Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
So I've had Shari in town for about a week already, and I haven't had any luck at all in befriending her. She gets annoyed after I've just talked to her 2 or 3 times. Maple, who moved in just 3 days ago, is already a close friend and pings me often. I've been trying to do the diving trick because I only need 2 more PWPs, and they come from uchis. Shari refuses to ping me though, even when I've isolated her. So is it actually just harder to befriend this personality type or...?

there may be some programmed difference which i expect there is

but to boost friendship a little quicker, spam talk to shari until she gets annoyed, save + quit, come back to talk and repeat

there may be some programmed difference which i expect there is

but to boost friendship a little quicker, spam talk to shari until she gets annoyed, save + quit, come back to talk and repeat

Doesn't annoying a villager lower friendship though?

Doesn't annoying a villager lower friendship though?

annoying once is less of a decrease in friendship than the boosted friendship talking generates, especially if tasks or buying of furniture etc is involved

I've heard quite the opposite, actually!

Animal Crossing Wiki: "It is easy to get their picture since developing friendships with uchi villagers is simple due to their caring and protective nature."

If this statement is supported by any facts or not is beyond me, though. But, I can provide my own input. After taking a break and ignoring Sylvia for months, she quickly became a close friend. I actually was surprised by how fast I was able to befriend her.

It sounds like you're going through an unlucky patch with Shari, which sucks. I recommend sending her letters with out-of-town perfect fruit, if you can get your hands on some.

I've heard quite the opposite, actually!

Animal Crossing Wiki: "It is easy to get their picture since developing friendships with uchi villagers is simple due to their caring and protective nature."

If this statement is supported by any facts or not is beyond me, though. But, I can provide my own input. After taking a break and ignoring Sylvia for months, she quickly became a close friend. I actually was surprised by how fast I was able to befriend her.

It sounds like you're going through an unlucky patch with Shari, which sucks. I recommend sending her letters with out-of-town perfect fruit, if you can get your hands on some.

Oh, great idea about sending letters with gifts. I always forget you can do that to increase friendship as well! Thanks :)

I don't know about uchis, but in my experience cranky villagers have been extremely difficult to max my friendship with, so I'm guessing certain villager personalities must be harder to befriend than others. I'm pretty sure her pinging you rarely is just coincidence though.

This is the first time I read this, I've never had problems with befriending Mira. Only Cyrano was a bit rude at the begging but don't remember having problems with him either.

I just looked up which villagers are uchi, and I have Cherry and Flo, one in each of my towns. They were both amongst the very first villagers I was able to "befriend". Cherry was remarkably quick to become friendly then friends - by far the fastest one I've had.

Sounds like you're just having an unlucky run. I agree with the suggestion to send mail with presents. I personally have never sent *good* gifts except for the occasional birthday (which only happens when I remember to look up their preferences). Sea shells, unwanted normal flowers, and random basic clothing/accessories/furniture are the only gifts I've ever sent. I do send a letter + gift daily for at least a few weeks when they first move in, and that seems to work well.

Last edited:
I haven't any notice difference. If anything, Uchi's one of the most convenient to farm pwp requests with since they go to bed late (like 3 to 4 am). Less chance to get accidental pings from other villagers aside from cranky. Doesn't matter if you have high friendship or not. I completed their requests in both of my towns pretty early.

The Uchi villagers seem to be the easiest to befriend for me. :eek:
Phoebe is usually the first to give me her pic. :eek:

I haven't any notice difference. If anything, Uchi's one of the most convenient to farm pwp requests with since they go to bed late (like 3 to 4 am). Less chance to get accidental pings from other villagers aside from cranky. Doesn't matter if you have high friendship or not. I completed their requests in both of my towns pretty early.

Very weird then, because Shari just will not suggest anything, let alone ping me for anything even. I had no issue with any of the other personalities. It's only Shari that is giving me a hard time :(

Very weird then, because Shari just will not suggest anything, let alone ping me for anything even. I had no issue with any of the other personalities. It's only Shari that is giving me a hard time :(

There's a big chance Shari will ping you if you walk by her after being in the water for 7 to 10 minutes. It's pretty much guaranteed if you just came from loading your game then went straight to the beach (check if she's in the vicinity outside her house first before diving). I remember having a hard time with Claude getting the lazy requests because he used to live in a secluded area where I have to go through three houses in order to reach him, but I got all after a week or two.

Like most others have suggested, I find writing lots of letters to be an effective way to force friendships. I have read somewhere that furniture is highly regarded as a gift, followed by clothes. Apparently fruit, flowers and shells are less valued, although I have no real evidence to support this.

By the way, are Uchis the least common type? Canberra just moved out and I need to replace her, but there's so little to choose from. I know the Uchis don't get a lot of love around here, but they're my favourite personality type. I'll admit that they could all be a little cuter, but they're so lovely!

I don't think so.. I remember getting Tammy at a giveaway solely for farming pwps and we were buddies in no time!

There's a big chance Shari will ping you if you walk by her after being in the water for 7 to 10 minutes. It's pretty much guaranteed if you just came from loading your game then went straight to the beach (check if she's in the vicinity outside her house first before diving). I remember having a hard time with Claude getting the lazy requests because he used to live in a secluded area where I have to go through three houses in order to reach him, but I got all after a week or two.

I have been trapping her close to the ramp of the beach and doing the diving trick. She is the first one I walk by and she never pings me. Today was the third day that I have tried this with no success. It has worked on everyone but her.

I've had Hazel in my town for months, and she's tough to befriend. I just don't know where I'm at with her, lol. I've gotten 3 pictures so far from my snooty, lazy and jock villagers. I guess I'll have to keep trying.

Back