• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which Fries are the BEST Fries???

Your favorite fries?

• Normal fries

Votes: 38 34.2%
  • Shoestring fries

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • Waffle fries

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Curly fries

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • other

Votes: 9 8.1%

• Total voters
I like the big fat fries that are crispy but really soft on the inside. Sweet potato fries are one of my favorites too.

i didn't even know they were popular lol :) personally, i don't like mushy fries like those, i like crispy fries so much more!

:O You haven't had a proper poutine if yours have been mushy! I guess I'm Canadian, so it's more popular here than in the USA (if that's where you are from..) It's supposed to still have crispiness, only melting in your mouth as you chew and it mixes with the cheese and gravy or whatever flavour you chose. Well jeez, now I'm craving one. THANKS A LOT!

Chips are what you want, not fries. Proper British, newspaper-wrapped chips are the best. It's the one part of my culture I'm really proud of. We have good food.

Chips are what you want, not fries. Proper British, newspaper-wrapped chips are the best. It's the one part of my culture I'm really proud of. We have good food.

If you wrap it in newspaper won't it taste like ink?

If you wrap it in newspaper won't it taste like ink?

Well, newspaper is usually the traditional way of doing it. Nowadays it's just recreated, so people put paper inside of the newspaper and then put the chips in. Most chip shops here wrap them in semi-transparent foil and you just roll it out when you get home and dig in. Can get a little messy if you use sauces and things.

I put other, bc my favorite are the Five Guys style fries that have bits of peel on them still (is that home-style??)

but i think McDonald's fries are great (they're twice-fried), yes on those Chick-fil-A waffle fries, Checkers has great seasoned fries (theyre seasoned like curly fries).

:O You haven't had a proper poutine if yours have been mushy! I guess I'm Canadian, so it's more popular here than in the USA (if that's where you are from..) It's supposed to still have crispiness, only melting in your mouth as you chew and it mixes with the cheese and gravy or whatever flavour you chose. Well jeez, now I'm craving one. THANKS A LOT!

i was actually talking about steak fries being mushy! lol
i think poutine is a canadian thing, and it's probably more popular in the US up north, but i had it one time recently and it was literally the best thing i have ever tasted in my life ;w; i want some now, too jeez

I picked shoestring but curly is super good too.

Back