• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Could these be signs that my game is going to corrupt?

MelbaBear

marnie of pomelo bay
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8411-4279-3514
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Pear (Fruit)
I've only had the game for around 3 months and it wasn't second hand, but lately i've been noticing little things like the villagers dialogue sometimes pauses for a second, literally a milisecond but it's a little worrying. The screen also freezes for a second when I read the premium board outside retail, and everything just seems to be taking longer to load in general, and a few other little things as well, but I won't list them all. I've never turned off my 3ds whilst it was saving, and I don't reset all that often, but I'm a little scared that these are all little warnings that my game is going to corrupt soon.

What do you guys think? Am I just being silly?

As your town grows, the game will slow down. The Re-Tail board pause also bothers me, lol.

You'll probably notice your game no longer manages to stay at 30fps, although framerate drops were more noticeable in Wild World.

If there were any corruptions, the game would notice and your town would be gone.

As your town grows, the game will slow down. The Re-Tail board pause also bothers me, lol.

You'll probably notice your game no longer manages to stay at 30fps, although framerate drops were more noticeable in Wild World.

If there were any corruptions, the game would notice and your town would be gone.

Ooh, that's a relief. Thank you! Ah, I understand now. That's so scary!

when i first played i was confused of why my town ran a bit slower after a while, but it seems the optimisation of how the data is saved is very poor, slowing everything down :c

when i first played i was confused of why my town ran a bit slower after a while, but it seems the optimisation of how the data is saved is very poor, slowing everything down :c

Oh thank you or explaining! That's a shame :( but at least it's better than a game corruption!

Interesting. I've never noticed this at all and I've made multiple fully developed towns over the years as well as well as having a full SD card of screenshots (now I've deleted). Does the number of downloaded games on your 3ds also slow it down in general? What do you mean exactly when you say "as your town grows"? :eek: The only 3ds I own is a refurbished one and while I've thought about getting a new one, surprisingly it's never caused me problems all these years.

Interesting. I've never noticed this at all and I've made multiple fully developed towns over the years as well as well as having a full SD card of screenshots (now I've deleted). Does the number of downloaded games on your 3ds also slow it down in general? What do you mean exactly when you say "as your town grows"? :eek: The only 3ds I own is a refurbished one and while I've thought about getting a new one, surprisingly it's never caused me problems all these years.

I haven't encountered this either except my 3DS's loading time when you first load a game, but that's for any game.

Those things are normal. I just noticed that they're just more emphasized if you're using a regular 3DS/XL but they still happen even on the new 3DS :)

am I the only one that isn't experiencing town problems even tho my town is hella packed .__.
now I'm a little concerned LMAO

I'm using a physical copy, so can't say much for the downloadable version.

"as your town grows" = lots of houses, PWPs, flowers, trees, designs etc.

Some people just aren't sensititve to frame drops and there will be a lot of factors in the game's performance. It's also possible you're using a New 3DS and there's some difference there, but, unless the Welcome Amiibo update did anything, I doubt ACNL would run in "New 3DS mode" without the aid of homebrew, taking advantage of the extra power.

I do have an old second hand DS, and my SD card is full of pictures, maybe that's why. I was just a little worried

when i went on my inventory, my game locked for around 20-30 seconds. it's good to know that i don't have to be concerned with it

am I the only one that isn't experiencing town problems even tho my town is hella packed .__.
now I'm a little concerned LMAO

Nah. Fairly sure that's a good thing since it means your data is saving properly. I've never experienced anything like this either and have had no problems with corruption.

Those things are normal. I just noticed that they're just more emphasized if you're using a regular 3DS/XL but they still happen even on the new 3DS :)

Thank you, that's relieving to hear. My DS is pretty old!

Thank you, that's relieving to hear. My DS is pretty old!

Welcome :) My girlfriend has one of her towns on a regular pink 3DS. It's pretty developed and almost done. Sometimes when I control it, I notice framerate drops and bit of slowdown/delay when walking but it doesn't bother me.

Back