• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Animal Crossing Community (ACC)

Dilpyckle

Mayor of Saturn
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Winter Mittens
It seems like many people here dislike ACC. What are your opinions about the site? :)

Personally, I like the site and there are a lot of nice people on there. While it is a bit outdated, it's still functional and fun! :D

I like TBT almost as much, and it's more modern.

Last edited:
I used to use ACC more but TBT is so much more user-friendly and it's way more active lol

Oh lord.

I haven't joined ACC yet, and I honestly don't have any good reason to. It's not just old and outdated, but from what I've seen and heard, the rules there are crazy. There's no collectibles or micro-economy on the site, very little free discussion, and it's wayyy too complicated to navigate. For those who want to do mostly trades or play AC:NL, I'm sure it's a great site though.

I haven't spent much time on ACC, just followed links a couple of times. I don't care for the layout and organisationof the site, personally. The times I've been there, it hasn't been very active or up-to-date, so I never considered joining. I'm sure the people are nice, people generally are, but it just didn't seem like a community I was suited for.

I'm a big fan of this site and how supremely well organised and run it is. The layout is sublime, even on mobile. There's a wide variety of discussions going on at any one time across all kinds of topics. There is a lot of freedom here to discuss sensitive and controversial issues, and the mods do a fabulous job of keeping us in line whilst allowing that freedom. The collectibles are cool, and the events the site runs are some of the best organised I've come across in real life (and I used to run events!) or online.

I'm sure ACC has a lot going for it, it just doesn't seem to be for me.

I joined but the layout was so ugly and outdated that it was hard to navigate so I gave up and came here. Totally glad I did.

when I was 12-ish and just started playing the gamecube game, i was part of that community for like two years, and the worst part about it were two things for me:

1. it was very censoring - which to a degree, i can appreciate because nintendo, family-friendly game here, but it got to the point where you couldn't even say words like "stupid" or a mod would come and give you a warning. imagine being like 14 and being censored for that of all things? it felt like being in a neopets forum/chat, lol.

2. the mods were all a bit power mad. i had some run-ins with some folks that took it too seriously and would write you up for just about anything. or go in and try to god-mode every little thing you did.

eventually i just got into one good argument with a mod (i was young, didn't know how to sign off, lol) and ended up getting kicked off the site for that and spamming (which i did do later as a troll because i didn't want to be there anymore).

idk. i was really stupid when i was that age, and don't do that stuff anymore, but man oh man. i'm no longer interested in being there because it just wasn't that great. but they also have a stipulation that if you have at any point in your life ever been removed from that site you can't start a new account. so if i went back in there, 13 years later, and tried to join up in the convos again, if they found out who i was, they'd kick me out immediately. which i feel like is ridiculous.

after admin-ing so many forums myself, i know that there are definitely people who out of spite create a ton of accounts and flame/spam threads just to stir up trouble. then you have to do the displeasure of ip banning them or whatever... but if someone goes ghost for 13 years and comes back, i feel like that's enough time for a person to have moved on and grown up, and you should be willing to just keep an eye on them and after a certain point, trust the new them.

it does bring back a lot of fantastic memories when it comes to that internet 1.0 (or 1.5 depending on how you categorize that time of the internet) when i also had a xanga, and then AIM, Yahoo! Messenger and ICQ open at all times.

Last edited:
When I was looking for a new forum, I found this place and ACC. Obviously I chose this place. ACC was not very user friendly, outdated, and had very few options for profile customization. I recently joined ACC but I haven't even made one post there. I think it's just a bad website (IMO) and I can't imagine why anyone would choose it over this one.

It doesn't have the same feel and community feel as bell tree (bit ironic with its name). It's very hard to navigate, outdated and inactive.

Last edited:
Threads like this have been made, and closed for a reason. Mostly because of disrespect towards the website itself. Just saying. Anyways, ACC is like how it's always been. Outdated, power hungry, etc.

