- The Time Capsule Challenge -

dearjenna

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Hey all! Tonight I was playing New Leaf, and as Mitzi had just asked me to go dig up a time capsule, I realized that what a neat treat it would be if I gave myself a bit of a time capsule, too! :cool: Imagine surprising yourself with a memory or something fun to find later. So, I want to start a bit of a tradition with a Time Capsule Challenge!

The rules are easy to follow, and you can do this however you?d like. There?s more than one way to recreate the memories.

1. Find an item that brings back memories or that you cherish a lot.
  2. Wrap the gift in wrapping paper.
  3. Go to a remote place in town - that also won?t be disrupted by possible villagers moving in (like the beach), or maybe even the island instead - and bury the wrapped gift.
  4. Write your future self a letter with either a kind message, an inspirational quote, or really whatever you?d like.
  5. Ask Pelly or Phyllis to set it for a specific date in the future.
  6. Add that date to your calendar app, daily planner or wherever you keep your future events visible.
  7. When it?s time to find your capsule and open your letter, post pictures about it here!

There isn?t a ?right? or ?wrong? to the amount of time you give for a capsule, same as there isn?t a right or wrong way to even do this. If you've found you prefer another method, go for it! I set my time frame for 2 months for this first time capsule. Perhaps you?d rather wait a year? It?s up to you!

I hope you?ll join this challenge. It could be really fun.

tumblr_on0dv9e87m1r0qtnvo3_1280.png

tumblr_on0dv9e87m1r0qtnvo4_1280.png

tumblr_on0dv9e87m1r0qtnvo2_1280.png

tumblr_on0dv9e87m1r0qtnvo1_1280.png

Sounds like a fun way to add something real or personal to the game. Straying a bit: At first, when asked to bury a TC, I'd find a remote spot and promptly forget about it and soon dig it up thinking it was a fossil. Now, I bury all TCs right behind the requester's house where it is out of sight and can never get lost or mistaken for something else.

A TC will usually move around but that's a great point that leads me to think that burying your TC in your backyard is the way to go here.

omg so cute! such a fun idea. :blush:

1.jpg2.jpg

I buried two items :p and sent the future letter to myself on my birthday.

Yay! I can't wait to see pics of the capsules in hiding or later. :3

Edit: I also posted about it on Tumblr, so you may see that floating around now.

Last edited:
About a month ago I decided to send a letter to myself for my birthday. I've forgotten what I wrote but I know it's encouraging. :)

I'm gonna do this later too :D A little off topic, but a while ago I made a real life time capsule to hide (inspired by ACNL haha) so I'll be unearthing that sometime in the future too!!

Back