• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Criticism and validation for my AMAZING dream town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ekcriptia is right. You are being ridiculous. Blah is a nice way of say boring.

Your town doesn't have a single decorated room...boring

The exteriors of your houses are original...boring.

You have multiples of the same PWPs instead of a variety of them...boring

There isn't any thoughtfulness or planning to your town layout...boring

It's blah. You asked for opinions and when you got one you didn't like you had a tantrum. How old are you? Do your parents know you're on this forum?

Last edited:
I can understand why you would feel upset about all of this. When you work on something hard for a long time and find out that people don't like it, it feels like all of your hard work was all for nothing. Hearing criticism can be hard, that's true. I had this problem so much when I was a kid, because I drew a lot and used to feel hurt by other people's criticisms of my work.

However, I quickly learnt that if I didn't listen to others advice, I wouldn't grow up as an artist. It was hard hearing this sort of stuff at first, but once I started to listen to people, I improved very quickly. I'm very happy with where I am at as an artist now, and it's mostly thanks to criticism.

The same thing applies to ACNL landscaping. If you don't accept other's criticism, you are only going to frustrate everybody around you, because you're so hellbent on not visiting other people's dream towns and you don't take people's advice to actually improve. We really want to help you improve, but if you're going to respond to people like this, then there really is no point in making this thread in the first place.

Actually, I really don't like most peoples dream towns. They make me frustrated because they don't know how to decorate. Well thanks for you're criticism

Btw. I just visited your town. And it's basically my town but not as nice

Could you be more specific about why you don't like most people's dream towns? You say that these people don't know how to decorate, but that is far too vague. Do you dislike the themes of most people's dream towns? Or do you dislike how they decorate with trees/PWPs/bushes/flowers/etc.? Or is it the houses or villagers?

A lot of people (myself included) look to other people's dream towns for inspiration, which says to me that these people know how to landscape a town properly.

Last edited:
I've already apologized for everything I felt bad about. But for the most part, I haven't lost confidence in myself or my arguments. It seems this thread will continue to escalate to more anger and teaming up and I doubt any of my defending myself will change that. I feel really strongly about the majortity of my opinions and I doubt you guys can change my mind. I really did do my best in this argument being patient, mature, and understanding and I think I succeeded.

I know this is kinda rude but I strongly think the majority of you have the credentials to criticize my town
That's the last thing I'll say in this thread. Hopefully some people will understand

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can understand why you would feel upset about all of this. When you work on something hard for a long time and find out that people don't like it, it feels like all of your hard work was all for nothing. Hearing criticism can be hard, that's true. I had this problem so much when I was a kid, because I drew a lot and used to feel hurt by other people's criticisms of my work.

However, I quickly learnt that if I didn't listen to others advice, I wouldn't grow up as an artist. It was hard hearing this sort of stuff at first, but once I started to listen to people, I improved very quickly. I'm very happy with where I am at as an artist now, and it's mostly thanks to criticism.

The same thing applies to ACNL landscaping. If you don't accept other's criticism, you are only going to frustrate everybody around you, because you're so hellbent on not visiting other people's dream towns and you don't take people's advice to actually improve. We really want to help you improve, but if you're going to respond to people like this, then there really is no point in making this thread in the first place.

Could you be more specific about why you don't like most people's dream towns? You say that these people don't know how to decorate, but that is far too vague. Do you dislike the themes of most people's dream towns? Or do you dislike how they decorate with trees/PWPs/bushes/flowers/etc.? Or is it the houses or villagers?

A lot of people (myself included) look to other people's dream towns for inspiration, which says to me that these people know how to landscape a town properly.

You're really nice and understanding XD
but I thought I made it clear that I do take critisism well. I don't understand why it's so hard to get why I was offended by Toliesamarie's second post. It seemed rude to me.

i give your town 6/10

i think the path idea was interesting but it had no sense of direction, i think it would be better if it had borders

the player houses were out of order and had no theme(s), as well as not having much of an exterior

the random flowers scattered everywhere made the town have more of a messy feel than anything else.

there were random gems and dig-spots on the floor as well as the beehive on one of the bridges (which i thought was kinda funny), adding to the messy vibe

i feel like the pwp's didnt have a whole lot of thought to them, they seemed like they were just put into random spots.

overall i feel like i was lost in someone's messy room (or town in this case), even making me feel a little dizzy. its not that bad of a town but it does need a bit more work. this was not meant to be rude in any way, i just thought id give my "2 cents" on this town, you dont have to completely change your town because of my opinion, its your town do whatever makes you happy.

i give your town 6/10

i think the path idea was interesting but it had no sense of direction, i think it would be better if it had borders

the player houses were out of order and had no theme(s), as well as not having much of an exterior

the random flowers scattered everywhere made the town have more of a messy feel than anything else.

there were random gems and dig-spots on the floor as well as the beehive on one of the bridges (which i thought was kinda funny), adding to the messy vibe

i feel like the pwp's didnt have a whole lot of thought to them, they seemed like they were just put into random spots.

overall i feel like i was lost in someone's messy room (or town in this case), even making me feel a little dizzy. its not that bad of a town but it does need a bit more work. this was not meant to be rude in any way, i just thought id give my "2 cents" on this town, you dont have to completely change your town because of my opinion, its your town do whatever makes you happy.

