• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you eat meat?

Do you eat meat?

• Total voters
I've definitely watched some documentaries and they are awful, so awful I couldn't watch them all. ^^; But for some reason, I have trouble looking at a one inch piece of chicken and picturing it coming from the actual animal. I know that doesn't make sense but if I look at a whole body of a rabbit in the grocery store, I get grossed out and wouldn't dare touch it. Same goes with looking at headless fish. But if I eat a fish stick, I don't think of them as the same thing, even though I know they are.

Sooooo doesn't make sense! D:

Hey! That's not a bad idea! I'm a sucker for animals (ironically enough) so for example, if I had a pig or knew one, I could NEVER kill it but because I don't know the animals the meat is coming from, I don't get that connection. I get connected to animals really quickly too so I dunno why I'm having trouble with this whole thing. It's strictly in my head and it doesn't make any sense. I'm weird, I dunno. I hope it's making sense!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've thought about cutting out some dairy products and replacing them with some vegan alternatives such as milk with almond milk and mayo with vegan mayo cause honestly they all taste the same/better! Even the vegan sliced/grated cheese tastes the same to me!

Fried eggs can't really be replicated so it's tough. You can make vegan scrambled eggs but not fried with the yolk. Plus vegan chocolate is usually dark and I freaking hate dark chocolate haha.

(Sorry I'm replying to so many posts but I'm passionate about this topic and learning more about it! D:)

Hmm. I can't really relate to what you're experiencing. Mostly because I wasn't a big fan of meat to begin with. But if interacting with animals is what connects you to it then go with that! Are there any farms you could visit or maybe even volunteer at near you?

Another thing I'd recommend is to look at all animals in the same light. You'd never eat a cat or a rabbit because they're cute and they're people's pets, right? Try and think of livestock that way, too. Look for the beauty and the value in them :)

Don't apolgoize! This is the place to discuss it :)

I loooooovove dark chocolate omg. And yeah same I only drink almond milk and I use other alternatives to dairy when I can. But nothing beats a good runny yolk.

Yeah, red meat is the worst of them all. Haha well you do what works for you! Have you ever tried turkey bacon? Morning star has a very good vegetarian bacon that I like to eat. It's really crunchy and it tastes the same as the real thing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm glad that you gave it a try even though you ended up not liking it :) it's important to do what's best for you. Like in my situation being vegan wasn't good for my health, so I had to go back to being vegetarian.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Maybe you could challenge yourself to do a week without meat! That would be fun.

- - - Post Merge - - -

What's Quorn?

quorn is a vegetarian substitution for meat! for example: quorn chicken nuggets or quorn bacon.

IMG_7474.JPG
i actually find quorn sausages a lot better than normal sausages!

I'm a weak-willed vegan. I occasionally switch from vegan to vegetarian and back again. It's mainly for my health, but when I get healthier I go back to being vegan. I have anemia from a sudden amount of blood loss when I was 13, so it's hard to maintain my health and still believe in veganism being the way forward. (no I'm not a stereotypical radical vegan)I'm ashamed of it but, what can ya do?

I also have a bit of shame that I wasn't able to maintain being vegan. But we have to remember that we're doing our best, and we can't jeopardize our health for it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i eat meat. too much of a bother to make an effort to change stuff and whatever. i dont rly care tbh like it's too much of an effort to start being vegetarian or vegan, especially since i dont cook my own food and i dont wanna bother my parents more lmao

Haha well you do you!

- - - Post Merge - - -

i eat meat!

i kinda want to take some meat out of my diet to lose weight and stuff but i'm bad bcus i eat a lot
i'm also filipino and my culture loves meat lol. we have tons of food that involves meat being the main ingredient of the dish.
but we also tend to use most of the animal in cooking, like using the blood of pig instead of just the meat - we have something called "dinuguan" which is mainly pig blood and vinegar.

Ooh that's interesting I have never tried Filipino food before! I admire that a lot, I love when people are resourceful like that. Like if you're going to kill the animal you might as well use all of it right?

I eat all kinds of meat but technically I shouldn't eat red meats because it MESSES up my stomach but I like it too much.

that being said though, I avoid that type the most just because it upsets my stomach.

I wonder why?

- - - Post Merge - - -

More people need to have your mindset, I remember an ex-friend of mine got on my case saying "Well I'd rather die myself than eat an animal" like... the hell man.

Omg really? That's pretty crazy lol...I have a really supportive circle of friends, I've only had positive run ins with other vegetarians and vegans :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

quorn is a vegetarian substitution for meat! for example: quorn chicken nuggets or quorn bacon.

View attachment 195774
i actually find quorn sausages a lot better than normal sausages!

Oooh so it's a brand. I thought it was some sort of substance used in the food haha. I don't eat a lot of meat substitutes but I like the brands Morning Star and Beyond Meat.

Vegan. Been a vegan all my life, could never imagine anything different.

Also, yes, Quorn is bloody amazing. Their lasagne is gorgeous. And Linda McCartney's range is great as well, if you like sausages and burgers and things like that. Quorn do them as well, but you've gotta shop around to find stuff you really like.

And please don't try any of McDonald's stuff. It's horrible, and I'm 99% sure it's the reason so many people think vegan food isn't for them.

I love meat waaay too much to give it up. Pulled pork, Beef tongue, pig's feet, meat lovers pizza! YUM~

Vegan. Been a vegan all my life, could never imagine anything different.

Also, yes, Quorn is bloody amazing. Their lasagne is gorgeous. And Linda McCartney's range is great as well, if you like sausages and burgers and things like that. Quorn do them as well, but you've gotta shop around to find stuff you really like.

And please don't try any of McDonald's stuff. It's horrible, and I'm 99% sure it's the reason so many people think vegan food isn't for them.

So by "all my life" so you mean adulthood or were you raised vegan as a child? Just curious c:

Whenever I tell people I'm a vegetarian they always ask me if I eat fish lmao.

I've been a vegetarian since I was 15, now I'm 21! :)

I eat different types of meat but I don't like red meat all that much, I prefer poultry and fish.

Basically, all I eat everyday is meat. So i'm not a vegan/vegetarian.

I'm doing ketosis right now so meat and veggies are all I got!

I eat all kinds of meat, but usually fish and poultry. I like and eat red meat sometimes but not too often for health reasons, unless I'm doing ketosis like I am now (because only fish and chicken gets boring!)

I was vegan for about a 6 month period. I didn't do it for any kind of moral reaosns, it just seemed like an interesting diet and I wanted to try it out. It was ok for awhile, but I had to stop when I found out I had a medical condition and it was one of the worst things I could be doing for it. lol Now I'm eating meat again and I don't really have any intention of going back.

Back