Fandoms

There are bad parts to every fandom, but as long as people aren't hurting anyone, I don't see the problem in it. I am kind of laughing at all of the people claiming fandoms are cringey and bad, but they're here posting in an Animal Crossing forum.

The biggest fandom I've been in was Homestuck. The fans could be pretty harmful (especially the younger ones), so I ended up leaving after five years. However, I do still contribute fanfic and watching videos based around it. I'm also (obviously) part of the Animal Crossing fandom, but I don't ship anything?? I just enjoy the game quite a bit.

I was also in bandom for three years, but I don't like to talk about it because I was a major jerk when it came down to it.

Most fandoms are pretttyyy bad. They typically give people a bad first impression on whatever it is. I'm only in the vocaloid fandom I guess, it's not too bad for most of what I've seen

the vocaloid fandom is Rly Bad tho? like when i was into it i wasnt involved w the fandom bc it was filled with weebs, creeps and ppl who said "LEN IS TOTEZ HAWT LUL XDD" . but idk maybe it's different on other sites but Yh. especially the yourube comments on every vocaloid song w/ over 200 000 views .. theyre So Bad

I used to be in lots of different fandoms for bands, YouTubers, video games and more. But as I realised that basically everyone in fandoms are obsessed and unhinged, I pulled myself away.

I used to be involved in the Dragon Age and Steven Universe fandoms.

the operative phrase there is "used to be."

i don't like shippers. especially if the ones being shipped are uncomfortable with it. i don't find the appeal to fictional characters either but i have nothing against that since it usually doesn't hurt anyone.

i've been in a few fandoms and they've mostly been terrible experiences. my favourite band is often assosciated with Columbine and you get these dumb kids trying to defend what they did, or are just fangirling about them all the time.
the only fandom i've found tolerable is the AC community.

Last edited:
I avoid fandoms tbh

I say while posting on an animal crossing forum
Pretty much this. Can't say I'm not apart of a fandom unless I wanted to be blatantly hypocritical since I post here regularly. But for large, conventional fandoms it's not my scene though I don't judge others for being into them. Different strokes for different folks and all that. Again, it would be pretty hypocritical being this community revolves around a cutesy game marketed towards 10 year olds. At least with Animal Crossing it's nice to be able to trade with and visit other players/fans. All Most fandoms go to hell eventually, especially if they get huge or cover broad subjects like anime.

Last edited:
i used to be involved in fandom communities on tumblr but i don't use it any more and my dash was always full of petty conflict on behalf of the people i followed. it was nice to follow and occasionally talk to people with similar interests but i wasn't that engaged in the tumblr community and my interests aren't really that uncommon that i can't find people who like at least some of them in real life.
i only really follow the disney, marvel (not too bothered about mcu anymore tho tbh), star wars, walking dead, gilmore girls, hamilton, stranger things, probably some more.
i suppose i can understand why some people on this thread oppose fandoms but i don't get why people so strongly hate them. everything has its bad points and whether you want to participate in them or not is your choice, but they're good for meeting ppl and interacting and learning about things you enjoy. i'd say im active in these '''fandoms''' in the sense that i follow them but don't participate.

Last edited:
I really don't understand complaints against fandoms for the most part. I've been in tons over the years and I've enjoyed the art and music and writing from every one, and have rarely experienced any negatives. I just don't get it. ?\_(ツ)_/?

Although I will say things that the Steven Universe fandom has done to the crew has been pretty crappy. But most other fandoms I'm in and have been in are fine.

Ehhh, I think all fandoms have their bad parts, (at least, the bigger ones do.) but I still love having people to talk to that likes the same thing(s) I do!

I wouldn't associate myself with a fandom, but I do enjoy Steven Universe and Pokemon

- - - Post Merge - - -

I really don't understand complaints against fandoms for the most part. I've been in tons over the years and I've enjoyed the art and music and writing from every one, and have rarely experienced any negatives. I just don't get it. ?\_(ツ)_/?

Although I will say things that the Steven Universe fandom has done to the crew has been pretty crappy. But most other fandoms I'm in and have been in are fine.

I agree. I don't like how The SU fandom treated Lauren Zuke on Twitter over the episode 'Beta' and the controversal Lapidot ship. Especially now that she is leaving the show, or has already left.

Back