View Poll Results: Do you eat meat?

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I'm a vegan (no animal products)

9 4.59%
  • No, I'm a vegetarian (no meat, but other animal products are ok)

18 9.18%
  • Yes, I'm a pescetarian (no meat with the exception of seafood)

6 3.06%
  • Yes, but I don't eat red meat (I eat poultry and seafood but not red meat)

14 7.14%
  • I eat all kinds of meat.

137 69.90%
  • Other (leave a comment explaining)

12 6.12%
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you eat meat?

Bells
    3DS
    3067-4697-5548
    Tasty Cake

Do you eat meat?

I found another member who's a vegetarian (like me) yesterday and it got me thinking, what's the general consensus?

Please be nice to one another and let's just discuss this interesting issue

I've been a vegetarian for most of my life. When I was in elementary/middle school I went through a "meat is murder" phase and my parents were not having it haha. Since I was still growing they kind of made me eat meat. I was lazy for a few years and ate a little bit of meat here and there without really thinking about it. I never really liked the texture of it though which made me feel really grossed out by it. I also noticed that I felt groggy and yucky after eating meat so I decided to stop eating it a few years ago. I do have fish a couple of times a year, but only on special occasions. I tried to go vegan a couple of months ago but it wasn't really healthy for me since I have an eating disorder and classifying more foods as "bad" really made it hard for me to eat. Now I'm happy being just a vegetarian, it's what works for me and I love it! I do it namely for my own health and for the positive environmental impact.
    Last edited by made08; 03-15-2017 at 11:52 AM.

Bells
    3DS
    3067-5301-0551
    IsabelleJune Birthstone (Pearl)Cherry (Fruit)Peach (Fruit)Apple (Fruit)どChocolate CakeChao Easter EggWhite VioletPurple VioletMint
Gift received at 11-11-2016, 01:10 PM from Chicha
Message: I'm totally fresh and you know it!Mother's Day Carnation
Gift received at 05-09-2016, 02:07 AM from glow
    I eat meat but I've doing my best to reduce my consumption to better my health. Too much red meat is not good for anybody. I've considered being a vegetarian because meat isn't a big part of my meals and the alternatives are good but I can't help but eat bacon and street meat hotdogs. I couldn't live without those man. xD

Mayor Megan | Town of Light
    Mayor Vivian | Town of Bijou

Please like my post or VM/PM me if I don't respond to a thread.

Bells
    3DS
    4270-1872-6859
    Christmas Lights
Gift received at Yesterday, 03:08 PM from Justin
Message: Gyro saved my life. When I need a helping hand for my quarry, Gyro is there for me in my time of need. Never requesting help anywhere else again! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Christmas Lights
Gift received at 12-06-2017, 12:39 AM from Zane
Message: have a truly hateful christmas (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*Christmas Lights
Gift received at 12-02-2017, 02:10 PM from skarmoury
Message: I see you around a lot and I think you're cool so, happy holidays!Christmas Lights
Gift received at 12-01-2017, 07:52 PM from Adriel
Message: i always see you on the forums and we've only talked a handful of times on the discord but you've always seemed so sweet and lovely and i hope you have a wonder month and a wonderful holiday!!Christmas Lights
Gift received at 12-01-2017, 04:43 PM from mogyay
Message: the biggest blessing this festive period is u not blocking me. merry nullmas<3Christmas Lights
Gift received at 12-01-2017, 03:39 AM from Justin
Message: Jubmart Customer Loyalty GiftSweet FeatherHot Feather
Gift received at 09-11-2017, 05:29 AM from dizzy bone
Gift received at 09-10-2017, 06:07 PM from Misera
Gift received at 09-09-2017, 12:24 AM from mogyay
    I do, I love meat more than I love myself.

I tried going veggie one year but on one hand I'm underweight as it is ad on the other hand I'm anemic so long story short it did not go well for me at all. I felt really tired and overall horrible all the time and my doctor was strongly against it so there that went. Also meat just tastes so damn good.

i'll whip up a trick!

tumblr
    twitter
    FR lair

good night kali

Bells
    3DS
    2208-5091-4256
    Christmas Lights
Gift received at 12-04-2017, 10:52 PM from King Dorado
Gift received at 12-04-2017, 03:53 PM from hillaruhsaur
Gift received at 03-11-2014, 04:01 PM from allainah
Gift received at 12-01-2012, 06:40 PM from Elijo
    yes i eat meat everyday, ive been thinking of maybe being vegetarian but at this point i dont think i'll be able to make it a week without meat

Bells
    3DS
    3067-4697-5548
    Tasty Cake
    I just updated the poll ^_^

💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩
    Bells
    3DS
    4210-4628-9014
    Christmas Lights
Gift received at 12-01-2017, 09:12 AM from skarmoury
Message: Hope you're having a joyful holiday!RubyPink Hybrid LilyPink Hybrid CosmosPink Hybrid CosmosPink Hybrid CosmosPink Hybrid CosmosPink Hybrid Cosmos
Gift received at 08-03-2017, 04:07 PM from The Pennifer
    i eat all meat, but usually if i'm having mince or sausages i have quorn as i'm actually not a big fan of red meat. however, i do eat red meat on rare occasions.
    12 sleeps!!
    until christmas!!!!

