• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Anyone still play wiimmfi?

Oh, by the way, does your store sell watering cans right now? If so, can you bring one for me? I'll pay for it :)

Oh, by the way, does your store sell watering cans right now? If so, can you bring one for me? I'll pay for it :)

Unfortunately I do not have one in store today but I do have a spare silver one! You can have that one free of charge :) I'll also bring over all the fruits I have available 2 each. Im home so let me know when your gate is open!

Unfortunately I do not have one in store today but I do have a spare silver one! You can have that one free of charge :) I'll also bring over all the fruits I have available 2 each. Im home so let me know when your gate is open!
Opening up right now!

Isn't this technically against the forum rules as it's accessed through modding which is borderline hacking, don't get me wrong though I love wiimmfi lol

Isn't this technically against the forum rules as it's accessed through modding which is borderline hacking, don't get me wrong though I love wiimmfi lol

Sadly yes, though the moderators and admins rarely check the CF/LGttC threads (unless someone tells them, in which that person is rotten). They would take it down since they believe hacking is "illegal" even though it isn't and they're mistaking it for piracy, which is illegal. Though another reason why it would get taken down is because it requires modifying the console which can cause damage without caution, which is why people should stick to guides on the internet and not some random person on a forum or YouTube (one time, a guy caused thousands of people to brick their 3DS systems by making a video guide where one of the files linked in the description was damaged).

Actually, I asked Oblivia about this back in late 2015, and she said it was fine.

"Hey there.

I don't see any issue with what you're describing so long as you're not publicly sharing hacking information here on the site. Other than that, you're welcome to try and find people to play City Folk with so long as nothing you're doing is in direct violation of the posted rules and guidelines.

Let me know if you have any other questions and best of luck finding some new gaming pals."

I'd ask a moderator about this, if I were you.

Last edited:
Anyone still want to play? My town is Verbena, my character is Aleana, and my friend code is 0220-7509-7515.

Actually, I asked Oblivia about this back in late 2015, and she said it was fine.

"Hey there.

I don't see any issue with what you're describing so long as you're not publicly sharing hacking information here on the site. Other than that, you're welcome to try and find people to play City Folk with so long as nothing you're doing is in direct violation of the posted rules and guidelines.

Let me know if you have any other questions and best of luck finding some new gaming pals."

Oh. Good, no need to worry about this thread getting locked then. Unless they've changed their mind over the past 2 years.

Sadly yes, though the moderators and admins rarely check the CF/LGttC threads (unless someone tells them, in which that person is rotten). They would take it down since they believe hacking is "illegal" even though it isn't and they're mistaking it for piracy, which is illegal. Though another reason why it would get taken down is because it requires modifying the console which can cause damage without caution, which is why people should stick to guides on the internet and not some random person on a forum or YouTube (one time, a guy caused thousands of people to brick their 3DS systems by making a video guide where one of the files linked in the description was damaged).

We definitely know the difference between game hacking or modifying a console and piracy - in fact, a couple of us have very specialized knowledge on the topic. Also, we do check every forum board each day to make sure all is well.

We've never had an issue with people making these kinds of threads. Please don't assume things like this and tell people what's allowed, as this is how misinformation ends up being spread. The only thing surrounding hacking that's disallowed here is the explicit sharing of hacking information and the sale/trade of hacked items.

"Hey there.

Nothing's changed. Carry on. :blush:

Back