• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Criticism and validation for my AMAZING dream town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg lmao everyone's getting offended but I just think it's hilarious the way you act like your town was crafted by God or something XDD

Don't get me wrong, your town is very nice, like a lot of people have said I think you should work on the exteriors of houses to fit your theme. I would get rid of some of the clovers, this is just my preference but I think a lot of clovers can make a town look quite messy. In your town it makes it look like you've tried to cram something in every free space especially due to a lot of similar pwps (I'm sure you haven't, it just looks like that).

Last edited:
I took a look, the one thing that sticks out is how uncoordinated everything is. The flowers and bushes seem totally random to me. I didn't look at the houses.

Omg lmao everyone's getting offended but I just think it's hilarious the way you act like your town was crafted by God or something XDD

Don't get me wrong, your town is very nice, like a lot of people have said I think you should work on the exteriors of houses to fit your theme. I would get rid of some of the clovers, this is just my preference but I think a lot of clovers can make a town look quite messy. In your town it makes it look like you've tried to cram something in every free space especially due to a lot of similar pwps (I'm sure you haven't, it just looks like that).

OMG I love you're advice XD
but could you explain the similar PWPs?

I took a look, the one thing that sticks out is how uncoordinated everything is. The flowers and bushes seem totally random to me. I didn't look at the houses.

This was nice advice XD
But could you explain what you mean by random?
Do you mean how I don't use a single type of bush in some areas or do you mean placement?

Last edited:
Out of topic but can I say that your town map is probably the best layout I've ever seen? Seriously. I need to visit your dream soon!

You should! I visited it before and it was quite lovely. Gave me a few ideas for my own town btw, thank you for that. And oh dear, this thread certainly took a turn. 0-0

But, I'll check out your town Xenon in a little bit and post back here! Oh speaking of which, I forgot completely about the other DA I was supposed to visit. Thanks for the reminder! :)

Last edited:
This was nice advice XD
But could you explain what you mean by random?
Do you mean how I don't use a single type of bush in some areas or do you mean placement?

I mean how the types and colors of both the bushes and flowers seem like a mishmash, throw whatever's in storage together.

I mean how the types and colors of both the bushes and flowers seem like a mishmash, throw whatever's in storage together.

I guess I sorta agree. The only reason it's really like that is because I bought all the bushes myself XD
It's just usually I hate sweet olive because of the season so I try to make them less noticeable
Hydrangea awesome but are overwhelming when they bloom, though I do think they're pretty but it's too much

I guess I love holly's no matter what haha

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, did I succeed in pressing the like button, it kinda looks like I hit a dislike button now lol
I never use like

Last edited:
I don't understand ur feedback

uncomfortable interaction, not likely to trade again

- - - Post Merge - - -

No, I'm not a troll

- - - Post Merge - - -

Are you trolling me?

trolled.jpg

Yeah I never did understand that feedback
I really was trying to be nice and a good trader
Maybe there was a misunderstanding. I would understand why you might think I'm clueless because I this thread but I never understood that feedback at all.

I visited your town and it nice, I like how the path and clovers blend in. I don't understand why there's a dead end by the plaza and by the police station. You are missing some clovers for your paths but the flowers are nice and actually have a pattern to them (for the colors anyways). I assume you'll expand and decorate Parfait's home. Your park is nice but I feel it could use more than a jungle gym and 2 tire toys. Update your dream so there isn't an empty tent space. One last thing is that what's with the big empty space to the left of the plaza? You should add something there. That's all I have to say.

Last edited:
Yeah I never did understand that feedback
I really was trying to be nice and a good trader
Maybe there was a misunderstanding. I would understand why you might think I'm clueless because I this thread but I never understood that feedback at all.

There was no need to give them a negative for that reason :\

I visited your town and it nice, I like how the path and clovers blend in. I don't understand why there's a dead end by the plaza and by the police station. You are missing some clovers for your paths but the flowers are nice and actually have a pattern to them (for the colors anyways). I assume you'll expand and decorate Parfait's home. Your park is nice but I feel it could use more than a jungle gym and 2 tire toys. Update your dream so there isn't an empty tent space. That's all I have to say.

So that's the dead end everone's talking about HAHA wait which dead end is by the plaza?

There was no need to give them a negative for that reason :\

Why not, I was deeply hurt by that. I really think I was perfectly nice. I was worried it would cause things like you thinking I'm a troll and I think that's cruel. She never gave me an explanation and it seems like she blocked me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The one by the instrument shelter.

I guess I should deal with them, I just thought it was pretty lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

when I walk around my town I just feel so happy XD
I seriously don't understand why it isn't more popular
It feels so fresh. It makes me so sad I don't understand other's opinions

Last edited:
when I walk around my town I just feel so happy XD
I seriously don't understand why it isn't more popular
It feels so fresh. It makes me so sad I don't understand other's opinions

I think it's not as popular as you want it to be because your ego is so huge, and it overshadows any beauty your town has. If you were more humble, I bet that the feedback would be a bit kinder and much more positive. I'm glad you are happy with it, but if you want other people to be a fan of it too, you really need to stop acting like your town is better than everybody else's. You may not like other people's towns as much as yours, but you can't just act as though they are terrible and yours is the only one that is worth anything. This is just what I think. Fix your attitude, and people will like you and your town a bit more.

I'm saying this not to be mean, but to just answer your question. Don't be insulted by this, okay?

I think it's not as popular as you want it to be because your ego is so huge, and it overshadows any beauty your town has. If you were more humble, I bet that the feedback would be a bit kinder and much more positive. I'm glad you are happy with it, but if you want other people to be a fan of it too, you really need to stop acting like your town is better than everybody else's. You may not like other people's towns as much as yours, but you can't just act as though they are terrible and yours is the only one that is worth anything. This is just what I think. Fix your attitude, and people will like you and your town a bit more.

I'm saying this not to be mean, but to just answer your question. Don't be insulted by this, okay?

Don't worry, I'm not insulted.
I really like being genuine. If the only reason people don't like my town is because of me then I don't have any respect for them.

You seriously don't know how I feel
I was always looking for inspiration but I feel like I can rarely find any. Do you know how frustrating rating it is feeling like you're the only with you're preference. I can't tell if they're something wrong with me or it's what's wrong with the rest of the world and that makes me very frustrated. Also, I think you've got the wrong idea about my ego. I struggle alot with self critisism so I don't see how that's the case. Infact, I'm often quite unhappy with my own town.

Last edited:
Don't worry, I'm not insulted.
I really like being genuine. If the only reason people don't like my town is because of me then I don't have any respect for them.

You seriously don't know how I feel
I was always looking for inspiration but I feel like I can rarely find any. Do you know how frustrating rating it is feeling like you're the only with you're preference. I can't tell if they're something wrong with me or it's what's wrong with the rest of the world and that makes me really frustrated. Also, I think you've got the wrong idea about my ego. I struggle alot with self critisism so I don't see how that's the case.

you're not the only one in the world whose preferences favour your own. literally everyone has their own things they like, prefer, etc. taste differs & varies, and something someone else likes might be something you don't and vice versa. that's the cool thing about having opinions. ^^ I don't see why people have to praise you though for your taste. it's kind of weird and off putting, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back