Two digital copies?

Kristenn

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
1517-7342-3324
So I have a balance in eShop and I have no clue what to do with it. I only really play acnl...... So I was thinking I should get another copy of the game. I've heard that the amiibo version of acnl is considered a different game from the original. Has anyone done this successfully?

You cannot have two digital copies of the game, to the best of my knowledge, and even if you could post-update, you still will run into problems. Old versions of AC must be updated in order to use online features like the Dream Suite or to visit other towns, so you'd be forever stuck with a limited town. I have no firsthand experience, though, so maybe I'm wrong!

You cannot have two digital copies of the game, to the best of my knowledge, and even if you could post-update, you still will run into problems. Old versions of AC must be updated in order to use online features like the Dream Suite or to visit other towns, so you'd be forever stuck with a limited town. I have no firsthand experience, though, so maybe I'm wrong!

Thank you!! I saw another post of and have heard mixed things about it. But apparently it works as separate games since they have different icons and everything. Your game can be updated and still work but the welcome amiibo acts like a whole new game (according to what I found online since the original wasn't originally the welcome amiibo version). No one has really put out clear answers and I have no idea! Afraid to mess up my game, but thank you for your input :) I'll wait on it

Thank you!! I saw another post of and have heard mixed things about it. But apparently it works as separate games since they have different icons and everything. Your game can be updated and still work but the welcome amiibo acts like a whole new game (according to what I found online since the original wasn't originally the welcome amiibo version). No one has really put out clear answers and I have no idea! Afraid to mess up my game, but thank you for your input :) I'll wait on it

It was confirmed on the other thread that it works :) But just consider the fact that if you have 2 digital copies, you cannot trade between the two towns.

You know you can update your original version even if it's a cartridge right? It sounds like you may or may not have known. So sorry if you know and I'm repeating stuff! But you wouldn't have to buy a new copy if you want to try the welcome amiibo update. And if you didn't like it I think you can just delete the update from your 3ds save files. I think.

It was confirmed on the other thread that it works :) But just consider the fact that if you have 2 digital copies, you cannot trade between the two towns.
Which post was this?? :eek:

- - - Post Merge - - -

You know you can update your original version even if it's a cartridge right? It sounds like you may or may not have known. So sorry if you know and I'm repeating stuff! But you wouldn't have to buy a new copy if you want to try the welcome amiibo update. And if you didn't like it I think you can just delete the update from your 3ds save files. I think.

Thank you! My game is updated lol, I'm wondering about having two digital copies of the game.(Two diff towns) The original game even after the update is still considered "acnl" while the updated one RIGHT from the start in the eShop is "acnlWELCOME Amiibo" I saw on google that since they're different games (even after you update the original) so you can have two digitals! (but still looking for someone who's done it lol)

I forgot which thread it was, but somebody was asking the same thing as you, if this was possible. Anyway, they ended up doing it and then confirmed that it worked. They have different icons too. Sorry, I can't find the source as it was about a month ago (not sure).. You can try looking for it in my recent posts, if you have the patience and if the post is recorded there still. Or just do a search. I can't remember the key words though. >.<

Here's another thread with the same question: Click me!

Apparently the OP was able to successfully have 2 digital copies! So it is possible.

Last edited:
Back