options so a lot of kitchens/bathrooms end up looking similar :(

I'd like more kitchen stuff as well :/ i'd like more than just the ranch set for my kitchen. Maybe more fancy stuff like the rococo set not the regal style (not a big fan) but couches/chairs with ornate/floral signs

I agree about the kitchen stuff. The furniture they have is either brown or white. I had to settle with the brown sink and stove in my game because it was the only thing that 'kind of' looked like what I was going for. The white sink would have been better if the cabinet doors were customizable.

Also, agree about the bathrooms. I know bathrooms are smaller in real life, but I still wish they would add more items. Like maybe a cloth decorative set you place on the walls or something. A towel closet or shelf... There's just a lot of bathroom stuff I think they could add.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not furniture, but I wish once you paid off your home loan completely that you could have the ability to change the size and shape of the rooms in your house, or put up walls or mini rooms like closets inside. Like if you decided your living room was too big and you wanted it to be a smaller rectangle, you could change it. Of if you wanted to split a room into two, for a bathroom/washroom type real you could.

I agree about the kitchen stuff. The furniture they have is either brown or white. I had to settle with the brown sink and stove in my game because it was the only thing that 'kind of' looked like what I was going for. The white sink would have been better if the cabinet doors were customizable.

Also, agree about the bathrooms. I know bathrooms are smaller in real life, but I still wish they would add more items. Like maybe a cloth decorative set you place on the walls or something. A towel closet or shelf... There's just a lot of bathroom stuff I think they could add.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not furniture, but I wish once you paid off your home loan completely that you could have the ability to change the size and shape of the rooms in your house, or put up walls or mini rooms like closets inside. Like if you decided your living room was too big and you wanted it to be a smaller rectangle, you could change it. Of if you wanted to split a room into two, for a bathroom/washroom type real you could.

Completely agree! I also wish you could opt to remove windows altogether. The windows look ridiculous with some of the wallpapers!

I also want there to be room dividers/doors that can actually open and close. For example, the folding screens, I wish they could actually unfold and fold to give a feeling of a different room.. Don't know how to explain it lol

Last edited:
More tile wallpapers. I don't like the ones we have atm for kitchen and WC. Wall mirrors. I'm also disappointed we didn't get the hanging lamps and other items with the amiibo update.

Last edited:
I would like more frames or at least be able to refurbish the fancy frame. Sometimes, I would like a more rustic or modern look

The fireplace is one of my favorite pieces. I wish it could be refurbished.

I love the froggy chair and lillypad table. I wish they had made it a full set. A bed, dresser, etc.

I would like more frames or at least be able to refurbish the fancy frame. Sometimes, I would like a more rustic or modern look
Great idea. It'd also be cool if we could add frames to crazy Redd's paintings, I hate how they look without them.

I wish you could have the option to have each wall have different wallpaper on it, instead of each wall having to be the same.

Really wish they made the Tranquil Bridge passable. Would've allowed for many ideas and creativity. D:

Personally, I think they should add more Kitchen Items.
Mirrors would be a pleasant surprise to see. :eek:

Wished we had the nice long counter behind the mayors desk. It would be perfect for a library/study and a nice place to hold items.
All the villagers pictures should have be wall or table when they updated the game.

More items allowed in the room would be nice. With the new stuff I ran out of room in my fancy kitchen.
In my museum I placed all the clothing on the wall and only a few more pieces of clothing can go on the ground. The room looks bare.

Curtains that with your own QR codes. Able to place the garden items outside would make me very happy.

more plain but customizable furniture like the alpine set

also i really want wall shelves we can put stuff on... so cool

Curtains on the wall would be nice, especially in different styles.
I'd love more furniture that fits an old-school, English country manor vibe.
More kitchen and bathroom pieces, outside of the clean, pale, utilitarian pieces we have already.
More food pieces would be nice. I love decorating with different foods and drinks.
I don't know if it's possible, but lamps that hang from the ceiling would be great. I don't know if they exist already, but I haven't seen any.
Room dividers of different heights and lengths would be great, along with screens that are able to fold and unfold.
More items allowed per room would be very welcome.
I'd also love more furniture like the Rococo set; fancy, with floral or softly patterned fabric, and wood.
More customization options are always welcome; from being able to customize new furniture, to new options to items we're already able to customize

the idea of curtains previously mentioned sounds wonderful. I'd like to see more rugs and mats and things you can walk over. maybe like a lego and then your mayor reacts to stepping over it because it hurts lmao.

Maybe a few cool ideas
1. A cloud set with a chair, clock, furniture
2. Candy set, jolly rancher sofa, cotton candy bed
3. Galaxy set, with a swirl type bed, maybe a bed kind of colored like earth, and a cool globe

Back