• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

American Language

American Language?

• Total voters
english is the main/primary language. spanish, chinese, etc., are just secondary languages, you don't have to know spanish to live here, but english is more preferred.

I think for North America English is the main language (Canada And USA) and Spanish (Mexico) while for South America Spanish is the main language

hmmm.... how many people in South America tho speak Portuguese??

English is mostly the official language, will Spanish is a major secondary language, so i guess the second one? I actually take Spanish class lol

Though the US doesn't have an official language, I think it's more a policy that makes us look good.
English is definitely required to be successful in the US, but it sounds better if we don't say that.

However, Spanish is certainly a secondary language, and Wikipedia also lists French (the current lingua franca, I believe) and Hawaiian.

I would love the US to develop into a more bilingual society, much like that of continental Europe. But nationalism runs high here, so any deviation from the norm may take a while to be widely accepted.

i disagree with all of these, tbh, america doesn't have an official language

Back