• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What is the weirdest thing to happen playing acnl??

I picked up an orange rose, but when I checked my inventory, it had turned into a pink rose.

a glasses wearing duck falling into a pitfall because i totally didn't shove him into it nope

When all of my smug villagers constantly flirt with me. It was funny at first but it gets kind of annoying after awhile

A peppy villager and a normal villager switching to each other's dialogue half way through them talking to each other it was so awkward.

Carmen was all Vesta you need to change you style! Then half way through Vesta was telling Carmen to change her style and Carmen was sad because she liked herself how she was. It was just...so akward.

Last edited:
When I was playing online with some friends, someone was talking to Bob, and when I saw Bob after my friend talked to him, his face was stuck and his mouth was opened...It was kind of awkward, but it stopped when I talked to him but it happened again after one of my friends talked to him. lol it was weird

not a hard glitch to run in to but when i planted my red rose Coco planted a yellow rose in the same spot. it went yellow but when i'd touch it the rose would turn red. when i picked it up and it was just a yellow rose. this also happened with my cedar sapling, i think it was Ruby that planted a cosmo onto it. it would be interesting to have different flower combinations but once you save it goes to normal.

when i first found out about the net glitch me and my friends ran around underground my town and accidentally stepped on all my flowers somehow? even though we were below it? at first we didnt know what the floating petals were but then i realised they were all colors of my flowers on land so when we glitched back up they were all trampled i was mortified. thankfully they let me reset so the flowers were fine but it was just so weird how you can trample things even underneath your town

I wish I had written down the weird things that happened in my town when I first started playing, because I can't remember them.:(

Francine's mouth was opened for 5 minutes once.

someone sent me a box of tissues in the mail
they said they missed me and were thinking of me

excuse me
are these tissues used

I think it was one of my friends tho def not a villager
still weird

Last edited:
I got a box of tissues in the mail, too, shortly after starting my town last year. I gave them away, or sold them. They are in your catalog, but are one of the unorderables. Just got my box for my second town. Keeping this one! Well, for a while, anyway! ;)

Isabelle Amiibo turned against me:
17MtkB4.jpg

Was at the dream suite and it got stuck loading me into a dream on three sheep. D: Wouldn't even dc me so I had to power off but good thing I had saved after one of the dreams before.

Back