• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

who here likes staying in a hospital?

HungryForCereal

if it was you I'd never want to leave...
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pink Summer Shell
Mint
Pavé
I do. ya, i know its weird for someone to like staying in a hospital but i just kinda do. I just returned from a week stay in a hospital and im already missing the nurses and and the bed. tbh the bed i had in my ward was comfortable and the nurses who make me feel cared for when they check in on me regularly and making sure i was comfortable.

Last edited:
I've never been in a hospital other than day operations, but it's something I've always wished I could do. Everyone always tells me that I don't want to, and once it happens I'll hate it, but for some reason the thought of it seems so chill and relaxing in an oddly weird way, lol.

I think the main thing is the food. I know everyone complains about how bad it is, but whenever I've gone in for the day and they've fed me, or I know someone who's in and they've had food, it always looks nice, and whenever I've eaten it I've enjoyed it. Maybe I'm just weird.

A lot of people hate going to hospitals because they're thought to be sad places with death and illness, but I hate going to them because I have this connotation in my head that they are filled with germs. Well because they have a lot of sick people in them (obviously), but they have to be clean in order to care for them so it's a bit of a stupid thought. Im really just a germ freak. That being said I've never even stayed in hospital, but I can imagine I wouldn't like it.

Last edited:
I don't like hospitals at all. I have never stayed in one for long but I hate doctor's offices and hospitals and any medical building. It makes me feel like I'm gonna either faint or throw up.

I hate it. I've been in the hospital too many times and I always hate it.
Shoutout to my local hospital for traumatizing me forever lmao.

The only time I've stayed overnight in a hospital was quite strange honestly. I was on a drip and the nurse forgot something so left a giant needle and bloody bag thing on me for a while and I fainted? It was about 3am when I was put in a ward and was knackered. Of course, I had to be put in a ward with an old man who would NOT STOP SHOUTING FOR THE NURSES. HE kept complaining that he needed water but every single time they had to explain they could only give him a sip as there was fluid in his lungs and there was a risk that the water he was drinking may add to it. Of course, I didn't sleep that night.
In the morning I was greeted to a room of 3 old men (this was a mixed ward that I agreed to being okay with). All but one (guess which one) were lovely and one even gave me a hug on the way out.
Man 1 claimed he was a professional gambler and was convinced he was not ill, though he couldn't stand to go to the bathroom which was right next to his bed. In fact, he was adamant he should be let out so the nurse asked him to try to go to the toilet on his own. Of course, the nurses were right, he fainted whilst on the can and crashed face first onto the floor and the nurse coded him. This was the first time I had ever seen someone go literally as white as a sheet and let me just say its very disturbing. All the blood in him had drained from his upper half and he was blue-grey. They managed to wake him up after putting him in bed and he tried to claim the nurses had pushed him over and grabbed him when he was on the can. (what a goof)
Man 2 was freaking HILARIOUS and we were instant temp-buddies despite him being minimum 50 years my senior. He had a walker that he had decked out to look like a car. Not just any car though. HE HAD DECKED IT OUT TO LOOK LIKE A FERRARI! I SWEAR TO GOD. I wish I had a phone so I could have gotten a photo! There were little wing mirrors, it was painted red and had Ferrari logos all over it. Upon him telling me about it, he said it was the slowest Ferrari in the world, reaching a maximum of 6MPH.
I have no idea why they were admitted and felt it rude to ask. I hope they all got out okay and are getting better though.

I despise hospitals! they look and smell like **** and the atmosphere is beyond cold and depressing. I spent one day at the hospital and fortunately I was pretty much asleep my whole stay and when I woke up I left.

Last edited:
I think it wouldn't be such a bad thing... but my experience was after surgery so I felt awful. I had to slowly move around wearing only the white/blue gown thingy and a pair of diaper things that had this yellow stuff all over them (I assure you it wasn't my yellow stuff (I think it was used during surgery...)). So when someone asks about stating in a hospital I think of that and say...

No thank you ^-^

there was a BIG hospital that my brother went to when he fell off his bike! it was so much fun i liked it a lot but idk how i would feel if i was injured and had to go i bet i would still like it

I like the smell sometimes haha and for some reason, I find it comfortable to hangout inside the room (if I'm not the patient, of course) but not actually spend the night and sleep though.

I wouldn't want to be in hospital any longer than what was necessary. There are people who would need my bed after I've used it, so the sooner I can go home, the sooner somebody else can take it.

Being in a hospital in fun. I've been in fix to six mental hospitals, in an ICU, and in there for others things such as getting blood drawn, picking up medication, visiting, et cetera. It's not fun.

Oh nope, spent my fair share of time in Hospitals with my Dad. Impossible to sleep in the uncomfortable chairs especially with nurses popping in every hour or so (I understand why). Not that I despise hospitals, I just prefer my bed at home. But I can see how it can be...relaxing I suppose 'specially when it's empty and quiet.

Never have. I'd probably hate it though considering I'm unconfortable any place outside of home

me. the nurses are generally nice, they care for you and help you with everything and make sure you're entertained or comfortable. the food they serve is super yummy (maybe just at stanford?) and the server's are nice as well (i think i go there too often so i get good food). the person beside is also rlly nice, at least all the experiences i have had with it. continuing on, i think it's the most chill thing to be sick and have someone care for you bc you can't. it's the best when you don't have to worry about anything but letting your body heal you. you can play video games all day and you have people taking care of you, telling you not to move around, and to sleep and not worry about anything? literally the best.

I've never been in a hospital other than day operations, but it's something I've always wished I could do. Everyone always tells me that I don't want to, and once it happens I'll hate it, but for some reason the thought of it seems so chill and relaxing in an oddly weird way, lol.

I think the main thing is the food. I know everyone complains about how bad it is, but whenever I've gone in for the day and they've fed me, or I know someone who's in and they've had food, it always looks nice, and whenever I've eaten it I've enjoyed it. Maybe I'm just weird.

honestly, when I stayed for 2 weeks, the food at my hospital was actually really good, with a decent selection. me being the grown child i am, i always got chicken fingers for lunch with a little gravy on the side, and it was total bliss among the chaos while i was there XD

Back