• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Amy Schumer's Netflix Special

I watched this 'special' JUST FOR YOU GUYS and it was god awful. 90% drug and sex jokes that were beyond sexist. She said to throw a guy off a cliff if he can't 'please' you enough like??? Gross. I watched this with two other women and two men, none of us really laughed at all and it just got more intolerable as it went on. I'm all for dark humor or dirty jokes but like, it was the most poorly written thing I have seen in my life next to the Room.

Thanks for the sacrifice!

I'm okay with a certain level of crassness in my comedy, but it needs to be clever and well done. From this and the articles + comments I've read elsewhere (even Jezebel commentators seem to overwhelmingly dislike this special..), this show fails on both counts. Which is a shame, and it definitely sucks that she's getting so much more flack than a man with similar content would.

Hopefully she'll take the constructive criticism onboard and do better next time. Learning about intersectionality (so, not being a racist ****wit) wouldn't hurt, either.

so what she's saying is no one watched her show because she's irrelevant and she doesn't want to admit it so found a bad excuse and stuck with it

she's a terrible terrible feminist but yes she is a feminist in a way. she just believes that women are better than men and how men should be put down as a side effect of feminism.

that's not feminism

that is called sexism

despite common belief, yes, women can be sexist towards men

lol when will amy schumer and lena dunham stop existing im So sick of them

matbe she should realize that no it's not only the alt right that dislike her, shes disliked by other ppl and it's not because she's a female comedian (though i am sure some people dislike her for being female, but i mean . ppl not liking her jokes and what she does isnt sexism.,) it's bc shes kinda Not Great

i havent even seen any of her comedy i just dislike her for what shes said and that shes still seen portrayed as a feminist icon by people who Loev white feminism and by people who want to hate on feminism as an ideology and talk abt how feminism as a whole is Bad.

when will she stop blaming the negative reactions she get for what she does on sexism and actually realize that she's Problematic?

i have a hard time finding any comedian funny and some of the "jokes" she's said are awful. i can have a dark sense of humour but some of the things she says are really unfunny and gross

Honestly I don't know how she even got her name out there. Ellen DeGeneres is hilarious. Amy Schumer is not in the slightest. I can't help but think it might be in part because she has a political family member.

Thanks for the sacrifice!

I'm okay with a certain level of crassness in my comedy, but it needs to be clever and well done. From this and the articles + comments I've read elsewhere (even Jezebel commentators seem to overwhelmingly dislike this special..), this show fails on both counts. Which is a shame, and it definitely sucks that she's getting so much more flack than a man with similar content would.

Hopefully she'll take the constructive criticism onboard and do better next time. Learning about intersectionality (so, not being a racist ****wit) wouldn't hurt, either.

I don't have much knowledge of Amy but yikes, I'll think I'll skip that one. Thank you for your time :)

From this and the articles + comments I've read elsewhere (even Jezebel commentators seem to overwhelmingly dislike this special..) [...]

You know, I hate Jezebel, but it is interesting to find that they can't even toss her a thumbs up. I do wonder if she would ever learn from this experience, retrospectively, or if she'll continue to let pride blind her and stunt her growth.

'my ***** smells... like a barnyard animal, okay?
'machine- gun ****ting out of my ass'
'all my holes, **** coming out all my holes'
'if i take one step, all the material shoots up my *****'

Amy Schumer is just not funny, she's blaming this on trolls when it is her own pathetic failure that got her the bad ratings.

Back