• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

what's your weird obsession?

idcjazmin

#1 dweeb
Bells
Poptart Easter Egg
Flea
Yellow Pansy
Mother's Day Carnation
we all have one or two really weird things we love
mine is listening to people eat, i stg i'm constantly listening to asmr

i collect a lot of toys, dolls and other items like that. i think i was a little obsessed at one point

Team ASMR!! :D Only I prefer tapping and crinkles.~

I feel like I've mentioned this soooo often but I'm obsessed with The Suite Life series and I legit am always thinking of fanfiction ideas for it. I can't stop. Since it's a Disney Channel series, people usually look at me weird if I mention that it's my favourite sitcom of all time. xP Sorry not sorry.

I like collecting and reading old letters/postcards people from the past have sent each other. I have a whole box of written postcards I bought from thrift stores over the years. I also like buying secondhand books with notes or annotations in it. I get kinda sad when a book is specially signed to someone with a really sweet message but it just ends up in a thrift store (I have a real soft spot for letting go of books). I also get kinda obsessed with cursive handwriting. I like to try and copy/master interesting handwritings I come across... I'm a lil forger in the making.

Last edited:
Team ASMR!! :D Only I prefer tapping and crinkles.~

I feel like I've mentioned this soooo often but I'm obsessed with The Suite Life series and I legit am always thinking of fanfiction ideas for it. I can't stop. Since it's a Disney Channel series, people usually look at me weird if I mention that it's my favourite sitcom of all time. xP Sorry not sorry.

i love crinkles too aahh, and popping noises! crunching noises are the best tho
and i used to love that show! lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

I like collecting and reading old letters/postcards people from the past have sent each other. I have a whole box of written postcards I bought from thrift stores over the years. I also like buying secondhand books with notes or annotations in it. I get kinda sad when a book is specially signed to someone with a really sweet message but it just ends up in a thrift store (I have a real soft spot for letting go of books). I also get kinda obsessed with cursive handwriting. I like to try and copy/master interesting handwritings I come across... I'm a lil forger in the making.

that's so interesting! to me when i see things like that at thrift stores i kind of get sad, because they're people's memories and they just ended up there :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

i have about two porcelain dolls from when i was very small and the rest are plushies/teddies that are mostly animals.

i sort of collect stuffed animals, too, but i wouldn't call it an obsession :p
porcelain dolls creep me out so bad hahaha. my stepmom has a glass case of porcelain dolls in the hallway at her house and whenever i pass by it, i swear they're all staring at me!

I also love ASMR, not the chewing/mouth noises though. I prefer tapping noises and such.
I have a bunch of other weird obsessions as well, mostly about kids cartoons and stuff. And Hamilton of course.

I also love ASMR, not the chewing/mouth noises though. I prefer tapping noises and such.
I have a bunch of other weird obsessions as well, mostly about kids cartoons and stuff. And Hamilton of course.

what exactly is hamilton? i've heard so much about it, but i have no idea what it is lol

I tend to get super obsessed with pairings/characters on tv shows, like, REALLY invested. There's always that one pairing (and its characters) I'm obsessed with. Right now I'm really invested in Emma and Hook from Once Upon a Time, lol.
One could say I'm in love with fictional people's love. Does sound kinda weird but who cares, also I've made a bunch of amazing friends :D

I tend to get super obsessed with pairings/characters on tv shows, like, REALLY invested. There's always that one pairing (and its characters) I'm obsessed with. Right now I'm really invested in Emma and Hook from Once Upon a Time, lol.
One could say I'm in love with fictional people's love. Does sound kinda weird but who cares, also I've made a bunch of amazing friends :D

I feel you! I literally imagine these fictional characters as real can't not think about them! I think about them more than friends.

... I have no life. RIP.

I have an obsession with symmetry.. It makes landscaping my town especially hard because it's an OCD tendency of mine. I cannot do anything without symmetry.. For example, in my colouring book, there are two birds facing each other. I reallllly wanted to colour them two different colours, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Then I spent the entire time colouring this page trying to match each side. I would get angry and frustrated when I couldn't, since I'm not artistically skilled. In my town, I need each side of something to match. Meaning equal number of bushes, equal number of trees, etc. Obviously I can't because the land is not big enough to maintain symmetry for everything. So I always get stuck. It's just something that hinders my creativity :(

I'm a big fan of alternative reality games, avant-garde horror shorts, and experimental 3D works from the early 90s.

This is so cool. I always look for stuff like that when I'm at thrift stores!

- - - Post Merge - - -

we all have one or two really weird things we love
mine is listening to people eat, i stg i'm constantly listening to asmr

Omg listening to people eat is one of my biggest pet peeves lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

My own personal "obsession" is journaling. I love journaling so much, I love decorating them and writing in them and I take my bullet journal everywhere with me. I love the feel of the paper and how it looks when you've filled it all up. I also like to take little souvineers, like receipts or photos and put them in my journals if it was from a special day or something. Also, I know this pains some people but I've done some altered books before and those are pretty fun too. I might get back into those, I haven't done one in a long time.

i'm not sure how weird it is but i'm obsessed with murder and anything morbid really. i'll spend hours pouring over really gruesome cases and crime scene reports. i love watching interviews and court cases and documentaries and reading true crime. i don't get any weird pleasure out it, i just find it super fascinating

- - - Post Merge - - -

ooooooooooo asmr that too lol, i don't feel like it actually works for me as in 'tingling sensation' but i find it relaxing all the same

pimple popping. both videos and irl (not other people's pimples tho, that's weird.)

- - - Post Merge - - -

i get obsessed with video game characters because i have no life

I have an obsession with collecting limited edition steelbooks for video games D:

Back