• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Let's criticize each other's dream addresses

XenonKnight56

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I'll criticize yours and you're welcome to criticize mine
Mostly decorating abilities
Rules:

don't post your town unless YOU'RE actually confident in it. YOU have to be confident in it! I don't want to see towns nowhere close to completion!

Be honest. For example explain why you think my town is ONLY nice, good, pretty. I don't care if you explain Gorgeous, Amazing, ext. because I'll assume that you see no issues and you're impressed.

Please avoid the insides and exterior of my houses. I've focused all my effort on the landscaping up until now...
Except I MADE A CLASSROOM in my mayor's house
but I haven't customized the furniture yet XD, tell me what you think!

Also, avoid talking about that spot in front of the picnic blanket, I'm working on it

I strongly believe people make mistakes that everyone can agree on
like, I strongly believe nobody should put diagonal paths around cliffs and rivers. Mostly things that are forced without considering whether it looks nice, such as: ignoring bush/tree restrictions, pretending a rock isn't there, pretending patterns on cliffs are nice. If you think I made a mistake that isn't just a preference, please tell me and I'll tell you in return.

Don't talk about irrelevant details. I believe I really know how to decorate and identify mistakes so don't criticize me on cockiness, maturity or whatever!!

I'm going to put an effort into being supportive and nurturing
Just really try to make sure I don't think you're picking a fight

Don't talk down on my town unless you post yours

I might be forgetting something lol

DA: 5D00-003C-B4A0

This thread is about decorating!! I don't want to be marked on imagination, themes, maps, whatever. And please don't post your dream address if all you can provide is an intresting theme, story, or whatever. I WANT TO SEE SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL XD

If any part of this seems rude... please tell me, I barely reviewed it. Also, say something if there is a mistake.

If you have something mean to say or anything else that doesn't belong on this thread, PM me XD

Lastly, could you tell me if you're towns hacked. I probably won't visit it if it is. Sorry, hacking can corrupt your game.

Last edited:
Temporary locking the thread. Will be back shortly!

If you can't be nice and respectful towards users here, don't bother posting in threads. With the opening of this thread, we ask that everyone be kind and respectful towards one another. We don't want a repeat of what happened before. Anyone who fails to do so will be dealt with accordingly.

Please keep that in mind when posting in this thread, thanks!

I visited your dream, and I think the path is really lovely. I loved how you decorated around each villagers house. I also like how natural the town looks. I would just work on the flower placement a bit more. Although, I personally just like my flowers organized. Not everyones going to decorate the same, and that's what makes all of our towns unique. I look forward to visiting again when the houses are more complete. I also like that you made your own path. You did a fantastic job.

I think I'll post my new town called Gables.

The mayor is of course Anne. There's two other characters that are also from classic childrens stories. Like, Mary from a secret Garden and Heidi from the Swiss alps.

My newest characte is just someone I made up. She is a doll that lives in a dollhouse. Her house is fun and cute. Also a bit odd. Lol. Definately unique.

The town is a simple country town, with no patterns for paths. It's not complete, but it does have some cute areas to explore.

5F00-0010-89AF

Such a kind review. I love it
I'd love to review your town but could you tell me how close you are to completion?

I visited your town because I was curious after everything I saw on your previous thread.
I can tell that you have put a lot of effort into it, I will give you that much. I think the flower arrangements could use some work. I can see that you made an effort to put matching colors together (like orange, yellow, orange) but I think having the same flower type would look nicer as well (like all orange and yellow roses instead of any orange and yellow flowers) will add a nice balance.
Same thing with the bushes, I feel like the bush placements are nice, but could be improved by using all the same type of bush in each area so they match.

I like the clover and tile paths a lot. Not a fan of the paths around the plaza just because I've seen them in many towns before. There is an empty spot near the plaza, not sure if you're saving it for a pwp or anything but I'm sure you'll be getting to it. The area in front of Marina's house is pretty.

Mostly I'd work on the player houses, since they've not been touched.

Such a kind review. I love it
I'd love to review your town but could you tell me how close you are to completion?

Pretty close. The area under Mary's house is not done. It's going to be a secret garden, but I'm waiting for certain pwp's.

