• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Best cold remedies?

.Try hot baths or showers to help clear your nose!
.Drinks lots of water too.
.Get lots of sleep and sleep consistently.
.Take meds.
.Don't work your body too hard.
.SOUP.

As soon as I start feeling signs of sickness coming, I drink a couple cups of this cold & flu time tea that I bought from the local oriental store. It usually helps. But mostly I try to sleep and drink lots of fluids. And showers are pretty fantastic too. (Though none of that is much different from usual besides the particular tea.)

I really don't like unnatural medicines, so I only take them if I am being miserable and whiny and somebody gives it to me.

Last edited:
raw garlic has worked for me on several occasions to nip a cold that's starting. i chop it up then let it sit for about 10 minutes then swallow a spoonful with honey - take this 3 times a day. you can also put it on some toast with butter and chopped parsley - it taste pretty good, you really need the parsley or your mouth will just taste like garlic for days

if you have congestion, try a neti pot (look it up on youtube) looks weird af but it helps

Hot tea with honey and lemon, always helps my throat and clears up my congestion.

Also if you're over 21 you can always mix hot water, bourbon, honey and lemon and it's really the kick in the pants any cold needs. Best medicine hands down.

Back