• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

what's your favourite anime?

haikyuu!! is my fave!! then free! and yuri!!! on ice :) death note is pretty great and sword art was really good too aha

I really enjoyed Death Note, Bleach, and Psycho Pass. There's several others that I enjoyed as well, but these stand out as the best in my memory.

Attack on Titan and Blue Exorcist. DMMD is pretty okay as well, even though I haven't caught up/finished it.

FLCL, followed closely by Cowboy Bebop and Bleach. Never liked all the schoolgirl-type anime or a lot of modern anime that's out right now. Miyazaki said it best himself that it's just pandering to the Weeaboo crowd, effectively controlling and reducing the chance of having a decent, quality story.

FLCL, followed closely by Cowboy Bebop and Bleach. Never liked all the schoolgirl-type anime or a lot of modern anime that's out right now. Miyazaki said it best himself that it's just pandering to the Weeaboo crowd, effectively controlling and reducing the chance of having a decent, quality story.

I couldn't agree more. I can't stand any anime that pander to the weeaboo/otaku crowd which is why if the anime is ecchi or moeblob, I avoid it like a disease. As far as I'm concerned, those type of anime don't take talent to create and are usually cheaply animated to boot. Just... no good reason to watch them.

Bungou Stray Dogs is easily my favorite. The characters are soooo good.

Some others I have watched and enjoyed are Sword art online, Parasyte, Orange, Future Diary, Masamune no revenge, FMA brotherhood, and Dragon ball Z.

i havent been watching a lot of anime recently but i like mayoiga, Free (duh), danganronpa, and osomatsu-san

You know what I think I might rearrange my statement...For all I care Bleach may have just become my favorite Anime knowing how much it's influenced my life, and all the memories I had with it, from the three times I've watched through it. Watching it along with my ex was always a fun time, and even recently, my little tradition of watching an episode or two every night, just to make it last. The world Kubo made is so vast, and interesting, the characters are great, and his special style of making the fights more character-based and not environment-based was always a nice touch...

God, I'm really conflicted on this now.

Last edited:
Berserk, hands down. I haven't really watched much of the anime (aside from the Golden Age arc movies), but I've read a lot of the manga... and let me tell you, when a manga makes you cry, it's good. It's one emotional sucker punch after another. It's definitely not for everybody (don't read it if you're triggered by rape or body horror - there's not as much of the former as some creeps in the fandom might let on, and fortunately there's less later in the series, but it's still there), but it's such a good read. Guts is probably my favorite anime protag ever.

i'll just give a list I watched thus far,

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Higurashi
Yuri!!! On Ice
Haruhi
Soul Eater
Death Parade
Pokemon
Monster Hunter: Ride On
Hamtaro

I just started One Punch Man

Watamote, probably. It's ridiculous, I love it

bebop is one of my all-time favorites
but i also like inferno cop thats great
and then theres gurren lagann first arc
akira is a good movie

No matter how much time passes and no matter how many animes that I watch over my lifetime, my favorite will always be Fullmetal Alchemist, Brotherhood.

Back