The area around Dolly's house is not complete either.

My houses are worth visiting. A couple of rooms are missing a few things, but that's it. A lot of thought and work went into them. I always try to create rooms that are completely different than others I've seen.

Last edited:
Thank you, XD
Is there something you recommend for the plaza?
I've been considering changing all the bushes to holly and hydrangea XD
I totally understand people's opinions about the flowers but I don't think that's really me. I really love the way their mixed. I personally think using the same flower types only really work with tulips, roses, pansies, and carnations but the other's don't really look nice by themselves. I just love how colorful everything together makes it XD
I'm currently working on that blank spot. It's so frustrating how I can't put PWPs there because they're too close to the plaza

- - - Post Merge - - -

TheGreatBrain
I love your houses but I think our preferences when it comes to landscaping are too different.
I don't think my advice would be of any use. I'm sorry

Your rooms are marvelous, but I think the Zelda chest stands out too much lol. Maybe add some more decorations to the walls, they look a bit empty for me. But I totally understand how some people think less is more XD

Last edited:
The town is a simple country town, with no patterns for paths. It's not complete, but it does have some cute areas to explore.

5F00-0010-89AF

I visited your town and I love how clean, simple and colorful it is. I didn't realize how striking purple and yellow Tulips can be. :lemon:

I can appreciate the aesthetic of having no patterns for paths but it is a little hard to follow where I should be walking if I'm starting at the event plaza.

The villager houses are lined up near and I think it's great. I enjoyed visiting, thank you for sharing. :lemon:

Thank you, XD
Is there something you recommend for the plaza?
I've been considering changing all the bushes to holly and hydrangea XD
I totally understand people's opinions about the flowers but I don't think that's really me. I really love the way their mixed. I personally think using the same flower types only really work with tulips, roses, pansies, and carnations but the other's don't really look nice by themselves. I just love how colorful everything together makes it XD
I'm currently working on that blank spot. It's so frustrating how I can't put PWPs there because they're too close to the plaza

- - - Post Merge - - -

TheGreatBrain
I love your houses but I think our preferences when it comes to landscaping are too different.
I don't think my advice would be of any use. I'm sorry

Your rooms are marvelous, but I think the Zelda chest stands out too much lol. Maybe add some more decorations to the walls, they look a bit empty for me. But I totally understand how some people think less is more XD

Not sure about the plaza, since I usually don't decorate mine since I tend to get frustrated with events always taking out the tiles. I tend to drop items and clothes for visitors instead there.

In that empty spot, perhaps you can use a QR code to cover the ground with some kind of picture or do maybe a rainbow flower arrangement? You could also fit any 1x1 or 2x2 pwps there, I feel like.

Not sure about the plaza, since I usually don't decorate mine since I tend to get frustrated with events always taking out the tiles. I tend to drop items and clothes for visitors instead there.

In that empty spot, perhaps you can use a QR code to cover the ground with some kind of picture or do maybe a rainbow flower arrangement? You could also fit any 1x1 or 2x2 PWPs there, I feel like.

The Space is this

ooxxx
ooxxx
ooxxx
ooooo
ooooo

X is where I can't place anything
I seriously don't understand why the plaza needs so much space lol

You're right, I should really modify the plaza so things pop up without destroying tiles

I visited your town and I love how clean, simple and colorful it is. I didn't realize how striking purple and yellow Tulips can be. :lemon:

I can appreciate the aesthetic of having no patterns for paths but it is a little hard to follow where I should be walking if I'm starting at the event plaza.

The villager houses are lined up near and I think it's great. I enjoyed visiting, thank you for sharing. :lemon:

Thanks moonfish. This is my first town without patterns for paths. I had no idea how hard it would be to decorate like that. It's definately been a challange.

I was so proud of myself until she said "houses are lined up" XD

Last edited:
Thanks moonfish. This is my first town without patterns for paths. I had no idea how hard it would be to decorate like that. It's definately been a challange.

You can visit my DA if you'd like. I'm only using pattern paths in part of my town, the rest I'm going natural dirt. I'm slowly working on creating them the only path I'd say is done is on the island with my retail. My town also isn't done, but maybe you have some ideas for me? My houses aren't even close to being done either.

