YouTube Block LGBT+ Content with New "Restricted Mode" Feature

I would never have chosen to be gay if I had known I was going to be persecuted by people like that. Told that what I am is a disease, and that it is wrong for me to feel and give love because a magic man in the sky is going to burn me for it. People with that philosophy deserve to have the tables turned on them and see how they like it. I don't need a cure and I certainly don't need "friends" who tell me that my "decision" is "sinful".

If I had a choice of being straight and being bisexual, knowing what I do now, I would've picked to be straight. Not only does the LGBT community not even accept me, but I am constantly called a cheater and that I'm not truly LGBT. People are scared to stay with me because they automatically think I'll cheat on them with someone of the opposite sex as they are. But alas, I did not have a say in what I am and what I am not in this world.

Honestly, I don't care if you believe me or not. I don't even know what I said was wrong. I said I'm okay with their choices. There is a lot of negative responses, but that's to be expected.

Everything you said is wrong and, if you have LGBT friends on this forum or anywhere else, I'm certain they would be disgusted with what you've written in this thread.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You all need to take a chill pill, like seriously. I'm done here. It's clear rational conversation is going nowhere.

Sorry pal, you've already drawn the victim card too many times. Draw another one.

ac3.jpg

You all need to take a chill pill, like seriously. I'm done here. It's clear rational conversation is going nowhere.

Whether you realize it or not, what you're saying is hateful. You should have known that coming on here and saying what you did would have elicited a response. That was your choice. You chose to come onto a public forum and speak your hateful words.

If I had a choice of being straight and being bisexual, knowing what I do now, I would've picked to be straight. Not only does the LGBT community not even accept me, but I am constantly called a cheater and that I'm not truly LGBT. People are scared to stay with me because they automatically think I'll cheat on them with someone of the opposite sex as they are. But alas, I did not have a say in what I am and what I am not in this world.

Tell me about it, I'm pansexual and polygamous and people always think it is fine to call it cheating and that they "COULD NEVER" handle their significant other doing that much less with someone of a different sex. Like ok, it isn't for you then, pal.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm pretty sure we are all chill, you are one I have seen flinging insults like "SJW" and constantly insulting our LGBTQ+ members with saying they choose to be different.

Tell me about it, I'm pansexual and polygamous and people always think it is fine to call it cheating and that they "COULD NEVER" handle their significant other doing that much less with someone of a different sex. Like ok, it isn't for you then, pal.

It's a different discussion but I always find it strange that a community that flaunts love and support always tries to disown people who choose to be in hetero relationships. Only when I'm with a girl am I a 'true member of the LGBT community". It hurts. Not to mention these bloody Christians always trying to "cure me". The only thing I've been cursed with is being a narcissist, an extreme failure and a disappointment to everybody who loves me too cool :cool:.

- - - Post Merge - - -

why would you walk onto a battlefield just to shoot somebody and run?

Isn't that a double standard trying to force us to accept what the LGBT+ feel is right when we feel it is wrong? I don't hate anyone that's part of the LGBT+ because I don't agree it. Christianity isn't about shunning or treating a group differently. We're supposed to love everyone. That doesn't mean I'm going to accept your beliefs. Anyways, wasn't the filter removed? It's time to move on people. Can't complain about something forever.

Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about here.

Having different beliefs doesn't give you the right to abuse people. You don't have to come to our pride parades and wear out colors, just treat us like human beings. It's not even hard.

Link 1

I'm mostly neutral about LGBT people, I don't mind their life style as long one doesn't go wanting to flirt with me.

However, I cannot accept the attitude of an heterophobe who is angry just because I don't like LGBT shipping, read mangas or watch videos featuring LGBT people.

After all heterophobes double themselves as homophobes and are not worth of anyone's time.

Nobody should be ever blamed for not wanting to watch these videos.

a. How is a LGBT person flirting with you any different than a cis+het doing so?

b. Heterophobia doesn't exist. :lemon:

c. Nobody's being blamed for not wanting to watch LGBT videos. You don't want to watch videos because they're LGBT? Fine. You do you, pal. Nobody's being forced to watch these videos Clockwork Orange style. People are upset because they're being blocked from kids for no good reason.

People that are doing what you say they are and claim to be Christians are not following Jesus's words. You guys have to please understand that. I have gay friends, trans friends, bi friends. I don't persecute them for their decision. It's theirs, not mine. I just don't want to be forced to accept it as God's intention and that it's a "normal" thing. You can call me a bigot, a hater, oppressor, I don't really care. That's not what I am though. I just want to see people be saved like any other Christian should. Whether you believe in a Heaven or not, it's what we believe in. I'm not going to force you to accept my beliefs either. Someone has to be open and willing to accept God's word.

You do realize that forcing LGBT people to convert into your perfect straight cis people has literally caused hundreds of people to fall into depression and kill themselves, right? Being LGBT is. Not. A. Choice. You say you're not a hater, but you're basically telling us that we deserve to rot down below just for existing the the way we are. How is that not hateful?

Again, conversion therapy doesn't work. All it does is cause LGBT people to kill themselves.

Ah yes, how dare people get angry at being told that they're options are being forced into spiraling depression trying to pretend to be straight/cis or burn in heck. You tell them!

Also, it bugs me when people argue "I would choose to be straight if I could." because honestly? As an LGBT person, I'd never choose to be different. Self love shouldn't be a bad thing!

Last edited:
Also, it bugs me when people argue "I would choose to be straight if I could." because honestly? As an LGBT person, I'd never choose to be different. Self love shouldn't be a bad thing!

