• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Best cold remedies?

made08

Rezzz Rep of Sunshine 😎🌞
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
3703-5164-8227
Tasty Cake
I've had a bit of a sore throat for the past couple of days and now I'm starting to get congested. If it gets worse I'll go to the clinic but I was wondering what everyone's cold remedies are! I take echinacea tablets once I'm starting to feel sick and it usually helps but this time it wasn't enough I guess lol. I've been guzzling green tea every day (because I really can't stand the flavor of chamomile) and drinking lots of water. What do you normally do when you start to feel sick?

I get really pathetic if I get really sick. xD
I basically sleep, drink water (I already drink a ton of it as it is) and live off of lemon and honey throat drops. c: The Ricola ones are good! But right now i carry around Burts Bees Lemon & Honey because I keep getting a tiny sore throat every now and then. So I pop one in and it really helps!
I hope you start feeling better soon ;-;

i take a bunch of zicam tbh and that'll help it not last as long. i drink a lot of water and rest and usually im better within like a few days to a week

My mom drinks apple cider vinegar. She says it tastes like **** but works, kinda like Buckley's lmao.

Sore throat and cold remedies for me include: NeoCitron (spelling might be wrong), hot water with lemon, and gurgling warm water with salt (do not drink, just gurgle and spit). Do not drink milk or have sugary food

I get really pathetic if I get really sick. xD
I basically sleep, drink water (I already drink a ton of it as it is) and live off of lemon and honey throat drops. c: The Ricola ones are good! But right now i carry around Burts Bees Lemon & Honey because I keep getting a tiny sore throat every now and then. So I pop one in and it really helps!
I hope you start feeling better soon ;-;

Oh yeah I have those! But I have the lemon and mint flavor. Thanks for your tip :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

i take a bunch of zicam tbh and that'll help it not last as long. i drink a lot of water and rest and usually im better within like a few days to a week

I've yet to try those but thank u I will lol. I usually take alka seltzer but I think I'm past that point now and I need something more intense lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

My mom drinks apple cider vinegar. She says it tastes like **** but works, kinda like Buckley's lmao.

Omg I've heard of that before....does she just like take a shot of it?

- - - Post Merge - - -

blackcurrant, honey and oranges

I've never tried that! Thanks! I love me some honey n oranges though

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sore throat and cold remedies for me include: NeoCitron (spelling might be wrong), hot water with lemon, and gurgling warm water with salt (do not drink, just gurgle and spit). Do not drink milk or have sugary food

Thanks for the advice! I'll try the saltwater thing tonight when I get home.

By far? Ginger, lemon, honey tea. Add a little bit of cayenne pepper in too. It'll kick your cold out so fast you'd be surprised you were sick at all.

I drink ACV when I'm sick too. It was my lifesaver in college. ACV even helped when I got food poisoning. Warm up some hot water, put a cap full of ACV and mix with honey or lemon. You can drink it straight too (like a tea spoon) but for those who don't like the taste it's better to dilute it :p I personally love it though. Sometimes I pour some ACV in sparkly water... basically tastes like kombucha :'D Gargling it helps too when your throat feels scratchy.

oh yeah and feel better soon! <3

Last edited:
WVW69kHVlx40iq4JAi

Sorry not sorry...

Last edited:
She waters it down with water cause of the strong taste. Apparently it helps her throat. I haven't tried it though so I can't confirm.

I know for a fact that having a teaspoon of honey helps coat your throat to calm it down for a little bit. It's only temporary but when your throat kills you'd do anything for even half an hour of relief. XP

apple cider vinegar and tons of garlic, thyme also helps

Last edited:
Dark chocolate is good for your lungs. It tastes nice, too.

Also lemon tea, lemon lozenges, orange juice, just anything citrus really helps too. A little life hack; pinching your nose helps to clear your sinuses when you've got a blocked nose.

By far? Ginger, lemon, honey tea. Add a little bit of cayenne pepper in too. It'll kick your cold out so fast you'd be surprised you were sick at all.

I'll definitely try that, thank you!

I drink ACV when I'm sick too. It was my lifesaver in college. ACV even helped when I got food poisoning. Warm up some hot water, put a cap full of ACV and mix with honey or lemon. You can drink it straight too (like a tea spoon) but for those who don't like the taste it's better to dilute it :p I personally love it though. Sometimes I pour some ACV in sparkly water... basically tastes like kombucha :'D Gargling it helps too when your throat feels scratchy.

oh yeah and feel better soon! <3

Thank you I am definitely going to try that!! <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

WVW69kHVlx40iq4JAi

Sorry not sorry...

Lol well I've got hard candies but I'm a vegetarian so I guess I'll have to think of something else.

- - - Post Merge - - -

She waters it down with water cause of the strong taste. Apparently it helps her throat. I haven't tried it though so I can't confirm.

I know for a fact that having a teaspoon of honey helps coat your throat to calm it down for a little bit. It's only temporary but when your throat kills you'd do anything for even half an hour of relief. XP

Oh yes I've certainly done the spoonful of honey before. I'll try the ACV though :)

apple cider vinegar and tons of garlic, thyme also helps

Oh yeah I heard garlic helps. My dad said that his dad used to eat a raw onion and garlic sandwich when he was sick. Absolutely disgusting but apparently it worked like a charm. I'm not sure if I have the stomach for it though lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Dark chocolate is good for your lungs. It tastes nice, too.

Also lemon tea, lemon lozenges, orange juice, just anything citrus really helps too. A little life hack; pinching your nose helps to clear your sinuses when you've got a blocked nose.

Ooh, dark chocolate? I didn't know that could help with a cold. I'll take any excuse to eat some though! And thanks for the tip! Lucky for me half my diet is already citrus foods lol. I had a grapefruit for breakfast and 2 clementines today.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I heard laughter is pretty good but if you ask for it at CVS they look at you like your a moron

If only that joke was funny enough to make me laugh.

KIDDING it was cute hehe

When I have a cold, I drink lots of tea with honey and lemon. I also like to put chili powder and garlic in chicken broth... between the heat and the spices, it really works wonders.

As an adult, I don't really do much of anything. I just let myself feel miserable because I apparently hate myself that much?? However, as a kid, my grandma would make me chicken noodle soup and have me drink Sprite or 7-Up. The warmth and something about the soda helped me feel a lot better a lot faster. I couldn't really take the liquid medicine because it would trigger my gag reflex (seriously though, who actually enjoys that stuff??), so soup and Sprite it was.

My fiance enjoys tea with honey when he has a sore throat. It helps soothe it and everything. c:

Back