• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

things that would be nice in the next AC/ACNL update [W.I.P]

Enderz

Some dragon
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Winter Mittens
Cake
I don't really know where to put game suggestion ideas, so I'll just put them here:

1. Choosing where villagers live (super unoriginal but eh)
Self-explanatory, but here is how it works:

Before you load into your town, Isabelle will inform you something like this:
"A new villager is moving in! Isn't that great?"

"However, they have trouble finding a good spot for their home."

"You should go to Nooks homes and help them."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

2. More villager interactions/behavior

Interactions:
Trade: It lets you look at the villagers inventory, and you can either trade, or buy the villagers item. However, you can only do this 5-6 times a day. Great friends will lower the price, neturals will keep it the same, and you cannot buy anything from negatives. They'll also have a certain amount of bells, and it'll depend on everything they do (ex: buying a retail/T&T item, receiving money from the player)

Behavior:

Yea, yea, I know villagers can occasionally "fish", but other than that, all they do is hold their tools.
They should be able to actually use some of the tools more, like:

The Net: If they are holding a net, and they see an insect and a certain radius, they'll show curiosity, and sneak towards the insect, like a player would do. If they fail, they'll either show; mistaken, sighing, cold chill, or sadness, however, they'll not be set to actual sadness until they fail 4 times, or fail once on a rare insect. If they succeed, they'll either show sunniness, if they catch a common, or joy, if they catch a rare. If you interrupt them (ex: scaring the insect or pushing them away), they'll get mad at you, and it'll decrease friendship. (obviously) You can't talk to the villager while they're in the catching state. They'll sometimes donate to the museum.

Fishing Rod: Same applies to fishing with the net, but you can "listen" to what they're saying.

Shovel (?): Villagers will run towards any buried spot, and dig up the item. If it's natural (ex: fossil, gyroid), they'll keep it. If it's unnatural, they'll do certain interactions depending on friendship:
If you're great friends, and you're close enough, they'll ask you if it belongs to you.

If you're great friends, and you're not close enough, they'll have a high chance of holding on to the item until they find you, and they'll ask: "Does this xxxx belong to you?" and you have 3 options:
Yes (Doesn't affect anything)
Yes, but you can keep it (Raises friendship)
No (They may put it in the lost and found, or keep it)

If you're neutral, they'll have a lower chance to do the above

If you're not great friends, they'll just keep the item

--------------------------------------------

This is just a W.I.P

Last edited:
They already do the net thing, but very rarely.

1.) A button that when people visit your town and your at the beach/not near the station you press it and transport to the station.
2.) New breeds of flower
3.) More interactive items
4.) Extended PWP limit and new PWP's
5.) More naturey things to put on the ground
6.) Make dandelion puffs permanent

Different skin tones!!!
I have been keeping this tan since my first month of ACNL!

Diamond ore - I feel like just having silver and gold metallic and reddish pink, blue, purple, and green jewel ores for refurbishing is kind of limiting. A white jewel texture would be so nice on furniture too! Maybe it could be used on the regal set? Maybe there could be even more ores like copper for a red-brown metallic texture, topaz for a yellow or orange jewel texture, or onyx for a black jewel texture. Maybe even opals for a rainbow jewel texture!

Cream flowers - Red and white flowers can make hybrids, red and yellow flowers can make hybrids, so why can't yellow and white flowers make hybrids? I think that cream would be a pretty color for violets, roses, tulips, and pansies, especially since many of these flowers have natural cream variants in real life.

The ability to give gifts or invite villagers over without being prompted first - Villagers approach you all the time to give gifts or ask you to go to their house or your house, so why can't you do the same? The villagers would sometimes refuse, of course, but it would be nice if you had 3 options when approaching a villager: chat, give gift, or hang out.

There's also a bug I'd like to see in the game, the wooly aphid! They're so pretty! They look like tiny little cloud fairies floating through the air. They could appear floating around fruit trees in the late summer through fall.
IMG_3721-11.jpg

Last edited:
1) More outdoor pwps maybe in the style of furniture!
So like outdoor chairs and tables and gardening like hhd and you could make backyards or something

2) Easier placement of pwps and better boundaries so maybe like hhd.

3) More different species of villagers!

4) the chance to earn money through work. Kinda like ww where you worked for tom nook.

5) choose villager placements

I could go on but i feel this is enough for now!