The thing is, some LGBT+ people would rather be straight and cisgender rather than who they really are simply because of the hate they face every day. Not to mention the fear of living with who they are, or having to do so in secret. Self-love is definitely a good thing, but it's hard to love yourself when you feel like the world is against you, you know?

I'm not sure if this is exactly what the people above are feeling, but these are my thoughts on the matter.

But we also get so much **** just for existing and but through conversion therapy that sometimes we think we'd have had a better life being born straight/cis.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You do realize that forcing LGBT people to convert into your perfect straight cis people has literally caused hundreds of people to fall into depression and kill themselves, right? Being LGBT is. Not. A. Choice. You say you're not a hater, but you're basically telling us that we deserve to rot down below just for existing the the way we are. How is that not hateful?
Again, conversion therapy doesn't work. All it does is cause LGBT people to kill themselves.

Conversion therapy made me want to die. Imo people who provide conversion therapy services should be charged with murder.

Last edited:
I have gay friends, trans friends, bi friends. I don't persecute them for their decision.

I know plenty of people have already called you out on this, but why in the **** would anyone *choose* to be looked down upon, oppressed, and potentially even harmed, if not outright killed? Do you even *think* about what you say?

"today I think I'll make life harder for myself, because that sounds like a great idea", said literally nobody

Last edited:
The thing is, some LGBT+ people would rather be straight and cisgender rather than who they really are simply because of the hate they face every day. Not to mention the fear of living with who they are, or having to do so in secret. Self-love is definitely a good thing, but it's hard to love yourself when you feel like the world is against you, you know?

I'm not sure if this is exactly what the people above are feeling, but these are my thoughts on the matter.

i feel like .. idk. i would never want to be cis because thats not just who i am?? but if i got to choose vetween being trans and cis i would choose cis because of the discrimination. i think really most people who want to be cis or het want it because of the discrimination and fear and stuff. for lgbtq ppl it is a political statement to just exist and you always have to be afraid of cishets who want to hurt you.
like, if cishets werent like this we wouldnt have to wish to be someone we are not.

You hit the nail on the head there.

I can't speak for everybody, but in my experiences I have felt like I am alienesque, like I don't belong on this planet. I got to a point where I genuinely believed I deserved to be dead, that I am a sinner, that I would have been better of born being straight, because enough people had told me so enough to make me believe that it was a fact.

I know plenty of people have already called you out on this, but why in the **** would anyone *choose* to be looked down upon, oppressed, and potentially even harmed, if not outright killed? Do you even *think* about what you say?

"today I think I'll make life harder for myself because that sounds like a great idea", said literally nobody

well u know these Tumblrinas just want to be oppressed so they can complain lololololol :')

- - - Post Merge - - -

Honestly, I've said all I really needed to say. I don't expect everyone to be on the same page I am. I don't really want to go deeper on this at the risk of igniting flames. All I can say is that I'm sorry if Christians have made you feel that way. That's not what Jesus taught us to do. I don't know what that's like and I'm not going to pretend I do. It's a difficult world we live in.

u are making the world more difficult :')

- - - Post Merge - - -

bc people being upset about discrimination is So Unchill ....

But we also get so much **** just for existing and but through conversion therapy that sometimes we think we'd have had a better life being born straight/cis.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Conversion therapy made me want to die. Imo people who provide conversion therapy services should be charged with murder.

I think I'll edit that because I didn't word it as well as a could have! What I meant was I don't want people to think that it's only okay to be LGBT if they're hating being LGBT and treat it like a character flaw. I want being LGBT to be something that's embraced!

Sorry if it came off like I was shaming people with internalized homophobia, I swear I'm terrible at articulating my own thoughts sometimes!

I think I'll edit that because I didn't word it as well as a could have! What I meant was I don't want people to think that it's only okay to be LGBT if they're hating being LGBT and treat it like a character flaw. I want being LGBT to be something that's embraced!

Sorry if it came off like I was shaming people with internalized homophobia, I swear I'm terrible at articulating my own thoughts sometimes!

It's okay, don't worry about it. A lot of people who are gay or trans experience internalised homo/transphobia, mainly because our existence is often unjustified by straight/cis people, as well as Christians and what some mythical man in the sky told some crazy bloke that wrote a book about it.

Honestly, this isn't something that shouldn't be overlooked. It's quite disgusting that Youtube finds it acceptable to barr LGBT friendly channels to restricted mode, considering the kind of platform it is and how publically viewed it is.

Surely, knowing what kind of platform Youtube is and their broad audience, shouldn't they be encouraging the LGBT community? Shouldn't younger generations be aware that it's okay to be different and be themselves? We should be embracing it and accepting it, not rejecting the community.

I can't express how much this angers me. This is taking a whole step back rather than progressing.

We're closing this thread down temporarily to give people a bit of a breather. While none of the posts here are too bad as of yet, some of you are choosing to talk down to and/or patronize one another rather than speak rationally and factually to get your point(s) across.

People are going to disagree. It's a part of life. Just keep in mind that if you want to debate or disagree with people here, you have to do it in a respectful manner, even if you see something that upsets you. People are allowed to share their opinions as long they're doing it in a way that doesn't break the rules, and likewise, any replies must also be within the rules and guidelines.

Keep the above in mind if you want to continue discussing this, or this thread will be permanently closed and warnings will be handed out to those who can't keep their temper under control or refrain from being rude to others.

It's okay, don't worry about it. A lot of people who are gay or trans experience internalised homo/transphobia, mainly because our existence is often unjustified by straight/cis people, as well as Christians and what some mythical man in the sky told some crazy bloke that wrote a book about it.

speak for yourself pls

Back