My DA is 4F00-003A-2148 if you want to swing by :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was so proud of myself until she said "houses are lined up" XD

Sorry, I already visited your town though and I don't think much has changed in the past few days? Sorry about that.

It depends on, in the last thread I forgot to update it lol
I'd love to here feed back

Last edited:
I like your town! It's charming. I think the green path is simple but effective and matches well with the clovers. Decorating around the villager's homes is a very nice touch. The flowers are decorated very nicely! I like the variety of flowers. The custom face standees were cute as well and went along nicely with the windmill. The classroom looks good; it's missing music to create the atmosphere. Maybe replace 2 of the apples with books and customize the cushions?

Also adore the way the fairytale clock was surrounded by bushes in a heart. I do think it'll look best with azalea bushes to make it stand out more.

Some tips:
- Having the paths leading to nothing is odd (i.e. right of the police station, left of instrument shelter, & left of Tom's house). I recommend putting up a bench of a small PWP so that the ends
- The clovers being scattered around Marina's house & bottom left of the town tree could use some organizing.
- Obviously the houses need decorating but I'm sure you knew that already.
- I think having outfits to wear & maybe hold items for visitors really helps personalize a town.

If I were to rate your town, I'd give it a 7.5/10. I really do believe the houses being decorated are what truly brings out a town's uniqueness imo. I'd definitely come back when you're done with your town.

I believe you've seen my town already. I'll be updating it next month for spring. :)

I like your town! It's charming. I think the green path is simple but effective and matches well with the clovers. Decorating around the villager's homes is a very nice touch. The flowers are decorated very nicely! I like the variety of flowers. The custom face standees were cute as well and went along nicely with the windmill. The classroom looks good; it's missing music to create the atmosphere. Maybe replace 2 of the apples with books and customize the cushions?

Also adore the way the fairytale clock was surrounded by bushes in a heart. I do think it'll look best with azalea bushes to make it stand out more.

Some tips:
- Having the paths leading to nothing is odd (i.e. right of the police station, left of instrument shelter, & left of Tom's house). I recommend putting up a bench of a small PWP so that the ends
- The clovers being scattered around Marina's house & bottom left of the town tree could use some organizing.
- Obviously the houses need decorating but I'm sure you knew that already.
- I think having outfits to wear & maybe hold items for visitors really helps personalize a town.

If I were to rate your town, I'd give it a 7.5/10. I really do believe the houses being decorated are what truly brings out a town's uniqueness imo. I'd definitely come back when you're done with your town.

I believe you've seen my town already. I'll be updating it next month for spring. :)

I think you're a god XD
Thank you so much for you're feed back XD I always wanted yours

I totally understand why you think decorating the houses is important
But I think decorating the town is most crucial. That's how I make the town feel like it's my creation and I'm it's ruler. XD

Also, If I make those changes, what rating would you give it?

Last edited:
I think you're a god XD
Thank you so much for you're feed back XD I always wanted yours

I totally understand why you think decorating the houses is important
But I think decorating the town is most crucial. That's how I make the town feel like it's my creation and I'm it's ruler. XD

Also, If I make those changes, what rating would you give it?

I agree, to some extent. Some people may do great on the exteriors but have very plain homes or vice-versa since it can be tough to implement something new with exteriors/interiors. Come to think of it, I noticed all of your human characters have food names so maybe add food face standees to go with them? I believe it would be wise to take advantage of their themed names.

It depends how it all adds up together tbh. :)

Moonfish- I spent a bunch of time giving you a review, but for some reason,I couldn't post it, so I'm going to try again, but it will be a bit shortened.

I love the path. The stars actually look like they're glowing. There's a lot of trees. Normally this would make me feel a bit claustrophobic, but yours are placed so neatly. It looks great. The clovers on the dirt path looks so nice.

The flower arch- Maybe add a metal or fairytale bench on each side of the arch, but a bit lowere than the arch. ( did that make sense?)

Below town hall where the blue pansies are- Maybe a small playground or picnic area?

Your town is lovely. Thanks so much for sharing.

Last edited:
Back