• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Criticism and validation for my AMAZING dream town

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're not the only one in the world whose preferences favour your own. literally everyone has their own things they like, prefer, etc. taste differs & varies, and something someone else likes might be something you don't and vice versa. that's the cool thing about having opinions. ^^ I don't see why people have to praise you though for your taste. it's kind of weird and off putting, tbh.

It really doesn't seem like that
I don't even really believe

Last edited:
Don't worry, I'm not insulted.
I really like being genuine. If the only reason people don't like my town is because of me then I don't have any respect for them.

You seriously don't know how I feel
I was always looking for inspiration but I feel like I can rarely find any. Do you know how frustrating rating it is feeling like you're the only with you're preference. I can't tell if they're something wrong with me or it's what's wrong with the rest of the world and that makes me really frustrated. Also, I think you've got the wrong idea about my ego. I struggle alot with self critisism so I don't see how that's the case. Infact, I'm often quite unhappy with my own town.

You may criticise yourself when it comes to things in the real world, but from what I gather from all your responses in this thread is that you think very highly of your town and nobody is going to ever have better ideas than you, no better designs, no valuable criticisms, and all their towns pale in comparison to yours. The thing is, it's not that they have bad towns or don't know how to design, as you assume, but that what they like doesn't match up to what you like. There's a difference between something that is awful and ugly, and something that just doesn't suit your taste. But since you seem to know more than them, maybe you should simply stop asking for advice or inspiration from others, and just do your own thing?

And it isn't that they don't like your town because they don't like you. It is because of how rude you are that when people go into your town, the negativity of your behaviour highlights all the things they don't like about your town rather than the positives. So it's still a fair assessment, from their point of view. They just won't bother to be nice to someone who isn't. And really, from what I saw, you never respected them in the first place anyway..

What if I said, "Oh you don't know how frustrating it is to be the most beautiful girl ever, and trying to find inspiration from others on how to become prettier, when they just don't meet my standards of beauty. I feel so alone being beautiful that I wonder if it's something that's wrong with me or the world. Whoa is me!" Sounds ridiculous right? Well that's what it sounds like when you ask for critique, but then you act as though you are above it. It just rubs people the wrong way when you can't be humble.

I really don't know what to say to make you see a different perspective rather than just your own..

You may criticise yourself when it comes to things in the real world, but from what I gather from all your responses in this thread is that you think very highly of your town and nobody is going to ever have better ideas than you, no better designs, no valuable criticisms, and all their towns pale in comparison to yours. The thing is, it's not that they have bad towns or don't know how to design, as you assume, but that what they like doesn't match up to what you like. There's a difference between something that is awful and ugly, and something that just doesn't suit your taste. But since you seem to know more than them, maybe you should simply stop asking for advice or inspiration from others, and just do your own thing?

And it isn't that they don't like your town because they don't like you. It is because of how rude you are that when people go into your town, the negativity of your behaviour highlights all the things they don't like about your town rather than the positives. So it's still a fair assessment, from their point of view. They just won't bother to be nice to someone who isn't. And really, from what I saw, you never respected them in the first place anyway..

What if I said, "Oh you don't know how frustrating it is to be the most beautiful girl ever, and trying to find inspiration from others on how to become prettier, when they just don't meet my standards of beauty. I feel so alone being beautiful that I wonder if it's something that's wrong with me or the world. Whoa is me!" Sounds ridiculous right? Well that's what it sounds like when you ask for critique, but then you act as though you are above it. It just rubs people the wrong way when you can't be humble.

I really don't know what to say to make you see a different perspective rather than just your own..

You're really confusing. I think you are overexagerating my behaviour.
The only person I disrespected was TolisaMarie and I did apolagize for that and what I said on her thread way early on. But that was only because she seemed to have disrespected me.

I have no idea how they came to the conclusion I was having a tantrum.

And I still don't understand why you think I haven't accepted any critisism

To me, it seems like a lot of you are too hostile to think straight

Last edited:
I have no idea how they came to the conclusion I was having a tantrum.

You keep on responding to other people negatively and keep on making so much drama on this thread. It isn't hard to figure out why other people think you're having temper tantrums.

I think you need to take a real hard look at how you've been treating people vs how you expect them to treat you. Read over your responses to people, take a look at the wording and imagine how you'd react if someone said the same to you. Maybe sleep on it. For now though, I think it's best if people stopped posting in this thread, since posting while the bad feelings are still fresh will only escalate things further.

