• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villager Discussion: Monique

Buster Bunny

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
vqEtgdp.png

Monique may not be one of the most loved snooty villager or even the prettiest of them, depending of one's opinion, however she was a starter in my 2nd Wild World town.

She also appeared in my town in City Folk as an starter and showed up in my third Wild World town as well.
I also saw her in Animal Forest, though the game started to crash a lot.

So, I decided to bring her to Joyville where most of the villagers from my 2nd Wild World town are living.

I had her in my first town, she wasn't my favorite, but I did appreciate her to an extent. Personally, I don't enjoy snooty villagers very much, so that kind of threw me off. She's pretty ugly but ya know once you get attached to a villager it's hard to let go.

She is gorgeous. Very nearly had her but ran out of room and I have my snooty cat Ankha anyway. I don't get the choice to put her in that shirt though. Something more Marilyn like white or red...

Last edited:
I like her, was planning on putting her in my town for a little bit when I receive her card. But I'll probably keep Francine in my town as the snooty once I get all those PWPS I want.

Last edited:
She was one of my starters in Sapphire. And while she was alright, I wasn't planning to keep her and eventually let her go in favor of Kitty. I remember Monique mentioning that she was older than one of my cranky villagers, and I just couldn't help but start thinking of her as an old lady. I know she's based off of Marilyn Monroe, but I just see her as a granny. xD

Not a fan of villagers that looks like almost human or something (except for Chrissy and Francine) but I could see why some people like their design :)

I honestly like her design! I think it fits her and is unique :)

tbh I loved her back in wild world and beginner new leaf days, I used to think she was real pretty but ever since I joined the forums and started watching animal crossing videos on youtube, my opinion of her has changed and when I got her in my town I thought she was gross.

I don't find her ugly, although she isn't pretty. She just really suits the snooty personality. She's like the middle aged woman who wears too much makeup and is in denial about getting old, tries to dress young and acts like a snob. ^_^ In that sense, I really like her, but I don't want her in my town.

For me Monique just looks like Marilyn Monroe and I personally don't really like Marilyn, so that's a point why I don't like Monique's appearance. I have a naturally town so I like it, when my villagers look natural. Ehm yeah, Monique doesn't look that naturally.
A friend of mine had her in his town and she wore a yellow dress. With her hair color and her gold tail that looked fantastic!

Monique doesn't seem bad at all to me.
Would prefer Ankha and Olivia more, but Monique is still pretty great. :)

I've got her in different games and towns and since Joyville would mean to reproduct my old Wild World town it felt a great idea to bring her back.

Monique almost looks vintage to me. I'm not sure what time period exactly, maybe 1920-1950? She'd be a great fit for an old-timey town like that. Like Animal Crossing: Noir or something.

we are connected by our moles :cool: jkjk shes cool tho lol she reminds me of marilyn monroe

vqEtgdp.png

Monique may not be one of the most loved snooty villager or even the prettiest of them, depending of one's opinion, however she was a starter in my 2nd Wild World town.

She also appeared in my town in City Folk as an starter and showed up in my third Wild World town as well.
I also saw her in Animal Forest, though the game started to crash a lot.

So, I decided to bring her to Joyville where most of the villagers from my 2nd Wild World town are living.
I know it’s been a few years since you posted this, but I’m trying to find everything I can about Monique. Her music in her house is blocked by furniture so I can’t tell what it is. It definitely Hass to be something hard to find. Every time she switches up her house. Her record player is always blocked with furniture.

Back