gabuie

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
1511-4631-5144
Poptart Easter Egg
Tasty Cake
i'm trying to spice up my town and i want to hear other people's opinions about my town and maybe things i could improve on. i know my town is a work in progress but i'd like to hear your opinions. (i'm not sure if this would be the correct place to be posting this but here goes nothing!)

ps. i don't time travel or any of that fancy stuff i just let my babies go wild

my dream address: 4D00-0040-1BB8

constructive criticism only and positive feeback is welcome. no rudies!!

Last edited:
I visited your town and, in my opinion, Is going along well! What I would recommend is more public works projects, since it seems kinda barren, and the flower paths are kinda inconsistent, with yellow flowers and around it is red and white ones (but it could just be a flower spawning thing). Also, try to remove the extra, useless flowers when you are finished. I would plant some flowers in a pattern that goes on for a while and not stoping all of a sudden. But, besides those small issues, your town is going good! Sorry if I sound rude too. :) No hard feelings!

Hey no worries! I don't mind receiving advice if anything I want the advice. As long as you're not bashing on my pathing or anything I'm all good! Thanks I'll get rid of any useless flowers. Some areas are spawning areas but I don't really knoe what's the best way to get hybrid flowers. Thank you for your feedback :) ps. I've beeb trying to get pwp but I'm always getting the ones I don't want so I got lay :p

ok so my pointers;

- mix flower breeds as well as colours to get a more dynamic depth of texture
- plot reset villagers to match your path placements better
- use thinner paths directly to villager houses for aesthetics
- use more bushes + trees around buildings to create depth
- use more ground items like shirts, mushrooms, presents + shells to make a better design for small details

gl b

ok so my pointers;

- mix flower breeds as well as colours to get a more dynamic depth of texture
- plot reset villagers to match your path placements better
- use thinner paths directly to villager houses for aesthetics
- use more bushes + trees around buildings to create depth
- use more ground items like shirts, mushrooms, presents + shells to make a better design for small details

gl b

How do I plot reset exactly?

-i like your town
-easy directions
-nice path
-flower placement is going well, though very unfinished. there are random flowers popping up in patterns or they're scattered around. i would continue working on the pink + purple roses, it suits your path a lot
-syrene's house is very plain. i don't really know what advice to give since there's not much
-i like gabby's house a lot, though it feels unfinished. the main room is nice, cosy but not too clustered. i would add more furniture to the rest of your rooms but i reallly like your basement. it's unique
-i like how you added mushrooms around your rock, it fits in with your saplings around the camp
-i love the purple tulips and shoots in front of your train station however i would've added a fountain instead of the tulips, then put the flowers around it. i don't think there's enough space though so either way it looks good
-overall tree placement is perfect, i'd love to see them at their full size and it'll look much better
-plaza is plain. i would try and add something similar to your path and make sure the path connects to it so it looks right. also add presents if you can to make the player's experience more interesting
-perfect peaches are the best
-i actually like how most of your villagers are by the river, i feel like it gives more order
-i would add another shoe sculpture to the bell pwp (i think you're going to do that anyway) otherwise it won't look normal
-i would try and add more clovers and mushrooms to make your town more fascinating, don't put them in random places though because it wouldn't look right in your town in my opinion

thanks for the advice guys! i'm going to update my dream town because certain things i don't have anymore( for example the red boot ). i also haven't updated in about 1 week but my town is going to be up to date so feel free if you're curious to visit my town again or visit if u haven't :)

Last edited:
thanks for the advice guys! i'm going to update my dream town because certain things i don't have anymore( for example the red boot ). i also haven't updated in about 1 week but my town is going to be up to date so feel free if you're curious to visit my town again :)

i'll visit again, i also forgot to mention that your pwp placements are amazing. my favourites are the flower clock and police station