Quotes from you that sound egotistical:

"Criticism and validation for my AMAZING dream town"
"Seriously, my town's gorgeous"
"Actually, I really don't like most peoples dream towns. They make me frustrated because they don't know how to decorate."
"Btw. I just visited your town. And it's basically my town but not as nice"
"I'm disappointed in all the towns here. Most of them are mediocre."
"You barely have flowers or bushes laying around and everything in my town (exterior) is much more detailed than yours."
"But come on, you have a lot but don't decorate around them properly
A lot of them feel randomly placed
no offence"
"And when you compare our parks, mine is much more thoughtfully done"
"I know when my exterior has been outclassed, and that's rarely."
"I know this is kinda rude but I strongly think the majority of you [don't] have the credentials to criticize my town" (I'm assuming you missed the word "don't" because it doesn't make sense otherwise.. Correct me if I'm wrong.)

It just seems like you're just being cocky in general. Again, I am only saying this because you did ask and this is the impression I got from you. It seems that you belittle other people's towns when they strongly dislike something about your town. I understand that you got your feelings hurt, but when you post a thread like this, you welcome both positive AND negative feedback, and I have learned (as a writer) that you take that feedback, whether you like it or not, and respectfully accept it because you asked for it. You don't have to follow the advice, you don't have to like the person giving their critique, and you can even get annoyed and disagree, but ALWAYS respect it because in the end, they were trying to help you, regardless of their wording. Resulting to insults just looks bad on you.

I'm hoping to help you just not grind on people's gears as much as you are now. I don't hate you or your town, but the way you say things really need some work.

Don't you think you're overexaggerating, I keep looking back on this thread and it doesn't seem like I "keep on responding to the other people negatively". That appears to be much earlier on

Maybe you're imagining a specific tone to my voice as you read my responses?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I already explained those are all comments TolisaMarie comments and like I said, I don't care for her
I still think you're overexaggerating my behaviour

- - - Post Merge - - -

Quotes from you that sound egotistical:

"Actually, I really don't like most peoples dream towns. They make me frustrated because they don't know how to decorate."
"Btw. I just visited your town. And it's basically my town but not as nice"
"I'm disappointed in all the towns here. Most of them are mediocre."
"You barely have flowers or bushes laying around and everything in my town (exterior) is much more detailed than yours."
"But come on, you have a lot but don't decorate around them properly
A lot of them feel randomly placed
no offence"
"And when you compare our parks, mine is much more thoughtfully done"
"I know when my exterior has been outclassed, and that's rarely."
"I know this is kinda rude but I strongly think the majority of you [don't] have the credentials to criticize my town" (I'm assuming you missed the word "don't" because it doesn't make sense otherwise.. Correct me if I'm wrong.)

It just seems like you're just being cocky in general. Again, I am only saying this because you did ask and this is the impression I got from you. It seems that you belittle other people's towns when they strongly dislike something about your town. I understand that you got your feelings hurt, but when you post a thread like this, you welcome both positive AND negative feedback, and I have learned (as a writer) that you take that feedback, whether you like it or not, and respectfully accept it because you asked for it. You don't have to follow the advice, you don't have to like the person giving their critique, and you can even get annoyed and disagree, but ALWAYS respect it because in the end, they were trying to help you, regardless of their wording. Resulting to insults just looks bad on you.

I'm hoping to help you just not grind on people's gears as much as you are now. I don't hate you or your town, but the way you say things really need some work.

Ok I understand you
But I still feel quite strongly about the majority of peoples dreams and I feel I shouldn't hide it
I'm fine with:
"I know this is kinda rude but I strongly think the majority of you [don't] have the credentials to criticize my town"
- that last one was kinda for tolisamarie because I don't she had the right to call it blah and needs alot of work

Last edited:
Don't you think you're overexaggerating, I keep looking back on this thread and it doesn't seem like I "keep on responding to the other people negatively". That appears to be much earlier on

Maybe you're imagining a specific tone to my voice as you read my responses?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I already explained those are all comments TolisaMarie comments and like I said, I don't care for her
I still think you're overexaggerating my behaviour

But you weren't just attacking her town, but everyone's town in general... Anyway, like you said before, nobody is going to change your mind. I just wish you'd see that being humble and appreciating other people's creativity besides your own will get you much further than what you are doing now.. Have a nice day, friend. I wish you luck on your town :)

But you weren't just attacking her town, but everyone's town in general... Anyway, like you said before, nobody is going to change your mind. I just wish you'd see that being humble and appreciating other people's creativity besides your own will get you much further than what you are doing now.. Have a nice day, friend. I wish you luck on your town :)

Remember like a million years ago you were suppose to visit and register me as a best friend
i guess you forgot though lol (me being humurous not rude)

Last edited:
If you think the majority of us don't have the "credentials" to criticize your town, why did you even bother asking?

Hello.

