what do ya do when you're feeling down

clean my room, drink a **** ton of water, take a nice bath/shower then change into super comfy clothes and just sit in bed listening to music.

*cries* thank you for all the lovely comments and advice its stupid but i actually feel a little better just from reading them all, im definitely going to try and make a list of things to do and try them out from all of you lovely people <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

when i get sad i will recite my favorite movies word by word, you see when you are like me sadness is a everlasting looming presence over your very being, According to all known laws of aviation,
there is no way a bee should be able to fly.
Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground.
The bee, of course, flies anyway
because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.
Yellow, black. Yellow, black. Yellow, black. Yellow, black.
Ooh, black and yellow! Let's shake it up a little.
Barry! Breakfast is ready!
Ooming!
Hang on a second.
Hello?
Barry?
Adam?
Oan you believe this is happening?
I can't. I'll pick you up.
Looking sharp.

Ps this made me laugh a lot

- Watch a family-friendly movie like Disney
- Read a book (even if it's depressing, like Stephen King)
- Listen to upbeat Paramore songs
- Listen to the Animal Crossing soundtrack
- Play Animal Crossing/Zelda/Mario/Pokemon/Kirby
- Talk to my friends

I also have a big safety network around me for when I become homicidal or suicidal. So that's a plus, I guess.

Oh another good idea is to do some exercise if you have the energy. Something like a walk or jog, or some dancing, or any activity that you find fun! The boost in endorphins will make you feel better. #science

I listen to music mostly. The genre of what I listen to depends on how I'm feeling. While listening to music I also write- sometimes my feelings, other times I write through the eyes of a character that's going through what I am. Surprisingly, it gives a lot of perspective for me? Making a blanket nest is another thing I do. Like, just surround yourself with super soft things (or a person, lmao).

Lately I've been immersing myself in games, like Animal Crossing, Sims 3, Harvest Moon, and Nintendogs. The responsibility helps me get my mind off of everything.

I usually listen to sad music or write in my journal; sometimes I'll reach out to people, but unless I'm talking to them, I typically won't. Also watching my favourite movies or spending time with my mum helps me. Can't forget buying things or playing Animal Crossing!

I drink lots of water, (try to) eat a wholesome, balanced and tasty meal, turn on some calming indie folk music/indie lo fi music, curl up in bed and cry for two days straight.

Have you ever tried one of those adult colouring books? It sounds cheesy, but it does help and it keeps your mind occupied. I have both a physical book with pencils and I have one on my phone where you just tap the empty spaces. It's really calming.

Getting fresh air immediately improves my mood so I'll usually go for a bike ride. If I'm inside, drink beer. Don't recommend the latter when you're feeling like ****, it's not a good habit to have.

I listen to music, find something to distract myself with(usually I find a really long video game to 100%, recently Pikmin 2 was that kind of game.), or just try and sleep. I also vent to this one friend of mine who's been there for me in some of the lowest points of my life so far. Talking to some people or just even writing an email to that friend about it is therapeutic to me.

listen to the 'detox' playlist on spotify, look out of my window, reflect on my thoughts and jog on

I just watch comedy shows or genuinely nice people on YouTube to get like a laugh out or feel good about the world.

Back