• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Nice things your teachers have done for you

How nice. :')

Are you still in contact with her?

Sadly no, she had made a secondary facebook to add her students but she never used it, I've been thinking about trying to look her up though. She was really sweet.

my teachers have parties sometimes so that's fun
and if i have late work to make up my english teacher is super nice about it and gives me lots of time to make up stuff because she trusts me and i get good grades in her class lol

For Christmas, our math teacher gave us all a card, and a customised bauble with our names on it.

It was good.

These stories about teachers that aren't douchebags are amazing, unlike my teachers...

I actually have a few stories about various teachers.

-Freshman to Senior year: I had an English teacher that was the best. Throughout all of high school I was going through a lot with my home and school life. Home was bad so focusing on school was an absolute nightmare. I've always wanted to be an author and he inspired me, he kept me going. He would always pull me after class and tell me that I could do it- not just become an author, but graduate high school. He is one of the biggest reason I did graduate.

-Junior and Senior Year: Another English teacher I had did kind of the same thing as the teacher above. However, he spoke to me as more of a friend than a mentor/father figure. He was pretty young, so I felt more comfortable really venting to him. I can't even begin to explain how many times I would pace around his classroom in the morning before class or during free periods, angry at myself, other people, and just the entire world. He would always be really understanding. Unfortunately, he resigned because of circumstances, but we kept in contact.

-Senior year: I've always been horrible at math. I can do the simple stuff, but everything else is almost impossible for me to do. Well, I had to pass at least three math classes to graduate with the lowest possible diploma. There was one semester left and I had only passed two. I tried so hard to do the best I could, but I couldn't get it. My teacher knew that, she knew how hard I was trying and everything. When it came to the final, I know I failed it. Honestly, I shouldn't have graduated, but she bumped the grade up. I passed the class with a C. We stayed in contact afterward as well.

So, yeah. c:

Back