• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

what's your weird obsession?

breathing. god, im so ashamed of myself smh

I don't know what my obsession is at this moment but when I was really young, playing Animal Crossing has gotten me interested in animal life such as sharks, scorpions, spiders, etc. I'd do a lot of research with them and even made my own little "books" about their info. However, my brothers thought I was getting obsessed with them and thought I was weird. They made fun of me for it everyday, so I stopped. I don't see what the problem is about wanting to get into animal studies though. :|

My current obsession is just worrying what other people think of me I guess.

I don't know what my obsession is at this moment but when I was really young, playing Animal Crossing has gotten me interested in animal life such as sharks, scorpions, spiders, etc. I'd do a lot of research with them and even made my own little "books" about their info. However, my brothers thought I was getting obsessed with them and thought I was weird. They made fun of me for it everyday, so I stopped. I don't see what the problem is about wanting to get into animal studies though. :|

This is the purest thing ever omg please don't let other people get you down :(

I like my things being in top condition and that they should always look brand new even if I use them. If not, I'd sell them.

That is what I did with hamsters and other birds! I literally obsessed with hamsters and wanted one as a pet so I decided to study up so I knew EVERYTHING about them. During library time, I would always take out hamster books. x3

NEVER let people stop you from doing what you love! I'd say continue it!!

The Metal Gear Solid series! I absolutely love the plot and the characters are never boring.

Well I'm obsessed with pretty much everything that has a rainbow on it. Maybe that's why I love rainbow road so much...
Rainbow_Road_MK64.jpg

Oh and I have a strange obsession with anything from the SMB series. It really shows in my username. Had this obsession probably since I was in 7th grade. I'm a senior now.

Like I literally know everything about the series and I have soo much merch it's probably a bit scary, and I go all fangirl when I see something that has anything from the series on it .-. I need help lol

Well I'm obsessed with pretty much everything that has a rainbow on it. Maybe that's why I love rainbow road so much...
View attachment 196213

Oh and I have a strange obsession with anything from the SMB series. It really shows in my username. Had this obsession probably since I was in 7th grade. I'm a senior now.

Like I literally know everything about the series and I have soo much merch it's probably a bit scary, and I go all fangirl when I see something that has anything from the series on it .-. I need help lol

i would've never guessed :p

I'm obsessed with everything candycorn, except for the food itself. I don't really care for how it tastes. Heck, I even have a candycorn stuffed animal I got from my mom that's like 50 years old...
View attachment 196214

Back in August - October 2016 , Doritos here had a promotion of including sticker of Super Mario and that you could win other products like a 3DS , so since the beggining of September i started buying a ****ton of Doritos to find a Bowser sticker (Because Bowser is fabulous :rolleyes:) , sadly , i never found that sticker , but if found stickers from characters like Yoshi , DK , Mario.
Also , the bags of the doritos had also Super Mario characters on it , so i still keep those bags

i also want to recall how once i got a doritos that had a bowser in the bag and it had a Mario sticker , lmao

I had a weird obsession with watching every playthrough of Until Dawn of YouTube, just to see people choose and react, skipping most of the story. The thing is, I don't even like horror or gore or jumpscares, but I saw so many playthroughs that I've become numb to the scenes in the game.

It's over now though, because I started watching Superstore and seeing Nichole Bloom (Emily) play that dumb teenaged character really makes it impossible for me to take the game seriously anymore. It might be for the better.

I'm obsessed with old technology. Whether it's old giant metal machines from like the 20's, or (especially) old 60's-70s technology. That and like 80s-90s computers, radios, music players, CRT's(I LOVE CRT's.). Something about them is just so much cooler than all the stuff they have now. It's really amazing to see what they did with what they had.

That and they have this wonderful aesthetic, especially the 60s-70s stuff. It's so cool.

I'm obsessed with old technology. Whether it's old giant metal machines from like the 20's, or (especially) old 60's-70s technology. That and like 80s-90s computers, radios, music players, CRT's(I LOVE CRT's.). Something about them is just so much cooler than all the stuff they have now. It's really amazing to see what they did with what they had.

That and they have this wonderful aesthetic, especially the 60s-70s stuff. It's so cool.

Also CRT TVs xDDD

Oh wait I see you already mentioned it... good job.

Most of the technology I have is old, except obviously some of my game systems and my phone.

I'm pretty sure my lamp was made in the 1950s-60s, and I have a record player from when my mom was my age (80's). There's a lot more where that came from. My parents hate that I like old technology. Apparently I'm a luddite or something xDDD

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm the same way with old cars. I don't like new cars because they're so physically unappealing, but the ones at the car shows... those are the ones worth your money.
facebook_event_1048082881914989.jpg

Last edited:
Also CRT TVs xDDD

Oh wait I see you already mentioned it... good job.

Most of the technology I have is old, except obviously some of my game systems and my phone.

I'm pretty sure my lamp was made in the 1950s-60s, and I have a record player from when my mom was my age (80's). There's a lot more where that came from. My parents hate that I like old technology. Apparently I'm a luddite or something xDDD

But like...Old technology is the best...Why would your parents hate like the best thing ever?

But like...Old technology is the best...Why would your parents hate like the best thing ever?
They like old stuff, they just don't like that I don't like new stuff. Like I hate tablets, VR headsets, smart watches, smartphone apps (or just smartphones in general), drones, all of that. But they act like I'm stuck in the stone age or something lol

Back