• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

who here likes staying in a hospital?

I had to stay three days in a hospital last year because I got into a car accident. I was fine, I just had some bad bruising and I was really sore but they wanted to do MRI to make sure I was okay since I hit the side of the door in my chest/rib cage area. I ended up waiting for two days just for the tests they did even though I knew nothing was broken so I was in a bad mood the entire time. Especially since I'm the type of person who wants to take care of themselves and I didn't like nurses coming in to check on me every hour when I knew I was going to be okay.

To answer your question I didn't like staying there. It was basically an expensive hotel with annoying room service, and I couldn't sleep comfortably and accidentally pulled my IV out several times. I wasn't a fan of the food either, I just had my fiance bring me food and snacks from home :p Everything smelled like bleach and they wouldn't let me get up to take a shower so I was miserable the entire time.

Last edited:
Me not , they are depressing.

Good thing last time i visited a big Hospital was in 2011 , im a pretty healthy person:blush:

Yeah I do. I've been an inpatient in a mental health hospital and I loved it. I felt like I wasn't alone with my mental disorders. The food was amazing and getting a lot of reading done was awesome.

I have had wayyy too many hospital admissions, so luckily I don't mind staying in hospital. I won't say I enjoy it, but it certainly beats the alternative.

The best things about being on a ward are the regular mealtimes and the fact that food and laundering happen with little-to-no effort on my part (just ticking the menu items and moving to sit in a chair whilst the bed is made).

Yeah I do. I've been an inpatient in a mental health hospital and I loved it. I felt like I wasn't alone with my mental disorders. The food was amazing and getting a lot of reading done was awesome.

i was admitted into a mental hospital when i was sixteen and i didnt like it there at all. I was basically cut off from society and no electronics were allowed in the ward. So when i was bored, the only thing i could do was read. The books there weren't even that interesting so i had to deal with my boredom which was hell because i needed some brain stimulation. Im the type that cant stand boredom. I wasnt allowed outside to play with the other kids too because i was kept on close watch because i was suicidal and the nurses afraid i would do dangerous things if they let me outside even though there were some nurses outside. So being kept inside made me even more depressed and i wanted fresh air but i couldnt and i could only walk around the ward. Meals werent that good either i remember but its not that bad either.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i only like those normal hospitals, not the mental hospitals.

I've never had to stay in a hospital overnight as far as I can remember, and I wouldn't want to stay in one either. But if I get seriously sick or injured, then I guess there's no place I'd rather be than a hospital.

Last edited:
I mean, assuming I'm not in extreme pain or anything like that, yea I would. Laying in bed all day watching TV is pretty nice lol.

i was admitted into a mental hospital when i was sixteen and i didnt like it there at all. I was basically cut off from society and no electronics were allowed in the ward. So when i was bored, the only thing i could do was read. The books there weren't even that interesting so i had to deal with my boredom which was hell because i needed some brain stimulation. Im the type that cant stand boredom. I wasnt allowed outside to play with the other kids too because i was kept on close watch because i was suicidal and the nurses afraid i would do dangerous things if they let me outside even though there were some nurses outside. So being kept inside made me even more depressed and i wanted fresh air but i couldnt and i could only walk around the ward. Meals werent that good either i remember but its not that bad either.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i only like those normal hospitals, not the mental hospitals.

I could play my DS games (not 3DS because that had a camera on it) and I brought in my own books. That's one of the reasons I liked it -- it wasn't too strict.

Back