• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Criticism and validation for my AMAZING dream town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, my town's gorgeous
Yes it is, ... I agree ❤ I enjoyed dreaming your town
I love the layout of the heart grass tiles with lucky clovers!! What a lot of effort you have put into your town! And I love the purple and blue hybrids together ... very pretty

98vebb.jpg

Some suggestions for your town:

1) Decorate your mayor's house. Right now it's just a storage space. The exterior could use a remodel as well.

2) Expand and decorate your alt. character houses. There's no point in having them if you don't use them.

3) Update your dream when there's not a tent in the town square so there's not a big empty spot in your patterns.

4) Layout your paths better. Some of them dead end at the river and they just don't flow well. Also the brick paths and the clover paths don't mesh well together.

5) Replace your brick bridges with fairy tale bridges to match the rest of the fairy tale theme PWPs in town.

6) Add some more interesting PWPs, replacing the cutouts and some of the other duplicate PWPs.

Your town is colorful and pretty, it's just not very interesting. No decorated houses to explore, no clever theme, and the layout makes navigating a chore.

Good luck with your town.

Last edited:
aww
don't worry, I'm currently working on my houses

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's not interesting enough?
What do you suggest for theme?

The theme is "Love is the most powerful force in the world"
HAHAHAHAHHAHA

Last edited:
Sorry but I thought it was blah. You called it "amazing" and "gorgeous" so I got my hopes up, but I was disappointed.

There are so many great towns to get inspiration from. Try checking out one of the dream address threads and visit lots of other towns.

Good luck and happy dreaming!

Last edited:
Actually, I really don't like most peoples dream towns. They make me frustrated because they don't know how to decorate. Well thanks for you're criticism

Btw. I just visited your town. And it's basically my town but not as nice

Last edited:
Actually, I really don't like most peoples dream towns. They make me frustrated because they don't know how to decorate. Well thanks for you're criticism

Btw. I just visited your town. And it's basically my town but not as nice

I'm happy to hear you like your own town better but I'm baffled by your assessment that our towns are basically the same when they don't have one single thing in common.

I'm not happy to hear you say that you don't like visiting other towns because they "don't know how to decorate". That's the second time you've insulted others on this forum that I'm aware of, the last time in a thread I started asking for people to post dream addresses for me to visit you said,

I'm disappointed in all the towns here. Most of them are mediocre.
Check mine out 5D00 003C B4A0

I don't know what makes you feel like you are in a position to put other people down when your own town needs a lot of work. Maybe this forum isn't for you.

I'm happy to hear you like your own town better but I'm baffled by your assessment that our towns are basically the same when they don't have one single thing in common.

I'm not happy to hear you say that you don't like visiting other towns because they "don't know how to decorate". That's the second time you've insulted others on this forum that I'm aware of, the last time in a thread I started asking for people to post dream addresses for me to visit you said,

I don't know what makes you feel like you are in a position to put other people down when your own town needs a lot of work. Maybe this forum isn't for you.

Out of topic but can I say that your town map is probably the best layout I've ever seen? Seriously. I need to visit your dream soon!

You are right about my response on that thread "Looking for impressive dream towns to visit". It was wrong for me to say that, I guess I got frustrated because they aren't the way I like towns decorated and I'm really sorry for that.

But I do have good qualities, as a result of that thread, I gave up on finding a dream town that satisfied me because I didn't want to get as frustrated and say mean things anymore. I'm usually quite considerate and supporting but I'm really prideful when it comes to EXTERIOR decorating.

I do think that there are a lot of similarities between our towns though and I have no idea why you would say my town still needs a lot of work compared to yours (exterior wise). The only reason I insulted your town just now was because you insulted mine and called it "blah" (And I'm sorry that I think it's true). I mean how can you say my town needs a lot of work (other than the insides lol). You barely have flowers or bushes laying around and everything in my town (exterior) is much more detailed than yours.

I don't feel any more resentment or anger towards you now. I completely understand why you were mean and I don't blame you. I'm sorry and I really try not to insult other towns. I hope we can be on good terms

- - - Post Merge - - -

Omg that was exhausting haha
When I judge another's town I only really consider the exteriors
I think your houses are well done

Last edited:
Yes I visited your town lol
But come on, you have a lot but don't decorate around them properly
A lot of them feel randomly placed
no offence

And when you compare our parks, mine is much more thoughtfully done

Last edited:
your town is beautiful but i don't know why your ego is so up there.
i love your path, and your flower placement is very nice, it's not the best town i've seen though. you need to decorate your houses and you need to redo some bits of your path. it's not the easiest town to go through since some of your paths just go to a dead end and some of your town needs to be finished. there are spots closest to Parfait's house that holds nothing; things are scattered around and blank.

i honestly don't care if you respond to say something such as "i just visited your town and mine's better" like how you responded to tolisamarie. it's immature and a terrible way to react to criticism. again, you need to smallen your ego a bit. it's great that you love your town however i've seen you about 3 times telling people that their town is awful and how extremely disappointed you are.

If you can't handle getting critism without retaliating and insulting the criticisers town, maybe you shouldn't have asked for it.

Last edited:
I know when my exterior has been outclassed, and that's rarely. I really like Chicha's
And I don't understand you, I rarely (only like here and tolisamarie) have insulted other towns. I'm actually really considerate and supportive when people ask to have there towns critisized

- - - Post Merge - - -

I asked for critisism, I didn't ask for Blah

I was really accepting of his first response. It was really nice
But his second seemed unnecessarily mean
you're just getting a taste of your own medicine. if you don't like how they're talking about your town don't do it to other people.

Last edited:
I was really accepting of his first response. It was really nice
But his second seemed unnecessarily mean

I gave you honest opinions and suggestions without being mean at all. In return you insulted my town. If you don't like my town, that's fine, but I'm not the one who asked for criticism, YOU ARE.

BTW, does Lisa Marie sound like a male name?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back