New animal crossing game for the Nintendo switch?!

Yes, please. Been waiting for this since the Animal Crossing Plaza app on Wii U was made downloadable (it's gone now though). My body (and switch) is ready :)

Go ahead, call me crazy...but I LOVED the WIIU...I wasn't the BIGGEST WII fan but that was due mostly to the whole Nun chuck controller, and when I got the WIIU I was like "This is the IDEAL console for an amazing AC game!" I mean COME ON!! The game pad was PERFECT for the whole "Pocket/stuff/tools" view...right?! But the WIIU AC game never appeared (unless you call AMIIBO FESTIVAL an AC game, which I don't really...)

I have been an AVID NINTENDO player since it CAME OUT!!! Like when I was 2 I literally got my first Nintendo console back in 1986 (it was for my sisters 5th bday) and from the moment I saw Princess Peach I was HOOKED!!! My ALL TIME, EVER, FAVORITE GAME is EARTHBOUND of SNES, and POKEMON SNAP on the 64!!!! So buying a Switch is kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinda mandatory cause our daughters who are 7 and 3 are also lil gamers and want one BADLY!!! I wish I knew how to post videos on here, I gotta show yall how my 3 yo kicks butt and gets baby gamer rage while playing Mario Kart8 and Super Smash Bro. its AMAZING LOL
(my husband is a ZELDA addict and therefor will buy it simply to play BoTW on a new console lol)
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyways......so for ME...as long as an AC game is coming out for this console I will def be purchasing it...but I'm not gonna lie, I haven't been hearing the best reviews about it (but I don't EVER judge movies, games, music albums, or consoles by reviews)....and prolly wouldn't have been amped to get it at ALL had there NOT been an AC game!!

What negative reviews? Most Switch reviews I've seen are pretty mediocre. With the main complaints being about memory and frame rate drops. There are some instances where the border of the screen gets scratched when placing in the dock, but not a lot of people seem to have that problem. Overall, the reviews seem to be fine.

I'm confused by that statement. Just because the console got negative views means that the game will not be bad at all? Umm... logic?

Anyways, I kinda hope they do make an AC game for the Switch. It'd be the only reason why I'd buy a Switch, alongside Super Mario Odyssey (if that turns out to be good). At this point, it would be weird if they released the next game on the 3DS since Nintendo are trying to sell the Switch.

When I say this, I'm talking about even if the switch is bad, (unless the devs completely destroy the formula for an AC game) it has to be amazing regardless, therefore I'm happy to buy a switch to play it ^-^

Also I've got a whole load of money so I really don't care if I buy it for one game (If there's anyone with a tight wallet arguing against me xD)

Isn't anyone else scared about a new game?
We'll all abandon our new leaf towns

And I know many people like the amiiibo
but what if the next game is more dependant on amiibo?
isn't that upsetting for anyone?

Not at all scary or upsetting for me, no. ACNL came out 4/5 years ago (depending on region), and there are lots of people around here who still keep up their ACWW towns, and towns from even earlier entries in the series. For everyone else, change is a part of life. Time moves on and in real life, you either move on or you stagnate.

I think it's unlikely the next proper AC game will *require* amiibo figures/cards to play, as that would drastically reduce the market for the game itself. I don't know what direction the developers are going in for the next game, but I see no reason to fret whilst waiting to find out.

the mobile app is totally connecting with new leaf there wasnt enough in the welcome amiibo update and they know it... also harvey's campground is totally a minor thing even though they made it seem like a big thing, i think this is because the app will have something to do with it! ofc this could all be wrong but im just speculating. plus the time between the speculated release of the next game and the mobile app is pretty long so it only makes sense for them to connect it to new leaf and then make an update for the app to connect to the next game if they choose to. but i am still forever questioning why we're getting an AC app...

If animal crossing was to come out on the Switch, that'll be the only reason I'd go buy one lmao

Neutral about it being released on Switch.
However, I would indeed buy me a Switch if it were released there. D:
If it were on 3DS again, then I would not mind at all. :)
Luckily, the Switch's tablet doesn't need to be near the Console, unlike the Wii U. :(

Last edited:
You guys really need to be patient....

I'm beyond patient.
I hope to god that they take forever to release a new Animal Crossing because I don't have the extra money for the Switch and I don't have wifi.

I think Nintendo is going to release Animal Crossing for Mobile Devices this year. Considering that Nintendo Switch have some kind of compatibility with Mobile Devices it's probable that we get an AC game for Nintendo Switch.

The fact is that in the Switch presentation we don't see anything yet cause the E3 is just ahead and Reggie said that every Nintendo Franchise is going to be part of the Nintendo Switch experience. That give hope not just for the Super Smash Bros. players but to the Animal Crossing ones too.

So yes, i think that in some part of the Nintendo Switch life we're going to get an new Animal Crossing game.

Back