Last edited:
being able to change your skin colour like hhd instead of having to get your character a tan. i also want them to stop perfect fruits having to be native.
an extended theme would be great and choosing sharp notes instead of it being random would be so much better. i want a bigger beach and being able to place certain pwp's on them like chairs and a few new ones like a changing room where you can change into your diving suit.

Oh I also just had another idea: grass seeds! You could buy them at the garden shop and plant them on a dirt space to make it a grass space!

Last edited:
1. Ability to choose where a villager should live.

2. Make custom design space infinite.

3. More villagers.

For villagers to wear more clothes (like dresses, hats, glasses, and other accessories)!

I'd love if villagers could wear QR code designs also more public work projects (outdoor furniture themed or more park themed) also different tones of flowers like light blue, dark blue, pastel blue ...it would also be so adorable if villagers could wear accessories !

I'd love if villagers could wear QR code designs also more public work projects (outdoor furniture themed or more park themed) also different tones of flowers like light blue, dark blue, pastel blue ...it would also be so adorable if villagers could wear accessories !

Villagers do already wear custom designs. They'll only wear custom shirts you put up in the Able Sisters. :)

- Permanent skin tone: I'm a little annoyed this wasn't included in the update via Shampoodle. It's too much of a hassle to go to the island every day at certain times to get somewhat of a tan and work on it for days. :/

- More flower types: Like sunflowers or more carnation colors

- Balconies: It would be a really cool feature where your upstairs room can have a balcony and from outside you can see a view of your town depending on where you house is located. I feel like if AC ever got a Switch game, I think it'd be perfect for it to take advantage of.

- Cafe Open Mic Night: It'd be nice if every other week or once a month, there could be a day/evening where your villagers can sing K.K.'s songs. I think it has a lot of cute potential.

- Cafe Options: More drink options like hot chocolate during the winter, eggnog for Christmas, smoothies in summer, tea for spring, etc. Seeing villager conversations on the stools or chairs would be cute as well.

1. Ability to choose where a villager should live.

2. Make custom design space infinite.

3. More villagers.

um.. I already said something about that.. the first one..

the rest of you have really great ideas, and I hope they get implemented in the next game/update!

Being able to relocate villager houses and buildings. Another room in the second floor. Also a garden in the player's house. The option to deactivate villagers from moving. More spaces for QR codes. More villager species. Make hybrid flowers easier to get. More flowers and fruit trees verieties. More furniture sets and more roof/wall/fence/mailbox designs.
More events.

Last edited:
I would love to have Celeste's observatory back! A bigger map would be nice, and more choices of map at the beginning. Maybe the ability to say to Rover "That's not right... the beach is on the left!/Town hall isn't right!" or something of that nature to mix up the options if you don't like them.

Definitely agree on skin tones.

Would love to see some sort of restaurant on Main Street you could eventually work in (like Brewsters, but with Food). Could be run by Franklin.

I'm gonna be realistic since a lot of this would be amazing but more coding than we would probably get. I'll be surprised if there is another update. I mean this one was mainly to sell amiibos.
I'd like:
House placement for villagers. I don't care if it's a pwp I have to buy for 500,000k.
Put one thing outside my house in an ideal world like ten.
Personally, for the hhd furniture to be accessible from the campground. All of it. Then cards would make money for people who want furniture right now but people like me could still get all the items without trading ect.
Ability to pay money to move rocks. Let me move rocks uhg.
Brewster's to sell cakes. I hate how getting coffee takes about ten seconds.
Being able to move pwps. Why do I have to destory it to build it three spaces over its annoying.
Pine trees make fruit aka pine cones. The best trew has no way to be planted quickly. And bushes to have berries you can plant.

For the villagers to interact more with their homes like in HHD where they're dancing to the music or reading a book

I would love if they combined HHD and a regular Animal Crossing game together. I know the update lets you move furniture around on the grid, but I would like more than just that. I would love to be able to center items, have rugs, and ceiling fixtures. I also think that whenever a new villager moves in, you should be able to help them pick a plot and then decorate their house for them however you like.

I would also like if they added the school, hospital, restaurants, shops, etc from HHD and let you decorate them as well. I think a little city filled with those buildings and the additional buildings like the Able Sister's etc would make such a cute little town. A section for NPC houses would also be really cute, like an appartment building or something and then after hours you can go visit them. And then the other villagers that don't live in your town can also wander around in the city and check out the buildings, again like in HHD

I would also like an option where you can ask Isabelle if anyone is going to move out.

Back