• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Animal Crossing Community (ACC)

i've looked around but i don't plan on signing up ever. the design bothers me and i think the negative things about ACC out-do the positive.

Last edited:
I like the way they've preserved the design, but the community itself seems awful. I've never joined and have no intention to.

You know me from there, Dylan! We're friends LOL!:D
Honestly, I like it here more, because yeah, it's more updated, and the rules aren't nearly as strict.

Community seems like a Disaster. D:

The website is horrible to navigate...

- - - Post Merge - - -

If it were updated with a better appearance+there were less strict rules, perhaps I'd take a peak.

I used to love ACC waaaay back when they weren't so strict with their guidelines. I really enjoyed writing fanfics over there while in middle school. I still visit occasionally (for the Grownup Gamers board) but other than that, eh.

I pulled up ACC once with the intent to make an account, and I backed out immediately when I saw the site. Not only is the layout and color choice an eyesore, I didn't even know how to navigate through it. Meanwhile, it hardly took me any time to figure out TBT.

Honestly, if they changed the outdated layout and didn't flag you for insignificant stuff I'd be more inclined to actually give the site a try.

I disliked ACC as a teen because I had a bad anxiety problem and wanted my username changed because I was "in the closet" in real life but out of the closet with some of my ACC friends and my username was known by my family. I told an admin why I wanted it changed after they asked for details but they ended up telling me it's impossible to change it, if that was true then they shouldn't have asked me in the first place :mad:

And to make things worse a few weeks later I got a user ticket (in a thread for saying I liked someones town name) at that point I was already upset with the staff so I spoke up publicly in the thread saying I was disappointed about how unnecessarily strict the staff is, then a mod who I never spoke to decides to post in the public thread saying "You should be happy you didn't get a banned for talking about inappropriate content with a mod"

Needless to say I was triggered. I was exposed by a staff member publicly, the secret I tried to keep at the time was shared between mods apparently and I also felt the mods were being unfair towards me for giving me tickets for such petty things.

I ended up getting over it and I still use the website because I made a lot of friends there and at the time half of the mods were just teachers pet children so you can't really expect them to know any better.

And sorry for bumping an old thread but funny story, I still want want my username, this thread popped up when I googled change animalcrossigncommunity username. Lol

Last edited:
I disliked ACC as a teen because I had a bad anxiety problem and wanted my username changed because I was "in the closet" in real life but out of the closet with some of my ACC friends and my username was known by my family. I told the mods why I wanted it changed after they asked for details but they ended up telling me it's impossible to change it, if that was true then they shouldn't have asked me in the first place :mad:

And to make things worse a few weeks later I got a user ticket (in a thread for saying I liked someones town name) at that point I was already upset with the staff so I spoke up publicly in the thread saying I was disappointed about how unnecessarily strict the staff is, then a mod who I never spoke to decides to post in the public thread saying "You should be happy you didn't get a banned for talking about inappropriate content with a mod"

Needless to say I was triggered. I was exposed by a staff member publicly, the secret I tried to keep at the time was shared between mods apparently and I also felt the mods were being unfair towards me for giving me tickets for such petty things.

I ended up getting over it and I still use the website because I made a lot of friends there and at the time half of the mods were just teachers pet children so you can't really expect them to know any better.

And sorry for bumping an old thread but funny story, I still want want my username, this thread popped up when I googled change animalcrossigncommunity username. Lol

i know 3 year olds that are more mature than that what

- - - Post Merge - - -

stuck in 2008 and yet act like little children lmfao

I think I had a run in with the site when I was young.. Rules on chatting reminded me of trying to talk on webkinz (lol do they still make those?!?!). NTY

an online friend I used to play ac with introduced me to ACC, and I used it briefly for trading and stuff - never really had any problems with it! I only stopped using it when I decided to take a break from acnl :p when I got back into the game a couple months later, I found this site, which imo has a much better layout/more mature and friendly community.
I just think it's great that there are enough people out there who enjoy these silly little games enough to want to create and join forums like these!

Back