I just visited your town and it's ..well.. It's not the best out there, but I definitely see that you provided effort into your town. ☆
(I do like your paths though. Just tone it down with the clovers, OK? It could get a little messy or confusing as others have stated before. Maybe use natural/dirt paths? Just an idea.

There's an empty blob of space below the instrument shelter, and there's a random white path behind Marina's house. I bet you have plans for the empty space, yes? The player houses I'm assuming is a work in progress, so no negative points there.
Your PWPs are fine, and your river shape is pretty funky. (Seriously, I've visited a lot of towns, and it proved to me that any map can be worked with. Yours is another example. ☆)

Overall, your town is actually kinda nice. Just give a little bit more TLC and maybe leave a few gifts around town(and clean up your houses/players, as well as the random beehive on one of your bridges, the empty space below the instrument shelter, and the white square behind Marina's house, and it'll be as great/amazing as you say it is. For now, keep it up! You're getting there. ☆

Final Score: 7/10.
(I'm not trying to be mean! Or negative!! I just want to help you out. :) Hope my review was helpful! ★)

Yeah about, a million years ago you were suppose to visit and register me as a best friend
i guess you forgot though lol (me being humurous not rude)

Sorry, I don't actually remember everyone I've played with >.< And I usually go ahead and delete people that I haven't played with in a while. Right now I don't have any friends from the forums on my 3DS. It just gets too confusing, especially when I'm trading.

It doesn't matter if you're talking to someone you "don't care for," you can't expect people to see you treat someone in such an unapologetically rude way and not judge you for it.

Another thing you need to understand is that while you can choose how to present yourself, you can't choose how people feel about it. If everyone except you says that you're being rude, you're being rude! You can't just say you're not, because you don't choose how people are allowed to feel. The things you've been saying are offending people, you can't just decide that they aren't offensive.

But like I said, sleep on it, come back later and think over what you've said to people and what they've said to you. Distance yourself from the emotions of the situation and look at it objectively. Ask yourself why people are getting so upset, and try to find a real solution.

Last edited:
Hello.

I just visited your town and it's ..well.. It's not the best out there, but I definitely see that you provided effort into your town. ☆
(I do like your paths though. Just tone it down with the clovers, OK? It could get a little messy or confusing as others have stated before. Maybe use natural/dirt paths? Just an idea.

There's an empty blob of space below the instrument shelter, and there's a random white path behind Marina's house. I bet you have plans for the empty space, yes? The player houses I'm assuming is a work in progress, so no negative points there.
Your PWPs are fine, and your river shape is pretty funky. (Seriously, I've visited a lot of towns, and it proved to me that any map can be worked with. Yours is another example. ☆)

Overall, your town is actually kinda nice. Just give a little bit more TLC and maybe leave a few gifts around town(and clean up your houses/players, as well as the random beehive on one of your bridges, the empty space below the instrument shelter, and the white square behind Marina's house, and it'll be as great/amazing as you say it is. For now, keep it up! You're getting there. ☆

Final Score: 7/10.
(I'm not trying to be mean! Or negative!! I just want to help you out. :) Hope my review was helpful! ★)

there's a white tile behind marina's house??????????
Those should all be gone??????

- - - Post Merge - - -

I stopped feeling bad for what I said to tolisamarie after she basically told me to commit suicide in acnl
whatever I MEANT IT

Last edited:
Yep. There's just one teensy little white tile behind her house. Everywhere else is fine. :)

Ok thanks for telling me XD
So if I make those changes what rating would you give my town?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry, I don't actually remember everyone I've played with >.< And I usually go ahead and delete people that I haven't played with in a while. Right now I don't have any friends from the forums on my 3DS. It just gets too confusing, especially when I'm trading.

ok you have a nice day too, friend, lol

Probably 9 or 10? I'd like to see the results first :)

I LOVE YOU

- - - Post Merge - - -

Don't worry, I do appreciate other's creativity. I guess I just get frustrated when I think something's far to praised and overrated though. I know I shouldn't X0

- - - Post Merge - - -

Don't worry, I do appreciate other's creativity. I guess I just get frustrated when I think something's far to praised and overrated though. I know I shouldn't X0

My goodness, people!! Cannot someone be innocently proud of some creative hard work and get helpful positive feedback when asked without it degenerating into hurtful, harsh criticism!?
XenonKnight56, you have worked hard and can be justifiably proud of your pretty town! I know you realized it isn't complete yet, but you didn't deserve to get all this harsh feedback ... sending you some pats on the back and hoping you continue to find great pleasure in developing your town ❤
I very seldom enter into discussions like this because I dislike this type of mean spirited exchange, so this is the end of my comment ... just wanted to express some support, and say carry on with your lovely town :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back