Bells
    3DS
    3067-4697-5548
    Tasty Cake
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrie View Post
    I eat meat but I've doing my best to reduce my consumption to better my health. Too much red meat is not good for anybody. I've considered being a vegetarian because meat isn't a big part of my meals and the alternatives are good but I can't help but eat bacon and street meat hotdogs. I couldn't live without those man. xD
    Yeah, red meat is the worst of them all. Haha well you do what works for you! Have you ever tried turkey bacon? Morning star has a very good vegetarian bacon that I like to eat. It's really crunchy and it tastes the same as the real thing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gyro View Post
    I do, I love meat more than I love myself.

I tried going veggie one year but on one hand I'm underweight as it is ad on the other hand I'm anemic so long story short it did not go well for me at all. I felt really tired and overall horrible all the time and my doctor was strongly against it so there that went. Also meat just tastes so damn good.
    I'm glad that you gave it a try even though you ended up not liking it it's important to do what's best for you. Like in my situation being vegan wasn't good for my health, so I had to go back to being vegetarian.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teabagel View Post
    yes i eat meat everyday, ive been thinking of maybe being vegetarian but at this point i dont think i'll be able to make it a week without meat
    Maybe you could challenge yourself to do a week without meat! That would be fun.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sej View Post
    i eat all meat, but usually if i'm having mince or sausages i have quorn as i'm actually not a big fan of red meat. however, i do eat red meat on rare occasions.
    What's Quorn?

Bells
    3DS
    3067-5301-0551
    IsabelleJune Birthstone (Pearl)Cherry (Fruit)Peach (Fruit)Apple (Fruit)どChocolate CakeChao Easter EggWhite VioletPurple VioletMint
Gift received at 11-11-2016, 01:10 PM from Chicha
Message: I'm totally fresh and you know it!Mother's Day Carnation
Gift received at 05-09-2016, 02:07 AM from glow
    Quote Originally Posted by made08 View Post
    Yeah, red meat is the worst of them all. Haha well you do what works for you! Have you ever tried turkey bacon? Morning star has a very good vegetarian bacon that I like to eat. It's really crunchy and it tastes the same as the real thing.
    I have had turkey bacon actually! It's way less greasy and it's very delicious! Hmmm, well I should give that type a try!
    Thanks for alerting me of it!

When I think too hard about where meat comes from, I get all disgusted and sad but when I see the meat dishes all in front of me, I can't picture the animal the meat came from and then I don't get all weird about it, especially when it's in pieces in a noodle dish or something. Anyway to stop this?

Mayor Megan | Town of Light
    Mayor Vivian | Town of Bijou

Please like my post or VM/PM me if I don't respond to a thread.

Bells
    3DS
    5387-2148-4613
    Lump of Coal
Gift received at 12-16-2015, 08:44 AM from Heyden
    i would love to be a vegetarian but i have iron-deficiency so it's best not to go down that path. i'm not the biggest fan of meat either but i still eat a lot of it.

Bells
    3DS
    3067-4697-5548
    Tasty Cake
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrie View Post
    I have had turkey bacon actually! It's way less greasy and it's very delicious! Hmmm, well I should give that type a try!
    Thanks for alerting me of it!

When I think too hard about where meat comes from, I get all disgusted and sad but when I see the meat dishes all in front of me, I can't picture the animal the meat came from and then I don't get all weird about it, especially when it's in pieces in a noodle dish or something. Anyway to stop this?
    No problem! Happy to help.

I could recommend you some documentaries to watch. I think when you've seen how awful the process is it'll sway you a little bit. Also I would recommend going to a farm if you could and meeting some animals, seeing how cute and friendly cows and pigs are might make you feel a little inspired to eat less meat

- - - Post Merge - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ekcriptia View Post
    i would love to be a vegetarian but i have iron-deficiency so it's best not to go down that path. i'm not the biggest fan of meat either but i still eat a lot of it.
    Oh yeah that's a tricky situation. Your health is most important