• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

what's your weird obsession?

Tons of random things. For one, I love reading about radiation and nuclear weapons/explosions/accidents/etc. Chernobyl and effects of the disaster on it and the neighboring town Pripyat are fascinating to me. One of the coolest/scariest things about it is the "elephant's foot," a huge mass of waste from the reactor that "according to readings taken at the time, the still hot portion of molten core put out enough radiation to give a lethal dose in 300 seconds." (quote taken from here)
I also love medical history. The creepier the better. I can read about that stuff for hours.

Other than creepy history/science, I'm obsessed with lip balm. You know those Lip Smackers cutesy lip balms that are flavored like cupcakes or sodas? I'm ALL about that. It's kind of a comfort thing I guess. I pick at my lips as a bad habit (kind of like nail biting) so I really do need to use it but the cute flavors make it addicting :lemon:

pimple popping. both videos and irl (not other people's pimples tho, that's weird.)

i LOVE popping my own pimples (even tho i rarely get them, thanks good genes) but i can't stomach videos of it. i have no idea why, it just grosses me out lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tons of random things. For one, I love reading about radiation and nuclear weapons/explosions/accidents/etc. Chernobyl and effects of the disaster on it and the neighboring town Pripyat are fascinating to me. One of the coolest/scariest things about it is the "elephant's foot," a huge mass of waste from the reactor that "according to readings taken at the time, the still hot portion of molten core put out enough radiation to give a lethal dose in 300 seconds." (quote taken from here)
I also love medical history. The creepier the better. I can read about that stuff for hours.

Other than creepy history/science, I'm obsessed with lip balm. You know those Lip Smackers cutesy lip balms that are flavored like cupcakes or sodas? I'm ALL about that. It's kind of a comfort thing I guess. I pick at my lips as a bad habit (kind of like nail biting) so I really do need to use it but the cute flavors make it addicting :lemon:

i love real life creepy stuff so much, i feel like it's so underrated! somehow it's way spookier than anything made up, just bc it's real.
do you ever watch medical mysteries? i used to love those :)

hatred of pears

You really seem to despise them. Why is that?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Omg I pick at my lips too, I'm an adult and I never got rid of the habit lol. I used to be obsessed with chapstick as well. I feel like overall I'm just obsessed with picking at them though lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

I collect washi/masking tape. Currently own over 100+ T_T I have a problem ...

Ahhh I have to refrain from hoarding wash tape lol I love using it in my bullet journal! What do you use yours for?

i collect seeds, any kind of seeds. every time i see something that might have seeds inside i take them home and harvest them. theres a plum tree thats near my house and i like to take a few of the plums home every year, take the seeds, and throw away the rest of the fruit. also theres alot of pine trees around so i take a few pinecones and pluck out the seeds inside, im even going to try pollinating the lilies and irises that grow infront of my house every year to see if they produce some seeds.

i have so many seeds i dont even know where to plant all of them, i burn through so much soil each year, the gardening store must really love me.

i'm not sure how weird it is but i'm obsessed with murder and anything morbid really. i'll spend hours pouring over really gruesome cases and crime scene reports. i love watching interviews and court cases and documentaries and reading true crime. i don't get any weird pleasure out it, i just find it super fascinating

Omg, yes! Every once in a while I'll start reading about some scary case or watch a documentary and get lost in it to the point where I almost get paranoid, haha. The human psyche is very interesting though so, like you, I find these kinds of things pretty fascinating and could spend hours reading about them.

Last edited:
i had a really weird almond obsession last summer LOL i would eat just raw almonds almost every day and its all i would ask for when my mom said she was going shopping. and since then we've been getting almond milk too. i have no idea how or why this happened i didnt even intend for it to

when mlp first came out there was a community starting to grow and i thought it was cool to be a brony so i forced myself to watch the show but i never even finished the first episode and i didnt stick to the community as much as i thought i would mostly because the show was boring and really hard to watch. now im glad i didnt become a part of that whole scene because holy **** its ****ed up. i am forever questioning how my little pony reasonated with 20-40 year old men and why i thought that was cool

i love to touch my eyebrow and i do it all the time like in class or like when i'm talking to people or like rn idk

i'm not sure how weird it is but i'm obsessed with murder and anything morbid really. i'll spend hours pouring over really gruesome cases and crime scene reports. i love watching interviews and court cases and documentaries and reading true crime. i don't get any weird pleasure out it, i just find it super fascinating

- - - Post Merge - - -

ooooooooooo asmr that too lol, i don't feel like it actually works for me as in 'tingling sensation' but i find it relaxing all the same

this is how ppl become serial killers

ASMR mouth sounds and whispering. Heather Feather, MassageASMR and RaffyTaphy are my gods/goddess.

I'm obsessed with Hello Kitty. I have been since I was 12 years old. I have so much Hello Kitty merchandise it's not even funny.

idk if it's a "weird" obsession but I really love traditional Irish music, like with tin whistles and fiddles and all that. Most people I know think it sounds really shrill but I'm a huge fan myself

Back