• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Almost 500k in new characters bank...?

StarrySkye3

Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
My Melody Easter Egg
Coco
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
Peach (Fruit)
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Tasty Cake
Mother's Day Carnation
Sakura Easter Egg
I'm not sure why but last night I was plot resetting and once I finally got the villager where I wanted her, I saved my side characters stuff and then went to sleep. This morning I woke up and the game was still on the side character and the mailbox was blinking. I check it just to see what was there, and there was a letter from the post office congratulating me for saving 1000,000 bells. Confused, I go to check exactly how much is in the bank and there's almost 500k. My only guess is that another side character I made and had intended to keep had that much in her bank account and I forgot to empty it out before deleting her. But I didn't think it would just give this character her bank account. Did anyone else know it did this? Haha

I've noticed this happens when you sell your town to Nook. Any new characters of mine start off with a hefty bank balance.

Ah that is interesting! I just got done with another plot reset (ugh I can't wait to be done with this lol) and same thing. I emptied out the last ones account and this one had the same amount in their bank. Sweet! That's a nice little bonus to having to plot reset, making a somewhat quick and easy half million bells. ^.^

Really?
So your alt characters get some of the wealth from Nook?
Seems pretty great! :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

Does the amount decrease each time?
Or is it the same amount every time?

I have done it a few times and it has been the exact same amount each time. I'm plot resetting like crazy right now so I've already made over 2 million haha :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

my new characters start out with 2.7 million

Nice!! How much did you sell your last town for?

Last edited:
I have done it a few times and it has been the exact same amount each time. I'm plot resetting like crazy right now so I've already made over 2 million haha :D
So...you can make infinite bells from this? :eek:
This would be very pleasing.

Wow! That's really interesting that bells made from selling your town carry on to new characters in perpetuatity like that - really makes me consider resetting + selling one of my towns!

Woah, that's cool actually. Too bad I don't plan on resetting my town anytime soon otherwise I'd have infinite bells.

This is awesome and some pretty big news. I'd try it if my town wasn't almost 2 years old already (thus, not reset after the update).

Haha right? I went a little overboard and sold all my IGB for TBT and now I am low on bells. For the most part I actually like having to earn the bells but when I want a PWP complete quickly I can just do that lol.

Whoa strange. I sold my main town and restarted it but I don't remember my alt having any savings in her bank... maybe I wasn't paying attention (I deleted her so I wouldn't know if she did get money :p)

Back