I just got back and I have to say that your town is coming along great! I really love that brick pathway. I used to use one a lot like it and it's so pretty. I did read someone else said your PWP placement is perfect and I definitely agree with that. I love the fact that your villagers are spaced out. Neighborhoods are great, and I do them myself, but having villagers spaced out makes the town feel fuller in all areas. I'm actually working more on separating my villagers now with plot resetting haha. Ok that being said, I worry that if you do move someone out, someone else will move in and plant themselves right on top of your hybrids or bushes. I've had it happen countless times myself! Soo I would either recommend plot resetting or moving your hybrids to the beach before someone else moves in. With the bushes, I recommend putting lots of QR codes around them to protect them from a villager moving on top of them. I like the garden in front of your train station. I might see if you can put a bench or something else that is 2 spaces wide right in the center of it! Or a park clock or something of that nature! That will protect it from a villager too. Then maybe put flowers or a stone pathway with mushrooms/clovers leading up to it? I love the bell with the two flower arches next to it! Soo cute. I would just add some more to that area, like surround it with trees and add more flowers to make it a little more full. You definitely have a knack for making cute gardens throughout your town. I loved the tulips with the rock custom sign that you made. Very unique. It looks like you are well on your way even without time traveling. For inspiration I would check out tumblr (I've found lots of cute pictures on the animal crossing inspiration board) or the dream address sticky thread here and find some ideas you can use in your town! I hope this helps!

Editing to add that trees surrounding the plaza and the train station/garden would be a nice touch too. :p

Last edited:
I just got back and I have to say that your town is coming along great! I really love that brick pathway. I used to use one a lot like it and it's so pretty. I did read someone else said your PWP placement is perfect and I definitely agree with that. I love the fact that your villagers are spaced out. Neighborhoods are great, and I do them myself, but having villagers spaced out makes the town feel fuller in all areas. I'm actually working more on separating my villagers now with plot resetting haha. Ok that being said, I worry that if you do move someone out, someone else will move in and plant themselves right on top of your hybrids or bushes. I've had it happen countless times myself! Soo I would either recommend plot resetting or moving your hybrids to the beach before someone else moves in. With the bushes, I recommend putting lots of QR codes around them to protect them from a villager moving on top of them. I like the garden in front of your train station. I might see if you can put a bench or something else that is 2 spaces wide right in the center of it! Or a park clock or something of that nature! That will protect it from a villager too. Then maybe put flowers or a stone pathway with mushrooms/clovers leading up to it? I love the bell with the two flower arches next to it! Soo cute. I would just add some more to that area, like surround it with trees and add more flowers to make it a little more full. You definitely have a knack for making cute gardens throughout your town. I loved the tulips with the rock custom sign that you made. Very unique. It looks like you are well on your way even without time traveling. For inspiration I would check out tumblr (I've found lots of cute pictures on the animal crossing inspiration board) or the dream address sticky thread here and find some ideas you can use in your town! I hope this helps!

Editing to add that trees surrounding the plaza and the train station/garden would be a nice touch too. :p

Thanks! This was really helpful and I'm glad you enjoyed my town! Someone else told me about plot resetting but the guide imo wasn't really helpful and was really vague... I think I'm going to browse around tumblr now :p I'm trying to add more pwp but i haven't been getting the ones i want lol anyways i really appreciate your advice and thank you again. I'd love to see your town!! I'll be waiting for your dream address to come out :)

Thanks! This was really helpful and I'm glad you enjoyed my town! Someone else told me about plot resetting but the guide imo wasn't really helpful and was really vague... I think I'm going to browse around tumblr now :p I'm trying to add more pwp but i haven't been getting the ones i want lol anyways i really appreciate your advice and thank you again. I'd love to see your town!! I'll be waiting for your dream address to come out :)

It won't be too long before I am ready to put my town out in dream world haha :) I'm glad to help! Plot resetting is basically this... if you expect that a villager will be moving move in on a specific day (like if you asked someone from your campsite, or scanned an amiibo, whatever) then instead of logging on as your mayor you create a new save file. You go an you find that villagers spot (just the ropes and sign that says who's moving in). If it is in a bad spot, don't save it. Just go back to your home screen on the DS. Keep repeating this until the villager is plotted in a spot that you like. Once they are in a good spot, make sure you save the character that you created. Then you can delete that new character after all is saved. That is plot resetting!! Hopefully that makes sense. It can be incredibly time consuming but worth it if you've spent a lot of time creating hybrids, planting trees and bushes, etc. :)

Back