• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

screenshot photos very bad quality¿

adorablughhh

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
soo.. im thinking of starting an acnl blog...
but everytime i transfer the game screenshots by popping the SD card and moving it in through my pc iphoto...
damn the quality becomes VERY grainy and pixelised ><
anyone has a solution??? ฅ( ̳͒?ಲ? ̳͒)♪
please tell me ♡ it would be really sweet of you !!
because ive seen many people reposting their screenshots on instagram and they all looked really good xD
WELP ;-;

What kind of 3DS do you have?

I think most people use special filters or editors to smooth them out, since I've noticed the smooth glossy screenshots are usually really smooth and glossy. Otherwise I have no clue either...

Yeah, they'll look bad. People have had quite good results using this - http://waifu2x.udp.jp

I also recommend you don't save screenshots with ACNL's L + R buttons.

Saving to your Miiverse gallery compresses the images less (and doesn't require taking the SD card out).

If you have homebrew, you can use that to save lossless PNG images, although the resolution will still only be 240p.

What kind of 3DS do you have?

3DS XL ^^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, they'll look bad. People have had quite good results using this - http://waifu2x.udp.jp

I also recommend you don't save screenshots with ACNL's L + R buttons.

Saving to your Miiverse gallery compresses the images less (and doesn't require taking the SD card out).

If you have homebrew, you can use that to save lossless PNG images, although the resolution will still only be 240p.

aahh yes thank you so muchhh <3 i checked out waifu its all good hehe

Yeah I found that saving to Miiverse helps but I hate loading it up for every photo. I usually screenshot using L+R and then pop it in photoshop and use noise reduction.

A lot of tumblr bloggers use miiverse for the pictures. Elle from ellesanimalhaven on tumblr has a really nice guide HERE
It's what I used to start taking screenshots and they look a ton better! You can also get pictures of the touch screen this way too.

I have been wondering how people got all those amazing looking screenshots when mine come out all jaggedy and rubbish! Thank you for these tips!

Back