• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you ever wish that your life would fast forward?

Right now I currently want time to fast forward. Something major in my life is happening in June, and I seriously just want time to go faster! I've been looking forward to this since January... I'm honestly already surprised it's almost April, but still... 2 1/2ish more months to go. >.<!

yeah, i'm really struggling with a lot right now and i wish i could fast forward to living with my fiance and just being with him all the time

Yeah to get through this rough patch. But the struggle and sacrifice is what is shaping me.

Whilst I was on bedrest waiting for my surgeries I just wanted to skip ahead til post-op. Not to get away from the pain, though that would have been *amazing*, but just to get to the part where we had real answers about my condition and my options. Waiting for months on end was just the worst.

Aside from that, I've mostly only wanted a way to slow time DOWN, or pause it entirely, not speed it up! Simce I was a child I've wished there was a way to click my fingers or something and pause everything around me so I could just think in peace, or sleep, or recover from stress/illness/injury without missing anything. I've always loathed "wasting" time, and learning to be okay with taking my time sometimes has been a hard-won (but important) battle.

I rather go back in time . If i had a foward button i would **** up a lot more than i already do

Last edited:
no way! there is so much to do, learn & see. i need all the time i get out of this life

I'd rather slow down time. I've had so many changes in the past few years I'd like the chance to take things slow for awhile and just enjoy life. Not that I'm not already, but my job makes days, weeks, months just disappear!

I like walking every day because when I'm walking time does seem to slow down, though only for a little while.

No, I wish I could rewind. I miss being a kid in 6th grade, things were so much easier back then and I didn't have any medical conditions at that time.

Noooooo. I start college this year and I'm both terrified and excited so I'm trying to enjoy my last two months of High School. I wouldn't mind fast forwarding to the time when a store near me gets a damn Switch in stock for more than five seconds though.

As a kid, yeah. Just fast forward to the day after the big terrible thing, despite that thing never being actually terrible.
Right now I'm in an inbetween situation and sometimes I wish I could fastforward to a more stable life, but than again I will probably never have that amount of freedom in my life ever again, at least never with my current health, so yeah.

I'd like to go forward a year or two. I'm struggling with my classes in college, it's to the point where I'm scraping by with passing grades because my motivation is so low. I'd like to skip to when this is past & I'm doing better mentally/emotionally.

Not really, I'm quite enjoying where I am in life right now!

sometimes, but that is just what life is, you have to bear every boring or nonboring moment. like my bio teacher says "if you're bored that means you're not doing a good job entertaining yourself"

Sometimes, like my life is in a bit of a rut, but I am hoping it's going to be looking up next month. We have vacation and I think that's going to start a positive train of events, my boyfriend getting a new job, me finding a online school to do and hopefully us moving out, or having my mom move out and rent her house to us. So I am really looking forward to it.

Definitely, I have a cold right now so I really would like to get back to feeling better. But even in general, yeah, I have depression AND anxiety, am in a really boring stage in my life, and am relatively poor, so there are often times when I want to skip ahead to either when my mental health is doing better, when something more exciting happens, or when a new cheque comes through.

Yes. There are difficult things in my life right now that I can't really help, so I'd rather fast forward to a time where I'm not being weighed down by those things any more.

Somewhat, I forgot how tiring a 3 month old can be xD Though I dont really want to skip through this age since this is pretty much the "easy stage" of having a child. My 4 year old is so hyper and what not that sometimes I just want a nap.

No, I would never want to “fast forward” my life. There are times like these that are boring and not filled with university, but it is exactly because of these times that I’m able to become an even stronger and smarter person. To skip fast forward a year or two would be to miss all the great opportunities for growth there still are in my life.

I guess in high school... then when you become an adult and start working and have responsibilities you just want it to slow down so you have more time to get everything done and have some free time to enjoy things again...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, I do. I wanna fast forward to AC: Switch.

I can't argue with this.

Back