Thanks but I don't think I'll change my paths

I was hoping for advice and ratings ignoring the houses and a bit of the messy gems, holes, and other stuff that shouldn't be there
It was good advice though

Thanks but I don't think I'll change my paths

I was hoping for advice and ratings ignoring the houses and a bit of the messy gems, holes, and other stuff that shouldn't be there
It was good advice though

my advice is to maybe clean up abit then update your DA

I agree with Teabagel on everything, especially the messy part. Your town is nice but the random flowers and trees everywhere, along with dropped items and holes make it look cluttered in my opinion. I know you said that is what you like best, but we just have different tastes when if comes to that stuff. Keep your town the way you want it, but that's just my thoughts. Also several spots like where Prince's house used to be is pretty empty and that area especially looks cluttered and just kind of thrown together, no offense.

Glad you changed the red flowers around Tom's house to white though. Looks tons better.

Try putting the stonge henge where Prince's house was, if you don't already have one. And then go from there. Idk just an idea since that area is empty. Thought maybe a big pwp could help make that space look better

Last edited:
be the bigger person and rather than call out people for being rude then try to be rude back, listen to people's opinions and try to understand where they're coming from. you're acting as if people shouldn't criticise you because their towns aren't up to your personal standards. i don't know why you were asking for criticism if you try to debunk and disagree with everyone who's trying to help you improve.

Things seem weird on this thread
Maybe I didn't update my dream town

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just updated my town. The area where prince's house shouldn't be empty. It might have been a while since I updated haha

Last edited:
I also think that someone who refuses to visit other people's towns because their lack of decorating skill "frustrates you too much", has a lot of nerve asking other people to visit his town.

And I wasn't going to mention it, but since you are so critical of other people's towns, I have to say that your map is terrible. If I were you I'd reset and start your town over.

Last edited:
I also think that someone who refuses to visit other people's towns because their lack of decorating skill "frustrates you too much", has a lot of nerve asking other people to visit his town.

And I wasn't going to mention it, but since you are so critical of other people's towns, I have to say that your map is terrible. If I were you I'd reset and start your town over.

yea i think that river was a bit too long and has too many turns

I visited again to see the update and it looks way better than the previous version I visited. It looks very nice and I like the changes, and I like how you changed the empty spot that I was talking about earlier. Looks very pretty

Your clover/ heart path really is quite lovely, and I see that you made it yourself. Great job. It's so simple, yet looks so nice. I really like the area in front of fauna's house. You've decorated very nicely around each villagers homes.

I was skeptical of this thread because of the title (seemed a bit egotistical), but I came in thinking maybe they're just being sarcastic and want advice on how to make their town better, but nope, my initial thought was correct. I haven't visited and honestly I kind of don't want to after seeing your reactions to people's criticism. It kind of seems pointless to try and help you when you don't want it and really you just want validation because you think your town is amazing and a million times better than other people's. Am I proud of my towns (all 5 of them), sure, but there are towns out there that are better, and that's okay. There have been people who haven't liked things in my town when I've shared my DA, and it's perfectly within their right to give their opinion if I asked for it. Often times it's little things they tell me to work on, and I take them into consideration and decide what to change because typically when I post my DA and ask for opinions it's because I have some things I don't like, and I want to see if other people notice the things I don't like to gauge whether or not they're an actual problem or if it's just me being picky. Don't put "Criticism" in your thread title if you don't want it because criticism comes in all forms, good and bad. If all you want is people to tell you your town is beautiful and amazing, name your thread "Validate me." That's my two cents for this thread. Maybe I'll visit your DA later and give my opinion, but otherwise I'm off to decorate my towns so that I can update my own DAs and ask for opinions on how to make them better. Hope you have a good one.

Last edited:
I was skeptical of this thread because of the title (seemed a bit egotistical), but I came in thinking maybe they're just being sarcastic and want advice on how to make their town better, but nope, my initial thought was correct. I haven't visited and honestly I kind of don't want to after seeing your reactions to people's criticism. It kind of seems pointless to try and help you when you don't want it and really you just want validation because you think your town is amazing and a million times better than other people's. Am I proud of my towns (all 5 of them), sure, but there are towns out there that are better, and that's okay. There have been people who haven't liked things in my town when I've shared my DA, and it's perfectly within their right to give their opinion if I asked for it. Often times it's little things they tell me to work on, and I take them into consideration and decide what to change because typically when I post my DA and ask for opinions it's because I have some things I don't like, and I want to see if other people notice the things I don't like to gauge whether or not they're an actual problem or if it's just me being picky. Don't put "Criticism" in your thread title if you don't want it because criticism comes in all forms, good and bad. If all you want is people to tell you your town is beautiful and amazing, name your thread "Validate me." That's my two cents for this thread. Maybe I'll visit your DA later and give my opinion, but otherwise I'm off to decorate my towns so that I can update my own DAs and ask for opinions on how to make them better. Hope you have a good one.
Sorry but I'm not changing my mind. Also, I don't think you tried to be very understanding. Regardless, I'd love your feedback good or bad. Just don't make it so laughable that I feel offended.

Last edited:
I visited your town a while ago and it has definitely improved. There are a few blank areas that I'm not sure you are trying to do with, like in front of Marina's and the space south of the picnic table. I like the names of the human residents, thought it was cute. Like others have mentioned, the town includes your houses, and they're pretty lackluster. Also, the path layout can make make navigating a chore in some areas. But yeah, definitely an improvement from when I last visited.

I visited your town a while ago and it has definitely improved. There are a few blank areas that I'm not sure you are trying to do with, like in front of Marina's and the space south of the picnic table. I like the names of the human residents, thought it was cute. Like others have mentioned, the town includes your houses, and they're pretty lackluster. Also, the path layout can make make navigating a chore in some areas. But yeah, definitely an improvement from when I last visited.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back