• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Finally buying Club Tortimer Membership...

Mythicalhoopa

despacease your actions
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Red Tulip
Cherry (Fruit)
Mint
Leif
Kirby Easter Egg
Flea
Lobo
Yellow Candy
Pear (Fruit)
Winter Mittens
I'm finally facing my fears and buying the stupid thing because it won't go away.
What should I expect...?:confused:

Some cool exclusive items too. Hopefully you won't have to deal with some horror stories and meet some cool people. :)

I don't understand the horror stories.
I thought the worst that can happen is someone forces to give them cash?
Wasn't that fixed?

Watch out for the Flirting Sessions. :(

I've met many awesome people through CT, however you'll also find 12-15 year old boys that will try to flirt with you as well as people that will beg you for bells. While it's annoying, all you have to do is go on a tour or go back home to get away from them! Other than that, CT is super fun! Maybe we'll run into one another one day!! c:

Bell beggars for sure, but there are really nice people in Club Tortimer as well. It can be annoying, but still fun too. I know I'm going to buy it again when I go to my Island

I never had issues with people there! Met someone very respectful and nice there actually. They paid off a PWP in my town. I mostly just go to play the games and to buy the exclusive items though, and I don't go a lot so my experience could be skewed!

online isn't great, if i ever decide to go on Club Tortimer i usually go to my own country since i always have to practice my language skills. i mostly meet Japanese people who are very quiet or try to communicate but i don't know Japanese at all so it makes everything awkward. there are a few people who make a real big effort which i appreciate. there was this girl who tried to ask me questions in english such as "what time?" "how you are today?" it was really sweet and i stayed with her for a while.
expect a lot of young people though and i mean around 8-13. a lot of them are fine but sometimes they can be an irritating bunch and i wish that there was a system where you could play with others your own age.

Last edited:
Well I've been trapped on CT islands - not being able to take a boat back home & not being able to go on a tour - I think the other player has opened their inventory and rather than be held hostage - I error & usually very fast, I don't engage.

I think with the update you can press an icon and end the session even if the other player has their inventory open - I don't know for sure - have not been since update to find out how it works. I do know it only works if you are in the hut, so if your are blocked outside (is that possible?) you are still stuck.

I've only ever gone to CT islands with an old 3ds XL which has a wifi switch. If I went with my new 3ds XL, and needed to get out fast, personally I would just move away from the router's range (I know its range so can do this) rather than powering off the unit itself.

You can get rid of that pesky CT membership form from your own island, - temporarily - if you have a visitor to your town and you go to your island together it gets replaced by another item. And of course you never see the CT membership form on CT islands.

Depending on what timezone your in, you may just get empty islands or one other person who is idle and carrying on with their own thing. I've never had a bad experience, Just a lot of Japanese people and idle people.

Good luck talking to japanese people who doesn't understand and know how to speak English XD Nah, I got a handful of fun experience there :)

I've had mostly good experiences at Club Tortimer. There are some very nice people on there, and if I found someone that I wanted to play with I'd exchange friend codes with them. There are some rude people on there, and bell beggars, but Nintendo easily remedied the part where people could start a tour, and basically trap you there unless you reset. Plus, there are plenty of rare items on the island!

You can meet some cool people. A lot of the people are younger 11-15 but on occasion you can meet a cool 23 year old who is me.

like others have said, its like going on an internet forum with no rules, you will meet some cool people, some people minding their own business, and some people who are jerks. there will be some people who beg, some people who act annoying when you just want to fish/bughunt or go on tours, and some people who bug you about how much they want a boyfriend or girlfriend. But you will als omeet some pretty cool people to go on tours with, or to text with, or even to trade friend codes with. I met a really cool lady from Japan and we visited each others towns a few times (but then my 3DS broke and i lost the friend codes). you can also get all that Island-exclusive stuff for your collection or to trade here for tbt or items. all in all its definitely worth it

Back