• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

is this game worth it?

If they like decorating than yes. If they're expecting it to be like regular AC games, they'll be disappointed.

This game has a lot to unlock which keeps it interesting to me. I can tell they put a lot of effort into it and it shows!

It depends on what you're into.

If you come to ACNL looking to build relationships with villagers, customize your town, ect then this game might not be for you.

However, if you really like designing houses then this game will be great because that is all this game is. You work for the HHA and help clients build a decorate their houses, both inside and out. Every game has the same map, and on the map is many, many, different lots from beach to desert that you can make your client live. Every villager has a different room theme, but you can always go back and decorate differently later. There are also shops to decorate like schools and hospitals, ect.

So if that is your thing, and you are fine playing a game with that exclusively and nothing else, then you would probably like this game.

I also find this game great for trying out room ideas and if I liked them I would put them in my ac:nl game.

I love decorating rooms/houses, but the game got kinda boring after a while. It's not as good as ACNL in my opinion. The villagers will always be satisfied so long as you put their required items in their homes.

I enjoyed the game to begin with, but after a while it started becoming a little tedious. AKA boring.

I think it's a nice break from my town every now and then.

Plus, it's fun to customize houses when you have all of the items available to you at the touch of a button.
I found that I was able to bring some ideas into AC:NL after I designed more houses in HHD.

If you're into designing only your own stuff and it'll bother you that you can't it might not be for you (or your friend). But I personally think there is still a lot going for it, if you like the design aspect of the game and the cute art style that AC has :)

I agree with Major, it's a nice break but I personally get bored from HHD to be quite frank.

This is the type of thing I already do primarily with games like The Sims, because I really enjoy the decorating aspect. So if you're into that, or find yourself doing that the most in simulation games, you would probably love it.

personally, i've played through it at least 3 times and i quite enjoyed it. i like designing (in games not irl ofc), and it does bother me sometimes i cant decorate my own house but i still enjoy decorating other peoples houses. if you like designing and having lots of options and varieties to house design then i suggest it.

Boy I kinda forgot this game, despite being digitally in my 3DS lol I remember enjoying this a lot but I quickly ran out of ideas, the best is to unlock all of the lessons as soon as possible to have more possibilities. (duh)

But going online and checking other people's creation is always fun! So even when I didn't felt doing anything sometimes I just log-in to check those.

Last edited:
At this point, I'd say get it used or wait for a really good sale. Got my copy at release and ended up selling it back late last year.

Decorating the town is fun, but doing villager houses over and over again becomes tiring very easily.
I wouldn't get it unless you're very creative with decorating AC houses and love to have a game purely for that.

Now a days I just go on it to get inspiration for houses I want to make in ACNL, but it's a shame we can't use all the designing options in ACNL :< It's pretty fun though. I like to play it while multitasking, like watching a tv show in the background lol.

Not for full price. Get it used or on sale.

The game is more fun if you have the cards to get the villagers you actually want to decorate houses for.

Back