• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Strangest request?

skidoot

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I've just started, so I've only had about a handful of designs so far. Most of them were normal ("I want room in black and white" etc) but the most recent one I found a little weird: I want a themed hotel.
A hotel with only one small room? Not even a lobby, lol. He just wanted a room with a bunch of Greek/Roman decorations, fountains and statues. I mean Nintendo had to come up with a ton of different requests to fill up the game so I can understand that some of them are a little more unrealistic than others. What's the strangest home you've designed in the game?

I wonder if the designer had just gotten back from a trip to Las Vegas, as that seems to describe Caesar's Palace. The strangest request I have seen is for a "empty lot". The animal said it reminded them of their childhood, which sounds a little weird.

Biff... buddy... why do you wanna be turned into an alien cyborg... o.o; Cyrano and Egbert's number houses were pretty strange too XD

Francine's request is kind of weird out of context. It makes sense why she wants a home based around Chrissy because they're sisters, but having a shrine around her sounds kind of creepy. lol

Joey's request for a spa to drink milk in was super weird, the thought of being all sweaty in a sauna drinking milk reminded me of the McPoyles from Always Sunny

broffina wanted a home that "screams that I live in a bus station"

Last edited:
This game is pre-installed on my 3DS ('cause I have a special version of it). Should really take the time to play it.

Joey's request for a spa to drink milk in was super weird, the thought of being all sweaty in a sauna drinking milk reminded me of the McPoyles from Always Sunny

I can probably shine a little light on that one. In Japan, it's become fairly common practice to chug a serving of milk after using a public bath house (this is generally done in the changing room, after leaving the actual bathing area). Not exactly universal, but common enough to be a well-used trope scene in anime and manga. My personal favorite was always strawberry milk.

As for me... I haven't actually had any super weird requests yet. Probably the closest has been the Mushroom Mansion, but there's an entire furniture series based on that, so it's not that weird. Hopefully I find a really crazy one soon!

Apollo wants a room that celebrates tallness, or Deli wants a room full of curry, Cyrano wants a room with odd numbers, Poppy wanted a room for her pets or Henry wanted a A contemplative train trip. Kinda weird that villagers.

tangy wants a fruity room, which is only weird if you think about her sentience
does she know shes an orange? idk its weird to me. imagine drinking a glass of your own fluids. creepy

I'm envious of these requests. I haven't heard any requests so specific or niche yet, haha.
The requests I've gotten have all been really cute though. My favorite so far was a Hat shop request ~

Some of them don't really make any sense. Like, why does Dizzy want a dentist's office? LOL

does she know shes an orange? idk its weird to me. imagine drinking a glass of your own fluids. creepy
I love tangy and I made a amazing home for her but...That's disturbing.
Renee wants a empty lot a cute little froglette want a missty environment

- - - Post Merge - - -

I love tangy and I made a amazing home for her but...That's disturbing.
Renee wants a empty lot a cute little froglette want a missty environment

Back