Threads like this have been made, and closed for a reason. Mostly because of disrespect towards the website itself. Just saying. Anyways, ACC is like how it's always been. Outdated, power hungry, etc.

Actually, we have had lots of threads about ACC in the past and the majority of them have never been locked.

I used to use it. I loved it at the time (especially when ACNL came out and it was flourishing), but now it's just kinda meh. They said they were making a bell shop to spend your ACC currency on which I don't think has even been finished yet.
Another thing I don't like is the fact that you can't have your own profile pictures. It has to be a picture of an Animal Crossing character with a crappy patterned background.

Man, that place got me banned there 2 times! If I ever go back online on that site. i'll just check what's up with my other friends and me but not to post.

Here is a lot better. But I've been inactive lately.

I don't like it. When I first joined, I thought it was great and I spent a lot of time on there, but things quickly turned sour. I had several rude encounters with other players, from an older adult woman screaming at me and making me cry because there was a wifi error when I tried to connect to her town, to getting screamed at by a group of people for accidentally spoiling something. Obviously not everyone on that site is like that, but the couple of rude people I had the misfortune of interacting with just ruined things for me

Not to mention the ridiculous rules. I got an infraction once for saying something was funny, because they considered that "off topic spam." The friend code system is terrible too, and the fact the don't allow your dream address to be posted publicly because it's "too dangerous" is completely stupid.

Also, it's too inactive for my tastes. I could post a thread and get like one reply in a week, compared to the tons of replies I can get here in one hour. Also, there was a lot of things I disagreed with in the community. On that site, time travel is considered to be cheating and if you do it, you're bad. I don't know if they still have debates about it, but when I was on there there were debates all the time on TT. People who didn't TT acted like they were better than those who did, and if you TT'd you were a bad cheater. It was just really stupid.

Not to mention the ridiculous rules. I got an infraction once for saying something was funny, because they considered that "off topic spam." The friend code system is terrible too, and the fact the don't allow your dream address to be posted publicly because it's "too dangerous" is completely stupid.

Yeah, I'm all for moderation, but it was pretty suffocating over there.

Sometimes I get the urge to go back, just to see if I can make AC friends there again, but Idk. It feels weird whenever I look at the site again. This place is nice and new. :)

Wow, so many replies! :O

Thanks for all the responses, everyone! I appreciate you posting your opinion about the site. :)

About the language filter, I don't think it's as strict as it used to be. You're allowed to say words like "stupid" and "crap" as long as you don't use them in a mean/inappropriate way. :)

Also, @dearjenna, you should give it another chance! There are actually over 2,000 users who have come online in the past 180 days! It's not as inactive as people think. :)

it's ugly lol, it seems to be full of people who haven't heard of the 2010s yet. the community sounds awful. there was a thread i'm going off of from 2014, it was just people thinking they were cool and smug and superior. basically a lot of gang mentality. they were sending people here to start a huge upset, there were people who saw it, saw "the way the admins didn't deal with the hate" and said it was disgusting and that they'd never use it. BUUUUUUT they are the same man-children who came over and started the argument thinking they were 12 again. at least there were a few people who acknowledged that they were indeed two different sites with different goals in mind. thread in question is here.

it seems to be that we have started a war with an ugly site.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wow, so many replies! :O

Thanks for all the responses, everyone! I appreciate you posting your opinion about the site. :)

About the language filter, I don't think it's as strict as it used to be. You're allowed to say words like "stupid" and "crap" as long as you don't use them in a mean/inappropriate way. :)

Also, @dearjenna, you should give it another chance! There are actually over 2,000 users who have come online in the past 180 days! It's not as inactive as people think. :)

I mean, while that's an impressive number, over the span of 6 months~, that's about 9-11 people a day if my math is right? And even that can vary on good days and bad days.

I started on ACC. Honestly, I have no complaints. I enjoyed the site. I switched to here and just ended up liking the layout better along with some other functions of the site overall.

Back