• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Your opinion on The Big Bang Theory? (Not the god damn show)

Interesting concept. Now before I say anything, I'd like to say that all my information of the subject is from a book I read in Grade 3, that essentially the Big Bang is a ****ty TV show a massive explosion that fuels the universe. Now, I'm not a religious boy; I don't truly believe in some form of higher power, mostly 'cause I was born in a rather scientific environment (despite my parents and grandparents being Sikh). It certainly makes sense to some degree, but kinda doesn't? 'Cause there's gotta be a way for that explosion to have started, and that's what we don't understand. We can't understand the past because we weren't there to witness it.

the big bang happened for sure, but it doesnt rule out the existence of a greater power or creator. (i say this as an atheist)

Last edited:
I think it's plausible. However, I -- like everyone else -- do not know how the universe started. It's really quite mind blowing that the universe is even a thing and to think of how it started gives me a major headache. I do believe in the big bang theory, though. It's one of the only theories that make sense to me.

My opinion of the "Big Bang Theory" is that it is solid science.

I think that a lot of people don't understood what a scientific "theory" is, and what it takes to have the amount of evidence required to be one. It's not at all the same thing as the way we use "theory" in casual conversation (meaning, an idea or random explanation for something). I think that science literacy is very important and I wish that it, along with critical thinking skills, were emphasised more during primary and secondary schooling around the world.

Back