• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Amiibo Villagers- plotting

Rarr01

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
If I move in an amiibo villager and kick out a current resident, does the amiibo take the same plot? I've heard different things and want to double check before moving anyone!

Last edited:
No, they still take any random spot available. I scanned Cece and kicked out Ribbot (Ribbot was by my re-tail). And Cece moved in the opposite side of town from him.

That title though. Amigo villagers! XD

1c146d2edfdd6cb08f9dd2382b62c7a6.jpg

They have a high likelihood of taking the same spot, but it's not definite. Plot resetting still works, if that's something that interests you.

It seems you can also use paths now to block off areas you don't want people to move in - I used them with the moves I did recently and it seemed to work well.

Thank you! Lol, I have autocorrect on my Mac and didn't see that the title of the thread wasn't "amiibo!" I almost wish that they did take the same plots, because I have some great ones now. I guess I'll just wait until I have more development in the town to move anyone so that more spaces are taken!

It seems you can also use paths now to block off areas you don't want people to move in - I used them with the moves I did recently and it seemed to work well.

This.

Even if your town is underdeveloped, it's still guaranteed to work :)

This.

Even if your town is underdeveloped, it's still guaranteed to work :)

wait really? I usually use paths to mark spots for them to move into.
so, I can now just cover my town in paths except certain areas and they'll plot there? omg

wait really? I usually use paths to mark spots for them to move into.
so, I can now just cover my town in paths except certain areas and they'll plot there? omg

Yes, as long they meet the space requirements and that they can actually plot a house there :)

Back