• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you like having your picture taken?

Twisterheart

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Lobo
White Pansy
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
Do you like having your picture taken, or taking pictures of yourself?

I try to avoid having my pictures taken at all cost. If I could destroy every picture of myself out there, I would in a heartbeat because the camera always makes me look terrible. It's weird because when I look in the mirror, I don't think I look so bad. I'm not the best looking out there by any means, but just compared to how I see myself in the mirror and how the camera picks me up it is just so different. I don't know what is happening, but whenever pictures are taken of me my face just looks extremely stretched out and different in a bad way.

How do you feel about it?

I prefer selfies over letting others take my picture 'cause they don't know how to capture my angles.

Although this goes for anyone: If looking in pictures makes you feel bad about yourself because your reflection looks so different, the mirror's the one to trust. Sure you're flipped but what cameras are doing is turning a 3d object with lighting into a 2d image, so they flatten everything out including you. Different lenses will also make you look different so have faith in your mirrors.

I always look way different in photos because I'm normally forced to smile which makes me look like I'm trying to crunch my face up...

If someone ninjas a photo without me knowing I look way better ^-^

Hate it, only I know my angles and lighting. ;D

Noooooooooooope. I've gotten better and will smile but don't you dare show me the photo afterwards. I do NOT want to see it at all or I'll cry and want it deleted asap. I smile in the mirror all the time and love how I look but I always looks weird in photos. I know it's because in photos, it's the opposite of what you see in the mirror, as far as directions go so you look normal to everyone else but I still look weird to me and I don't want to see it.

Last edited:
I hate having my picture taken. I just never, ever look good, especially when someone else is taking the picture. I might look okay in the mirror, but once it's in picture form, even at the exact same angle, suddenly it's hideous. I wish I didn't feel so insecure about it because this has made me miss out on taking photos of really good memories. I don't even like selfies, or looking in reflections on something that isn't a mirror, like the glass on the skytrain, or something. I look terrible lol. It's mainly because my face is pretty fat and my nose is flat and I have no eye folds PLUS, worst of all, my hideous dark circles around my eyes, which ages me a hundred years. So yeah, I really hate pictures, especially when people pressure me like in weddings, family get togethers, or anything. Ugh.

I enjoy taking pictures of myself, but generally I'm not very photogenic, so it's a bit of an effort to get a good snap, and nearly impossible if I happen to be smiling (or worse laughing).

I enjoy taking pictures of myself, but generally I'm not very photogenic, so it's a bit of an effort to get a good snap, and nearly impossible if I happen to be smiling (or worse laughing).

Oh gosh, I hate when I'm laughing! Lol. Ever since a bully likened my smile/laugh to a horse, I never ever smiled or laughed confidently. I always try to cover my mouth. God forbid someone snaps a photo of the incident without my hand shield! Haha :p

i only dislike it because i look terrible in every picture lol
but in selfies i look good.

I'm not big into selfies, and when I force a smile I look weird af, but that being said, I occasionally take a selfie or two when I'm in the mood.

I hate taking pictures of myself, which sucks because I have like no pics from volunteering to show for my portfolio ;;

Not really, but if I need to draw myself, taking a picture helps.

Nope. I hate it. I especially hate it when the person in front of me takes a selfie like nooooo can you not?

Yes, but not when its Snapchat! Gosh I hate that thing.

if i'm aware, sure. angles and knowing your good side are everything; no one can really tell it for you, so i rather be aware and look thinner/prettier than look super bloated and disgusting. other than that, i love having my picture taken, it feels nice to be on someone else's camera roll.

I don't mind selfies or taking pictures when I'm in control of the camera. I have a weird looking smile unless it's genuine so I look like I'm pissed in a lot of family photos. My fiance LOVES taking pictures and snapchats of me, especially when I'm eating so of course it's when I'm looking my best.

Only if it's me or my girlfriend, I guess? I'm not fond of taking a lot of selfies though.

I don't mind having pictures taken, but when someone wants to take photos without my discretion, that's a different story.

i don't take a lot of selfies and i don't mind it but i hated those picture days in school. i never smiled because i thought i'd look bad, so i looked awful and grumpy in all of my pictures that every teacher could see

Last edited:
Back