• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Decorating around my fountain?

MelbaBear

marnie of pomelo bay
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8411-4279-3514
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Pear (Fruit)
No matter how i change it, it doesnt seem to look right :( here are some pictures of how i changed it today:
WVW69kKNbioDBs2pOq.jpg WVW69kKNcHcLe1ngQn.jpg WVW69kKNc6QAHaiEXM.jpg

Does anyone have any advice on how i can improve it? How did you guys decorate around your fountain/outside your townhall?

Oh, and I would add another flower next to the benches., so you fill in that gap. Other than that, it looks great. Your path is really lovely and well placed.

Oh, and I would add another flower next to the benches., so you fill in that gap. Other than that, it looks great. Your path is really lovely and well placed.

Thats a good idea, i've been leaving it until i get a few more orange roses but the gap is bugging me! Oh thank you so much, i feel much better about it now!

Last edited:
It looks completely fine. I agree with TheGreatBrain. If you don't like the trees when they're completely grown, you can try bushes. I would also add more flowers because the area looks a little bare.

may i ask what you're planning to do with the bare strip of land next to the planted saplings? since it's two squares of space, i probably would've filled both spaces with trees but alternate them. and in the spaces left blank, i'd put in some bushes and flowers.

o = blank space, x = trees
xo
oo
ox
oo
xo

something like that. if you had something else in mind, then ignore me! but i agree that it'll look better once the greenery grows it :)

It looks completely fine. I agree with TheGreatBrain. If you don't like the trees when they're completely grown, you can try bushes. I would also add more flowers because the area looks a little bare.

Thank you! I definitely agree about the flowers, i think that would make me like it a little more. And thank you for the advice about using bushes :D

may i ask what you're planning to do with the bare strip of land next to the planted saplings? since it's two squares of space, i probably would've filled both spaces with trees but alternate them. and in the spaces left blank, i'd put in some bushes and flowers.

xo
oo
ox
oo
xo

something like that. if you had something else in mind, then ignore me! but i agree that it'll look better once the greenery grows it :)

Oh thats an awesome idea! I hadn't even begun thinking about what to do with those spaces, but i love your idea. Thank you!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I love your path. I like it, just a few more flowers and you are golden. :)

Thank you! It was definitely a lucky find, i wish i could credit the designer but the website i found it on was Japanese so i have no idea how to find it again :( I'll get planting flowers asap :D

Last edited:

xo
oo
ox
oo
xo

I was thinking the exact same thing. :)

Melbabear- I might have a few orange roses on my beach that you can have. I'll turn on my game and check.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Looks like I have three. You're more than welcome to have them. :)

I was thinking the exact same thing. :)

Melbabear- I might have a few orange roses on my beach that you can have. I'll turn on my game and check.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Looks like I have three. You're more than welcome to have them. :)

Thats so kind of you! Thank you so much, id love to take them, as long as youre sure :D

Last edited:
1134-7829-3310. Mayor Anne from Gables. Add my fc, and come on over. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm gonna take my daughter to work, and I have a few errands. 'll try and catch you later. :)( maybe an hour or so).

1134-7829-3310. Mayor Anne from Gables. Add my fc, and come on over. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm gonna take my daughter to work, and I have a few errands. 'll try and catch you later. :)( maybe an hour or so).

Oh no I'm sorry I missed you :( just drop me a vm when you're back! Thank you again :D

I think it looks fine :) just add more trees and such.
in between the paths you can even set up a lamppost or something! that'll add some oomf

flowers adjacent to it, then a row of clovers/stepping stones, then your actual path, then bushes and trees boi

I'd suggest to build a bench right in front of the fountain. Not at the left. I'd take the wood bench or the metal bench. The log bench or the picnic blanket would also be very cute. Maybe the (flower) arch or the Wisteria Trellis.

Back