Brainstorming: Brand new features for future games?

I'd really like some more interactive furniture, like being able to drink from cups or cook in the kitchen maybe...Also I'd like separate space for tools so they don't take up room in my pocket.

Editted to add: I think it would be really good to have more options for pwp that maybe you can customise, and that are maybe easier to get than having to wait for villagers to suggest them. I've always wanted to make more services in my town, particularly since HHD. Like being able to make schools, hospitals, hotels, concert halls, police office, fire station, shops, bars, restaurants, cafe's etc and then being able to design what they look like, then maybe they can have different events revolved around them like KK slider or some new NPC's doing concerts etc. On new leaf I made my extra characters houses into a Hotel, hospital and day care/school.

Last edited:
I think the map should be this huge, expansive area of land where you get a full, 3D view of everything, just in the art style of Animal Crossing. Now, I know it would seem like it would take forever to do things, but here me out. Most of this stuff is repeated in previous threads, but I love talking about my hopes for the game.

• A waypoint system that can "teleport" you to a particular area of town. Maybe Kapp'n running a taxi service with a motorcycle and a sidecar for you to ride in?
• A new arrival montage that could be fun to implement. What if our map is just one big island? We could arrive by boat, plane, or hot air balloon.
• The villagers are bit more autonomous and animated. We can see them do more things, like excercisng, reading books, using a scooter, leaving and entering homes, hanging out with each other, and so on. I felt like villagers in NL only did a couple of things: walk, start a conversation with another villager, fish, catch bugs or shake trees. I want to see them do more.
• Please dump Porter and bring back Champ! He is one of my favorite villagers ever and was robbed of being a part of New Leaf.
• Definitely an increase in building options, like those found in HHD.
• An option for vegetation would be nice. Lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, etc.
• Ditch the 8 personality types and introduce traits so each villager is even more unique than before. Monique could still be "Snooty" but also "Peppy" and "Cautious" or Hornsby can be "Lazy" but also "Shy" and "Selfish" etc.

Back