• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

happy St. Patrick's Day!

King Dorado

you can do anything
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Rebel Gnome
Fossil Easter Egg
Ladybug Easter Egg
Paradise Planning Easter Egg
Splat Easter Egg
Fossil Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
how do people celebrate where you live?
:confused:

in my town there's a parade (although i've never been, heh).
they also dye the river green.

me personally, i'm looking forward to having some corned beef brisket, cabbage, and Guinness stout, that's all I need...

I was going to get the bus to Dublin because I've never been to the parade in town before but decided against it because the traffic is going to be horrendous. Might just go to the pub for a few drinks tonight instead (first drink is free for anyone wearing green ;) )

Can somebody tell me exactly what St. patrick's Day really is? Being from the Netherlands, I don't really celebrate it. Not sure how people celebrate it in other countries, either.

i don't celebrate or take any notice of it although my dad's Irish. i used to visit my grandmother years ago because of it and that was it

Can somebody tell me exactly what St. patrick's Day really is? Being from the Netherlands, I don't really celebrate it. Not sure how people celebrate it in other countries, either.

It's basically to celebrate St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, who is credited with converting Ireland to Christianity with his work as a missionary in the 5th century. The day itself has kind of evolved into a celebration of Ireland and its people (and an excuse to go out to parades and consume copious amounts of alcohol :p )

We celebrate with a parade and we get the day off☺ I'm personally celebrating by spending 45 minutes on hold trying to get a sewage problem that's affecting the whole terrace fixed .I'm over this day already!

There's a parade in the city (Melbourne) on the weekend, and the parade route ends at a concert setup in a park. Live music, irish dancing, and misc wandering entertainment goes on all afternoon. I haven't been able to go in the past couple of years, and I'm not sure I'll make it this year either.

All the pubs have special events on, mostly featuring live music and lots of alcohol lol.

Sl?inte!

Last edited:
I really just want to make a mean grasshopper shake but I can't cause I'm working. =[

C61j6BvXUAAhyqH.jpg

happy birthday, cheri!

i've always hated st. patrick's day because in elementary and middle school, i didn't really care enough about it to wear green and i always got pinched and it was soo annoying, and just made me hate it more and more throughout the years :)
other than that, i've never really "celebrated" it or anything.

oops, I forgot its Lent and today is a day of fasting and abstinence. Looks like me corned beef and cabbage will be tomorrow's fare.

HAPPY POTATOS DAY MY IRISH BRETHREN!

My family doesn't celebrate it and I really don't hear much celebration besides the radio saying "Happy St. Patrick's Day!" Maybe I should have a few drinks tonight to celebrate. It's Friday too so what the hay? haha

i've always hated st. patrick's day because in elementary and middle school, i didn't really care enough about it to wear green and i always got pinched and it was soo annoying, and just made me hate it more and more throughout the years :)

Omg same here!! This one time in middle school I forgot to wear green, and I got pinched so many times that I literally came home with bleeding marks all over my skin. I cried so hard that day and ever since then, I've hated St. Patricks day so much.

Omg same here!! This one time in middle school I forgot to wear green, and I got pinched so many times that I literally came home with bleeding marks all over my skin. I cried so hard that day and ever since then, I've hated St. Patricks day so much.

Wait, you get pinched if you don't wear green? How come?

why do they celebrate st patrick's day outside of ireland??? :consfused: it's like celebrating st david's day outside of wales.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait, what???? that sounds like bullying lmao owch.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I USED TO SKIP SCHOOL EVERY FIRST DAY OF THE MONTH SO I WOULDN'T GET PINCHED AND PUNCHED

Hmm... I might grab a shamrock shake from McDonald's tomorrow if they aren't out yet (they sometimes keep selling them past St. Patrick's day). I've never really done anything for the Holiday, except for maybe post Irish memes and wear green.

potato-stamp-shamrock-cards-slide.jpg

Back